AT C/S Setting impact ton traction control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G55, CL65 C216
AT C/S Setting impact ton traction control

Hi,

does C/S setting have any influence on the tracking control setting? What are the exact difference between C and S just higher rev?

Does the suspention setting (comfort, Spor 1 and 2) have any impact on TC?

Thanks for an answere,
Tom
Old 11-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Almost a Member!

It is my understanding that the C and S settings change the starting gear (C is 2nd, S is 1st) from a stop and may change the rev/shift points. The suspension settings are just that I believe. I don't think either one of these affects TC, but I could be wrong.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
The C and S settings control the Tranny only. C makes you start in 2nd AND changes the upshift AND downshift points (all adaptive, so they can vary slightly). Clearly starting in first vs second can affect traction, but not TC parameters.

The suspension settings do not specifically affect traction control, but the extra "play" in the Comfort mode allows the suspension to take some of the thrust as the power is laid down, so that the car does not tend to break loose as easily.

Consensus on the best launches is usually to have te tranny in S and the suspension in comfort.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:04 AM

G55, CL65 C216
Hi there !

thanks for the reply! and also the advice on launching - I also guessed that by "comfort" suspension mode, the weight gets transferred better to the rear wheel, therefore increasing traction.

Any other hint on launching fast? you just press the pedal, or try to break and accelerate together before launching (did not work good in the first tryout adn engine did not rev).

What about esp? grip on the straight line is not bad, therefore esp OFF is better?

Tom
Old 11-04-2006, 07:36 AM

c-cold for winter conditions something to do with transfering the power slowly to the rear in snowy conditions
s-summer

read your owner manual it explains it clearly
Old 11-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by tomi.omni
Hi there !

thanks for the reply! and also the advice on launching - I also guessed that by "comfort" suspension mode, the weight gets transferred better to the rear wheel, therefore increasing traction.

Any other hint on launching fast? you just press the pedal, or try to break and accelerate together before launching (did not work good in the first tryout adn engine did not rev).

What about esp? grip on the straight line is not bad, therefore esp OFF is better?

Tom

You will get the absolute best launch with it off, BUT you will get better average launches with it on. If you have the chance to many runs, then turn it off and go. If you only get one shot at it, I'd leave it on.