Calling all wanna be racers:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 12:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Calling all wanna be racers:

We need to get a nice meet together. Ideally, a track or even a fun ride about town. I know the SD crew is down but we'd be happy to involve some of the others in SoCal on these rides. I've sent this invite to the LA based folks many times to no avail, but there just must be someone up there that loves to ride, no?

I was thinking this weekend. Maybe early morning to avoid traffic and just have a regular run, no craziness. I am dying to see how R's E63 and Vadim's 997s do on the twisties AND the endless straight.

I will definitely have the camera setup by then. Tired of having tales to tell with no proof.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
i would be up for something in the 2nd half of december.... i'll have some time off of work then - coming out of la
Old 11-28-2006, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
im 99.9% sure i can make it this weekend.
palomar?
Old 11-28-2006, 01:39 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by AMG_55
im 99.9% sure i can make it this weekend.
palomar?
yes
Old 11-28-2006, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by jangy
yes
sounds good, ill probably roll w/ my gf
Old 11-28-2006, 02:06 AM
Banned

AMGs
We need to get a nice meet together. Ideally, a track or even a fun ride about town. I know the SD crew is down but we'd be happy to involve some of the others in SoCal on these rides. I've sent this invite to the LA based folks many times to no avail, but there just must be someone up there that loves to ride, no?

I was thinking this weekend. Maybe early morning to avoid traffic and just have a regular run, no craziness. I am dying to see how R's E63 and Vadim's 997s do on the twisties AND the endless straight.

I will definitely have the camera setup by then. Tired of having tales to tell with no proof.
Jangy,

Lets do it... I bought the Sony DCR-SR100 camcorder instead of the Sony DV tapes so the recording time is approximately 4 hrs long now.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by 2K6E55
Jangy,

Lets do it... I bought the Sony DCR-SR100 camcorder instead of the Sony DV tapes so the recording time is approximately 4 hrs long now.
Sounds good. I will try to pick one up this week as well. What ever happenned to our last Palomar run?

AMG_55 bringing his girl. I love it. Kudos to her for chilling with you in your escapades. You've got my nuts itching for that GT3 again. I think I'll go show the wifey a C2s this weekend and then just show up with a debadged one after that!!

As always, everyone is more than welcome.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
I thought it has 7 hrs capacity at max res... ?
Old 11-28-2006, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
I wish I lived closer to you S.D. boys! I would love to give you a run for your money honey.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by stevebez
I thought it has 7 hrs capacity at max res... ?
And about ONE hour of battery time.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
The weather here is making me wish I lived in Cali right now. I HATE the cold weather.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
And about ONE hour of battery time.
I bought 3 extra batteries for backup.

Jangy,

The other Palomar run is still w/me, I havent got the time to upload it to the web.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by BENZGal
I wish I lived closer to you S.D. boys! I would love to give you a run for your money honey.

Haha!! I gotta feeling that even Jay would still bet on me

We'd be down to come up to your parts sometime if you wanna call some of your friends out?? You know us, lots of jabber and fun. Besides, we are finding a few others in the LA area that happen to drive their cars as well and it isn't fair to expect them to come down to Palomar all the time.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haha!! I gotta feeling that even Jay would still bet on me

We'd be down to come up to your parts sometime if you wanna call some of your friends out?? You know us, lots of jabber and fun. Besides, we are finding a few others in the LA area that happen to drive their cars as well and it isn't fair to expect them to come down to Palomar all the time.
Fair enough about Jay. I am sure you are a better driver, no need to pull down the pants. haha J/K I would just love to drive with you guys! You just might be surprised with the skills this girl has. Wait till I get my gears and cams installed next week. Sucka! I will go to L.A. if you have one in that area. You guys should come up and roll with me on the canyons in Malibu sometime.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Fair enough about Jay. I am sure you are a better driver, no need to pull down the pants. haha J/K I would just love to drive with you guys! You just might be surprised with the skills this girl has. Wait till I get my gears and cams installed next week. Sucka! I will go to L.A. if you have one in that area. You guys should come up and roll with me on the canyons in Malibu sometime.
Where do you usually drive up there? I cruise down PCH to Point Mugu almost weekly just for fun. Sometimes I'll even head up onto Mulholland off of Kanan-Dume and then loop back down to the Highway but that sure is a tire-killer. I too think the SD guys should come up to LA. I never feel like waking up at 7am on a Sunday just to make it out there.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Actually, not so sure about the better driver part. I'm just comfy throwing the E and letting the computer decide what happens. Malibu sounds good to me. I'd love to see you again. Maybe we could even both pull our pants down for a comparison?!?! Hehe. Next week for the work? When will it be on the road again? I gotta say, I love your attitude with that ride. Give a rat's behind!! Best part is, you actually like to drive it, even though it could easily be a show car.
How far is Malibu?
Old 11-28-2006, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

