Sponsored by:

Tire pressure and dynamic seats..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 05:29 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Depends on the weather
Tire pressure and dynamic seats..

This sounds strange,but there seems to be some kind of correlation between the two.For the last few weeks my dynamic seats were far less than dynamic.
They barely inflated actually.Today,I stopped by the local dealer to set up an appointment for the winter tires.He looked at my car and said the front right looked really low.It was.
He topped off the air-pressure on all the tires,and tonight on the ride home..the dynamic seats were completely dynamic again.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
haven't noticed that, but i will try. i noticed that if you let some air out of the bolsters, when they inflate it seems much more dramatic.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by Minte
This sounds strange,but there seems to be some kind of correlation between the two.For the last few weeks my dynamic seats were far less than dynamic.
They barely inflated actually.Today,I stopped by the local dealer to set up an appointment for the winter tires.He looked at my car and said the front right looked really low.It was.
He topped off the air-pressure on all the tires,and tonight on the ride home..the dynamic seats were completely dynamic again.
That's interesting. My dynamic seat is NOT working well either. I am going to check it right now.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by 2K6E55
That's interesting. My dynamic seat is NOT working well either. I am going to check it right now.
The dynamics get input from the lean sensors on the car. When you lower the car, there is less lean and therefore less dynamic reaction. That may be it??
Old 11-14-2006, 04:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 SL500
Not knowing all that is involved I would venture to say that might not be correct. Any "lowering" of the car would relate to sensors that measure the height relationship betweeen the frame and the center of the wheel axles. Letting air out of a tire would lower the height of of the center of the wheel in relation to the ground but not to the frame to the axle. When making tight turns the suspension is compressed on one side indicating hard turn thus increasing the support on one side of the seat. I don't see any relationship between low air in a tire and lack of response from the seats. Please inform me if anyone knows otherwise.
Glenn
Old 11-14-2006, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55 AMG
same problemo here
Old 11-29-2006, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Few things to check

Originally Posted by Minte
First thing to check, You have two keys, one may be programed to Dynamic 1 and the other may be programed dynamic 2.
Do you have TPM (tire press mont), if so the dealer may have reset factory settings, to set the new tire pressure. that could have changed the seats and key programing as well.
Women just love the seats in dynamic 2