My First Kill !!! M5 Amg Eatr !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Originally Posted by vader
Here is a guy with class. Kudos to you AMG EATR...a fun run is a fun run....

spoken like a true car enthusiast!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55
New version:

"There must not have been any turns in this race because we all know that the M has a significant advantage in this area."

Sounds like? Anyone? Anyone?
Old 01-03-2007, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Definition of CLASS.........

Originally Posted by AMG ETR
Hi Guys
Yes it was me on Okee today The plate has been passed down from car to car, so no I did not go out and get it expecting to beat all AMG's Its just my signature plate

ANYWAY great race today and you were a good guy! I see your sig says E55? was it a 55 or 63? Coulda sworn it was a 63? Also I forgot to ask if you had any mods done? I am bone stock right now and this race was completely out of my powerband and I had many other factors against me (A/C, DSC, Non-Sport Mode, etc) I just wanted a quick run before I really had to turn around, but never the less you beat me . I would love to meet up when I don't have my girl in the car screaming at me and we can set it up a bit better run than this run! The cars are supposed to be pretty evenly matched

Well, very nice car you have and it was fun running into you! I hope we meet again for a rematch!
Best Regards,
Evan
07 6speed M5

Last edited by C43AMG; 01-03-2007 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Not all M owners are bad guys...I beat a guy in an M3 with my CLK fair and square and he admited that my car is faster. He had no problems with it at all and was very nice about it. Glad to see that everyone can race and still have fun with no personal attacks or anything. There should be a 3 way shootout between E55, E63, and M5...somebodies gotta shut off a highway one night and do this because a video of a 0-150 on these 3 cars would be perfect.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:28 AM

2007 Porsche 997 TT
Originally Posted by jangy
Isn't a stick supposed to be faster? i personally like automatics and computer gadgets, but I'm just pointing out the purist thought.
New here, so not trying to stir up any MB wrath. To answer your question, the official line is 'NO', although AMG ETR is confident of the contrary based on personal experience. The 6-speed MT has a (so-far) undefeatable electronic nanny that curbs power with loss of traction. This, combined with the fact that the best manual shifters in this world cannot row thru the gears faster than the fastest SMG program, has resulted in slower 0-60 and 1/4 miles times versus the SMG (as tested by C&D). So, just by the numbers, the 6MT is slower. But the M5Board is hoping that Evan will be able to post up some more comparos vs. SMG M5's.

Question jangy: how are automatics and computer gadgets "purist"?
Old 01-03-2007, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Jay_Bo
Agreed. Classy dude indeed.
+ 1 on that. If you haven't noticed, guys who have had more than one great car in their stable tend to be much cooler about losing than guys who only ever want to own and drive Brand "X".

And losing to a K2 car isn't that bad. Not bad at all.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by vader
Here is a guy with class. Kudos to you AMG EATR...a fun run is a fun run....
Yeah, +2 to AMG ETR. All good fun and game bro.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Almost a Member!

06 M3
Thanks everyone Yea I am not here to ***** and moan, it doesn't change my life either way . I work for the worlds largest Porsche tuner (which is why I had that quick 996TT about a year ago) so if I wanted to go out and try and build the fastest Porsche I probably could, but you know what... someone will probably beat me at some point which is what a lot of people have to learn. Someone will always put more money and effort into a car to beat everyone so just be happy with what you have

That said, I do think this Z06 I have coming with give most street cars a rough time, its easily a mid 10 sec. car (on drags). Should be fun
Regards,
Evan
Old 01-03-2007, 01:59 PM

///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS
Thanks everyone Yea I am not here to ***** and moan, it doesn't change my life either way . I work for the worlds largest Porsche tuner (which is why I had that quick 996TT about a year ago) so if I wanted to go out and try and build the fastest Porsche I probably could, but you know what... someone will probably beat me at some point which is what a lot of people have to learn. Someone will always put more money and effort into a car to beat everyone so just be happy with what you have

That said, I do think this Z06 I have coming with give most street cars a rough time, its easily a mid 10 sec. car (on drags). Should be fun
Regards,
Evan
What's up Evan, your yellow Porsche is wicked looking
You still have it?
Old 01-03-2007, 02:01 PM

05' E55
I am just curious if it was that fully modded 55 shown in his sig or if it was indeed a 63? If its that 55 in the sig. I can fully understand being beaten (though I don't believe it would normally be that bad), but if it was a 63 I am scratching my head a bit...

