Cat-back (again-sorry!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Cat-back (again-sorry!)

I'm a bit confused. Eisenmann make a 'factory sport' 'road sport' and 'race' system. I have heard the 'race system' is quite loud. I don't want any droning at highway speeds or people looking when you are cruising down the street, but when the rev's are up or at WOT I would like a nice sound. One of the reasons why I got the E55 was because of its refinements (unassuming, quiet and comfortable, adjustable suspension etc) so I don't want to ruin that with a noisy exhaust, but a nice sound when you get on the gas is different and thats when this car gets noticed anyway.

So to achieve this what are the best options. Iam not concerned about any power gains.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by kiwie55amg
I'm a bit confused. Eisenmann make a 'factory sport' 'road sport' and 'race' system. I have heard the 'race system' is quite loud. I don't want any droning at highway speeds or people looking when you are cruising down the street, but when the rev's are up or at WOT I would like a nice sound. One of the reasons why I got the E55 was because of its refinements (unassuming, quiet and comfortable, adjustable suspension etc) so I don't want to ruin that with a noisy exhaust, but a nice sound when you get on the gas is different and thats when this car gets noticed anyway.

So to achieve this what are the best options. Iam not concerned about any power gains.

They only make two systems now, race or sport.....I think sport is for you not race....if sport isn;t loud enough then u can delete secondary resonator or go with a less restrictive hi flow cats
Old 12-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by ROMEO550
They only make two systems now, race or sport.....I think sport is for you not race....if sport isn;t loud enough then u can delete secondary resonator or go with a less restrictive hi flow cats
Thanks for the input. Its just that afer reading posts about it everyones views differ...some say taking out the resonators (X or H??) sound good and some say it makes no difference. Some say the Eisenmann is very loud and some say it is just right. Then there are the 'cats'...remove the secondary set?...or replace all with hi flow. (CEL's?...02 sensors?) Spme say you do get droning and some say you don't.

I guess it comes down to personal preference, I think I will start with resonators and straight pipes and go from there. Not about to spend $4k NZD on Eisenmann to find out Its not for me.