Sponsored by:

command center nav/dvd/tv/sat question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 12:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E63,03 c4s,01 tahoe, 00 RL
Thumbs up command center nav/dvd/tv/sat question

Just got an E63, and In talking to Jangy and Vadim I understand to be able to get nav/dvd and tv capability, I need the european command center but I lose the satellite radio ability. Is this correct? I want it all!!
Any feedback would be appreciated. I was talking to some P car friends and they say it can be done with the right person so I can have nav/tv/dvd/sat ability.

tx guys and happy to no longer be a pretender in the SD crew.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
Here is the deal... you can buy a Euro unit, it will play DVD's the 7023 model has the plug in the back to connect a TV tuner to. In order to have SAT and VIDEO, you have to do the 5 3 7 trick, which gets you into the menu and allows you to change from ECE (euro) to USA, when you choose USA, you then shut off the unit and wait 3 minutes, when you power it back on you can then use your SAT radio. This is the only way to have both. Jangy seemed to disagree with me, but as I mentioned to him, I'm speaking from experience, I just installed one in my friends CLS 63 a few days ago. Jangy seemed to disagree with me, but as I mentioned to him, I'm speaking from experience, I just installed one in my friends CLS 63 a few days ago.

Last edited by Kevin M.; 11-15-2006 at 02:23 AM.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by Kevin M.
Here is the deal... you can buy a Euro unit, it will play DVD's the 7023 model has the plug in the back to connect a TV tuner to. In order to have SAT and VIDEO, you have to do the 5 3 7 trick, which gets you into the menu and allows you to change from ECE (euro) to USA, when you choose USA, you then shut off the unit and wait 3 minutes, when you power it back on you can then use your SAT radio. This is the only way to have both. Jangy seemed to disagree with me, but as I mentioned to him, I'm speaking from experience, I just installed one in my friends CLS 63 a few days ago. Jangy seemed to disagree with me, but as I mentioned to him, I'm speaking from experience, I just installed one in my friends CLS 63 a few days ago.

Kevin, did you ever sell your older Euro unit? If not email... I would like to get one from you!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
Originally Posted by Hardrivr
Kevin, did you ever sell your older Euro unit? If not email... I would like to get one from you!!!
Sorry I did, email me, I might be able to get another one.
Kevin