Sponsored by:

Raced my first E55 today…

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63,,,not any more,,,BMW X5 50i
Originally Posted by jangy
The E55 does need good rubber to launch to its full TQ. Why do you think I have been bending over backwards to get 295s to fit?

Those that have tried getting new rubber can tell you the difference tires make on the E55. Old, hard tires just spin. New wide ones stick. With the 295s on, I can basically just mash the gas and the launch is just that. With the 275s, I have to fan the throttle in AND be careful when punching it out of turns.

I believe him. I believe I can smoke him, but I believe him. I've got launches down and my car is healthy, indeed. Straighline races are boring, but i do participate when I can.

Looks like the SD crew has to take this on and get footage. We can use Roger and gE63's (Greg) E63s and mine, JAY55, and 2K6E55's (Jeff) E55s.

This is a good test, since the E55s will be going to RENNTech Stage 1 (2 for me) soon.

Stock for Stock, I don't think there is enough difference between the E63 and the E55 to argue. I'd take each in its own right. The only real separation is in the engine modifications that can be done to the E55.
A point and position very well taken...........