Can someone (or the owner) confirm what car it was??
Thanks,
Evan
Hey evan it is an 05 E55 Stg 4 (untuned, gotta leave it at renntech next week for tuning) and yeah my girl usually yells at me when I race too so I could understand HAHAHA It def was fun I have been trying to get a friend who also has an M5 to goto moroso with me but he's always busy, he's got a silver one with 20"s names Josh not sure if you know him but he is in this area also.. Also thanks for not being one of those A$$hole$ that get mad. Your a cool dude hope to see ya at moroso sometime

P.S. When you get that vette you can even up the score HAHA See ya soon
Old 01-03-2007, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
[QUOTE=L8Apex;1913974]Was this the car? If so it was Evan. Good guy with nice cars. However, he is in need of a new vanity plate. [/QUOTEYep he's on the M5board!
Old 01-03-2007, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55

Regards,
Evan
Evan...a friend of mine just completed a 10 sec ZO6 out in Vegas...ProCharger...probably only one like it...yellow car...is that possibly be the one you are talking about ? http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/show...gonew/1#UNREAD

Last edited by vader; 01-03-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Almost a Member!

06 M3
Originally Posted by Cosm
Hey evan it is an 05 E55 Stg 4 (untuned, gotta leave it at renntech next week for tuning) and yeah my girl usually yells at me when I race too so I could understand HAHAHA It def was fun I have been trying to get a friend who also has an M5 to goto moroso with me but he's always busy, he's got a silver one with 20"s names Josh not sure if you know him but he is in this area also.. Also thanks for not being one of those A$$hole$ that get mad. Your a cool dude hope to see ya at moroso sometime

P.S. When you get that vette you can even up the score HAHA See ya soon
Very cool, I was scratching my head a bit when I thought it was a 63, because even with a few mods it wouldn't be much faster than a stock M5, but hell losing to a stage 4 E55 is the only outcome with a stock M5 I don't know your friend with the silver car but I am sure I will see him around at some point.

I will be sure to come looking for you with the vette

Vadar: My vette is brand new (its still being built at GM right now) and will be all black with grey stock wheels. The car is shipping straight from my dealer in NJ to Lingenfelter for a 620HP N/A Cam Kit which includes: --Lingenfelter Tune - Lingenfelter Intake w/ 4" MAF - 160 Degree Thermostat - Lingenfelter Custom Camshafts - Dual Valve Springs w/ Titanium Retainers - American Racing Headers w/ Race Catalytics - Corsa Mufflers (Quad 4" Tips) - Lingenfelter Floor Mats. Guys with STOCK Z06's on drag radials are running 10.8-10.9 so I have to figure with over 115HP more the car is a mid 10 sec. car (10.6 maybe?). I thought about going to supercharger route, but I have had many forced induction cars and I would like to try an N/A Cam kit for once (I have always wanted that loopy idle ).

Regards,
Evan

PS- For whoever asked, no I do not still have my Turbo or the Gallardo!! The Turbo was traded for the Gallardo SE and I traded the Gallardo SE for the M5 Here are a few pics of both for ya guys

Last edited by AMG ETR; 01-03-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
AMG ETR- I have always loved your Porsche and to see your responses on this thread shows that you are a true class act. There needs to be more car enthusiasts like you around.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!

PS- For whoever asked, no I do not still have my Turbo or the Gallardo!! The Turbo was traded for the Gallardo SE and I traded the Gallardo SE for the M5

That Gallardo is sweet! Why the hell did you trade that for the M5!!!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 05:12 PM

E55 AMG 2004
That Gallardo is crazy man, just for looks i'd say compared to an M5. They are both hot car's.. Ill be on that level one day..lol
Old 01-03-2007, 05:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
To AMG ETR

thanks for coming over and posting here on our forum - you're a total class act - many of our own forum members can take a page from your book for sure!

