Sponsored by:

Used 05 E55 - some questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used 05 E55 - some questions

Hello,

Well, I test drove a used E55 AMG and my god this car is amazing. So now comes the decision time and I have a couple of questions:

1) The car has low milage (13K) and 2 years left on the manufacturer warranty. I am planning to keep the car 3 years or so and as such, I am concerned with the fact that I will run out of warranty (I mostly buy cars that are 1 year old and sell them after 3 years) before I sell. This car would be my 1st AMG car and I do not know how reliable they are, how expansive they are to repair, etc.. Any ideas? Could I get an extended warranty from Mercedes?

2) I am trying to figure out the options on the car, and there are a couple that I cannot figure out. How do I know if such option exist

a) Keyless go
b) Lighting package (I know it has xenon but I can't tell if they are self leveling, or curve sensing)
c) Sirus sattelite radio
d) Are the 6 CD charger in dash or is there a CD charger somewhere in the car

Thx,

Yves.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by ygillard
Hello,

Well, I test drove a used E55 AMG and my god this car is amazing. So now comes the decision time and I have a couple of questions:

1) The car has low milage (13K) and 2 years left on the manufacturer warranty. I am planning to keep the car 3 years or so and as such, I am concerned with the fact that I will run out of warranty (I mostly buy cars that are 1 year old and sell them after 3 years) before I sell. This car would be my 1st AMG car and I do not know how reliable they are, how expansive they are to repair, etc.. Any ideas? Could I get an extended warranty from Mercedes?

2) I am trying to figure out the options on the car, and there are a couple that I cannot figure out. How do I know if such option exist

a) Keyless go
b) Lighting package (I know it has xenon but I can't tell if they are self leveling, or curve sensing)
c) Sirus sattelite radio

Thx,

Yves.
If the car is from a dealer, you should look to buy a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO). If they are choosing not to CPO it, thne it is a sign that something is off on the car as it must pass a specific inspection to be CPO'd. A CPO car has an extended warranty as a part. If you are looking at it through naother dealer or private party, then yes you can buy an extended warranty for it.

Keyless go: look on the shifter for the start button.
Lights: If it has headlight washers, then it has OEM Xenons, which are self leveling, etc.
Sat radio: look for an antenna on the roof or trunk lid. Also, try turning it on.
6 CD is in dash. there is a little button just above the ash tray that opens it.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:32 PM

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by jangy
If the car is from a dealer, you should look to buy a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO). If they are choosing not to CPO it, thne it is a sign that something is off on the car as it must pass a specific inspection to be CPO'd. A CPO car has an extended warranty as a part. If you are looking at it through naother dealer or private party, then yes you can buy an extended warranty for it.

Keyless go: look on the shifter for the start button.
Lights: If it has headlight washers, then it has OEM Xenons, which are self leveling, etc.
Sat radio: look for an antenna on the roof or trunk lid. Also, try turning it on.
6 CD is in dash. there is a little button just above the ash tray that opens it.
Great advice. Another way to go is simply ask the dealer.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:41 PM

Thanks. It is not from a MB dealer but a reputable dealer that I have used in the past. They do not offer CPO on MB but they have an extended warranty I could buy. Yet because it is an AMG, I would not feel comfortable that they would know what they are doing if I were to have a problem. I'd rather have an MB dealer take care of it.

As far as the options, I do not think that it has the headlight washers (1st I can't see anything outside the car that looks like headlight washer and 2nd I tried with lights on to use winshield washer and nothing happened). Yet, I am pretty sure it has xenon. Is it possible?

Thx
Old 12-03-2006, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Which dealer is this, if you dont mind asking?
Old 12-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Thanks. It is not from a MB dealer but a reputable dealer that I have used in the past. They do not offer CPO on MB but they have an extended warranty I could buy. Yet because it is an AMG, I would not feel comfortable that they would know what they are doing if I were to have a problem. I'd rather have an MB dealer take care of it.

As far as the options, I do not think that it has the headlight washers (1st I can't see anything outside the car that looks like headlight washer and 2nd I tried with lights on to use winshield washer and nothing happened). Yet, I am pretty sure it has xenon. Is it possible?

Thx
No. If it has the headlamp washer button, then it should have the little washer that can pop out to wash. Look between the lights on each side for a traingle shaped piece in the air dam. the water in the system can go dry, so you may not always see a spray when you push it, but the piece should pop out of the bumper. It may be broken? All the more reason to have an mb warranty. I would recommend getting an mb extended and NOT another one.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by jangy
... I would recommend getting an mb extended and NOT another one.
I have experience with "another one" that is different.
I would highly recommend Mercury through autowarrantybroker.com.

As a matter of fact, they came recommended by my SA at the local MB dealer, he said it was better than what the dealer sold.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/172906-2005-e55-amg-cp0-sale.html

Check this members E55 for sale... might get a better deal!

Hello,

a) Keyless go
c) Sirus sattelite radio

Thx,

Yves.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

a
PM me with the VIN of the car you're looking at I can get you the build sheet for the car that lists all of the equipment on the car.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Almost a Member!

Thanks for the link to my E55 above which is for sale. I sent you a pm about my car that is for sale.