Sponsored by:

Loving my E55 more than ever

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 K1
Smile Loving my E55 more than ever

The last few months my car feels like its been on steroids. I have a 2003 E55and went through all the ECU reflash problems in the Spring. But even before that, the car was strong, but not like now. I don't understand why performance is up, it just is. I changed ectane to 95 (big mistake) then back to "base". But in the last few months (now over 20K), the car has so much power and torque down low that I can't get the least bit aggressive in first without spinning the rear wheels. Unfortunately, it is now more difficult to race someone from the dig because its so hard to get traction (even in warm weather). Before I could just mash the acclerator to the floor with ESP on and there was a minimum of wheel spin.

I'm wondering if part of the difference may be with the ESP. Does anyone know if the ESP can be set to be less aggressive in pulling power to the rear wheels? If so maybe that's part of what I'm experiencing.

The engine also seems to be louder and more responsive. On top its harder to really judge the improvement, but my seat of the pants impression is that the car is much stronger. Unfortunately, the car has never been dynoed so I can't quantify the improvement. Whatever is going on - I'm loving it!
Old 01-03-2007, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
take the power and dont ask questions!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Without wanting to rain on your parade Perhaps your rear tyres are up for replacement hence the spinning?
Old 01-03-2007, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
Maybe it's just the cold weather? Free power.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMGs
Originally Posted by Coalman
The last few months my car feels like its been on steroids. I have a 2003 E55and went through all the ECU reflash problems in the Spring. But even before that, the car was strong, but not like now. I don't understand why performance is up, it just is. I changed ectane to 95 (big mistake) then back to "base". But in the last few months (now over 20K), the car has so much power and torque down low that I can't get the least bit aggressive in first without spinning the rear wheels. Unfortunately, it is now more difficult to race someone from the dig because its so hard to get traction (even in warm weather). Before I could just mash the acclerator to the floor with ESP on and there was a minimum of wheel spin.

I'm wondering if part of the difference may be with the ESP. Does anyone know if the ESP can be set to be less aggressive in pulling power to the rear wheels? If so maybe that's part of what I'm experiencing.

The engine also seems to be louder and more responsive. On top its harder to really judge the improvement, but my seat of the pants impression is that the car is much stronger. Unfortunately, the car has never been dynoed so I can't quantify the improvement. Whatever is going on - I'm loving it!
Congrats on a healthy BEAST via your butt dyno... Why dont you take it to a dyno shop and see what kind of number it puts out?