As a motor enthusiast (of all brands) I must say that most owners I meet - whether they be BMW / AMG / P / F / enthusiasts etc. are all pretty cool guys and just love cars.

Somehow forums create a volatile environment for the most fanatical to shout their loyalty to their own brand and vent their disrespect on ony other brand. And sometimes these threads end up like a playground brawl .......LOL .... and the never ending M-vs-Amg keyboard Biggus Dikkus brawls have gotten really tiresome.

But as I say most are really cool and I have met some great M5 owners at the track - and you sir are someone that I hope to run into in the future.

I have a stock CLS55 and want to get some decent times at Moroso (if we ever get some cold weather) so if you're into a friendly run make sure to PM me - my best time so far is 12.6 at 111MPH and I am hoping that this car has a little more to offer.

later
Old 01-03-2007, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Gosh, I'll never say twi**ies again

However, thanks for the support Kev, Vic, Jangy and Chiromikey.

AMG ETR- beautiful car and thanks for reinforcing the likes of myself and Cylinder on this site and proving a few M-drivers can be rational about their cars.
If you decide to modify it then keep us posted as a NA 550bhp has already been gained by Hartge as I'm sure you're aware.
Take it easy
Old 01-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Almost a Member!

While we're on the topic of plates, I thought I'd bring something up. Perhaps it's just a little pet peeve I have, but it just makes my skin crawl when I see individuals with sweet cars (especially those that take the time to mod, etc.), who keep the dealer plate holder on. Am I missing something?
Old 01-03-2007, 09:20 PM

Bentley Flying Spur, CL550
Originally Posted by eleven11
While we're on the topic of plates, I thought I'd bring something up. Perhaps it's just a little pet peeve I have, but it just makes my skin crawl when I see individuals with sweet cars (especially those that take the time to mod, etc.), who keep the dealer plate holder on. Am I missing something?
+1. That gets under my skin too. It looks a little tacky IMO.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:28 PM

05' E55
Originally Posted by siswati
To AMG ETR

thanks for coming over and posting here on our forum - you're a total class act - many of our own forum members can take a page from your book for sure!

As a motor enthusiast (of all brands) I must say that most owners I meet - whether they be BMW / AMG / P / F / enthusiasts etc. are all pretty cool guys and just love cars.

Somehow forums create a volatile environment for the most fanatical to shout their loyalty to their own brand and vent their disrespect on ony other brand. And sometimes these threads end up like a playground brawl .......LOL .... and the never ending M-vs-Amg keyboard Biggus Dikkus brawls have gotten really tiresome.

But as I say most are really cool and I have met some great M5 owners at the track - and you sir are someone that I hope to run into in the future.

I have a stock CLS55 and want to get some decent times at Moroso (if we ever get some cold weather) so if you're into a friendly run make sure to PM me - my best time so far is 12.6 at 111MPH and I am hoping that this car has a little more to offer.

later

What he said
Old 01-03-2007, 10:36 PM

'11/E63-Former car: '05 RT4 E55, Sprintbooster, Phenolic Spacers, RT IC /Secondary HE & BMC Filters
AMG ETR,

the RENN-4 you came across is likely putting out more hp/tq than the RENNtech site claims for stage 4. i'm RT-1 (pulley/ecu) and dyno ~560 & 605 hp/tq at crank. other RENN/55 pilots seem to be a bit better than site/dyno graph claims as well.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:33 AM

2004 E55 AMG
oh cool! connection made!! It was his gallardo in the "Showdown in the everglades" video!!

thumbs up to you champ!
Old 01-04-2007, 10:03 AM

2003 E55 K1
Huh?

Actually, I find this "kill" a little depressing and I can't see why the rest of you don't. A heavily modded E55 beat a new M5. Does that mean a stock E55 would get its butt kicked? I'm afraid it might.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
But kicked? NO, a stock E55? I would have to think is neck and neck... edge going to M5 SMG and edge going to E55 vs M5 6MT?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My First Kill !!! M5 Amg Eatr !!