Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by Jrocket
What rule did you break?
That's a great question, I have no idea. Here's what happened:

I did place an ad in the classified section for a PS3, right when they were selling for crazy money on ebay. I listed the price at an amount higher than MSRP so I would make a profit. That is against the TOU but I didn't realize at the time. The ad was deleted and I recieved a tersely worded email stating that I broke a rule of the TOU in which only sponsers can sell for profit. No problem, I apologized and said that I wouldn't sell for profit again.

Fast forward to the 1st week of December. I had gotten a PS3 for a member on here and was selling it to him at MSRP. Well, the deal fell through so I listed in the classified section, but not for profit. The ad was removed and I was banned for 2 weeks. I recieved another email stating that I had been warned and to enjoy my 2 week vacation from MBWorld. And here's the capper. The same mod that banned me, posted a question to another seller who was selling a PS3 (AT PROFIT) how much he wanted for it. Did that guy get banned? Nope. So it appears that only some of the rules are enforced and they're only applicable to some members

I immediately emailed him back stating that this time I DID NOT break any rules but I recieved no response. I even emailed another mod pleading my case but again recieved no response.

Some people on here know me and I would think they would tell you that I am in no way a troublemaker on this site. Maybe the mod who banned me was suffering from lack-o-nookie or something like that or maybe somone cut him off in traffic on the way to work that morning but it seems that they just do what they want and that's the way it is.

I just plan hangin around here when I need to find out info or have some to share. No reason to get caught up in all the politics and hypocrisy that goes on here on a daily basis.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 01-01-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the market
Originally Posted by Kev04C320
I'd rather be post whoring on MBWorld than working on the project.
Well...join right in
Old 01-01-2007, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Benz O Rama,

That sucks!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&highlight=ps3

This one?
Old 01-01-2007, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Is it possible to hook up the PS3 to the Command in our E55's?
Old 01-01-2007, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by Brunelleschi
I swear this is like trying to explain something to my gf!

It wasn't his sig that got him banned. In fact I beleive that the content of his sig probably falls into the grey area of what is allowed and what is not allowed and could probably have been put back pending a little bit of discussion with the mod who found it to be in violation of the TOU. He got banned for calling the mod's PM out in a open discussion. He got banned for that. At that point he should have gone straight to the mod to get it sorted out, instead he opened another account and continued his argument. The banning was probably still inappropriate, but that is between Ling and the mod.

so basically that mod that got called out felt he was owed so he baned ling.....

that makes no sense to ban someone just cause they started a thread and called out a mod......mods aren't anything special, i just think they let the power go to there head.......i've seen it on other forums.....but just see it more on here
Old 01-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
Originally Posted by Alexbenz
so basically that mod that got called out felt he was owed so he baned ling.....

that makes no sense to ban someone just cause they started a thread and called out a mod......mods aren't anything special, i just think they let the power go to there head.......i've seen it on other forums.....but just see it more on here
you make a good point...and as an OG...your points should get more weight than some of these guys who have only been around 6 or 7 months
Old 01-01-2007, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Is it possible to hook up the PS3 to the Command in our E55's?
should be able to do it with a Euro COMAND and TV Tuner
Old 01-01-2007, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
you make a good point...and as an OG...your points should get more weight than some of these guys who have only been around 6 or 7 months
yea but at the end of the day there simply not going to care.....

it's just disapointing seeing it go on and really i would love to start another fourm to compete with mbworld......i always here so much bad things about this forum from people that have left here and are on other forums....i myself spend more time other places then here now.....if i didn't then you'd see me with 10,000 + posts on here......
Old 01-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by JAY55
Ling loves the art of photography, he doesn't intend to make money. I just saw him yesterday, he'll be missed for 60 days.
Hmm... What happened? Lets bring Ling back! What's this world coming to???
Old 01-01-2007, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
BINGO!
Old 01-01-2007, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
LMAO...Yeah that makes sense.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Closed.