How far is Malibu?
~30 minutes north of LA without traffic.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
~30 minutes north of LA without traffic.
Jeez, she is far from us. I dunno why I consider all of that to be LA. So, Malibu is a good 3 hour drive from SD, huh? If so, we need to find a neutral zone to meet up at, unless Benzgal insists.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a toy
1.5 hours driving fast
Old 11-28-2006, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Where do you usually drive up there? I cruise down PCH to Point Mugu almost weekly just for fun. Sometimes I'll even head up onto Mulholland off of Kanan-Dume and then loop back down to the Highway but that sure is a tire-killer. I too think the SD guys should come up to LA. I never feel like waking up at 7am on a Sunday just to make it out there.
That is my route thru Mulholland. Don't ever put DR's on to do that drive!!!! We should hook up sometime and do that drive. I just like it cause there are no cops and lots of corners.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Actually, not so sure about the better driver part. I'm just comfy throwing the E and letting the computer decide what happens. Malibu sounds good to me. I'd love to see you again. Maybe we could even both pull our pants down for a comparison?!?! Hehe. Next week for the work? When will it be on the road again? I gotta say, I love your attitude with that ride. Give a rat's behind!! Best part is, you actually like to drive it, even though it could easily be a show car.
How far is Malibu?
Thank you for the compliments on the attitude. I don't know about you guys, but I love driving alone. I hate to be held back by sissy's. You have a nice ride as well Jangster. Just get some wheels!

I am doing Christmas parties the next two weekends. Anytime after that I am up for some fun. I will drive to O.C. to meet you guys. Pull down the pants. haha
Old 11-28-2006, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That is my route thru Mulholland. Don't ever put DR's on to do that drive!!!! We should hook up sometime and do that drive. I just like it cause there are no cops and lots of corners.
Haha, I wouldn't drive on DRs on normal roads let alone that one! I'm fairly new to it, are there really not that many cops? I really want to push it on that road, the turns are soooo nice. I know lots of bikers and cyclists ride on that road and I have too much respect for/fear of them to go too fast, though. I'm always scared of seeing a biker splat on my windscreen around every turn. But the ride up to Mulholland sure is sweet. Watch out though - I have seen a couple of people get pulled over on that one.

Jangy -
Maybe we should find something more in the middle. LA doesn't really have the greatest spots to drive - I'm thinking the southern part of the PCH? It makes for great morning cruises. I don't know if you're looking for mountain runs (I would assume so) but I can look for a few places that are a little north of SD.

(Heres what we mean when we say Mulholland Highway. Tempting???)
Attached Thumbnails Calling all wanna be racers:-untitled.jpg  
Old 11-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Jangy -
Maybe we should find something more in the middle. LA doesn't really have the greatest spots to drive - I'm thinking the southern part of the PCH? It makes for great morning cruises. I don't know if you're looking for mountain runs (I would assume so) but I can look for a few places that are a little north of SD.
I'm down for almost any kind of ride. Some scenery (sp?) and twisties never hurts. Definitely hook it up and I'll get the SD crew. We are getting bored at Palomar and want some new places to roam!!
Old 11-28-2006, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm down for almost any kind of ride. Some scenery (sp?) and twisties never hurts. Definitely hook it up and I'll get the SD crew. We are getting bored at Palomar and want some new places to roam!!
Ok. I'll try and find something a little closer to you guys. Honestly, I'm searching blind though so can any of our other SoCal members offer a little input on a Newport-Orange County-ish drive?
Old 11-28-2006, 07:56 PM

07 E63,03 c4s,01 tahoe, 00 RL
Cool

Jangy, I'm in. E63 may be in the shop this wkend for the renntech and tint will try to change if not will have the P car.
Should we consider something closer to LA or OC. I'm up, even if we just do a drive up the coast and meet w/ the LA crew have lunch?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Calling all wanna be racers: