Post up your RENNTech numbers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
I would think Renntech will offer both the bigger pulley and the current pulley. Maybe its called

Stage 1
ECU + crankshaft pulley

Stage 1+
ECU + crankshaft pulley (diameter size) + IC pump

As for the long tube headers, i dont have any information on it either. Sorry.
Sweet, thanks for the info. Hmmm, a stage 1+. I wonder what the gains difference will be between the two pulleys? I assume it also has a different ECU code as well. I can't wait!!
Old 01-21-2007, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Thank you BlownV8 for the kind words!
Old 01-22-2007, 12:01 AM

RENNTech G55 / Bentley GT / Range Rover / Lambo Superleggera
Originally Posted by m52e55
Kleeman is terrific too, though not sure of K-1 #'s, but there are more than a few RT-1 55's running 11.6-11.8 & 120-121 trap @ 1/4.
I have a Renntech dealer/installer directly accross the street from my office (10 feet away) - Dyno-comp. I look out my window everyday at the diiferent benz's getting work done.... They have worked on a few of my other cars, but no Benzes yet.... My buddies all have Rennteched Mercedes through them, no Kleeman? I would be open to trying either one..... It sounds like a Renntech Stage 1 is pretty hot!

One of the guys in the local Exotic Car Club ( Louie ) has a full Renntech Sl65 and ran it in the 10's here in Az... I bough his BF Drag Radials fro my old SL55 after he got custom Bogart Wheels and Slick...
Old 01-22-2007, 04:01 PM

2006 E55 AMG
The Stage 1 numbers are very strong...especially considering I have a Stage 5 and I'm only putting down 30 more rwhp!!! Of course, altitude may have something to do with it but the cost between Stage 1 and Stage 5 definitely isn't worth 30 hp. I read these things and it's very disappointing.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rudyrono
The Stage 1 numbers are very strong...especially considering I have a Stage 5 and I'm only putting down 30 more rwhp!!! Of course, altitude may have something to do with it but the cost between Stage 1 and Stage 5 definitely isn't worth 30 hp. I read these things and it's very disappointing.
Go with Stage 6 ($16k) and i'm sure it'll be worth the HP.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by JamE55
Go with Stage 6 ($16k) and i'm sure it'll be worth the HP.
yes i agree. i might be first though. still discussing numbers with hartmut and adam!
Old 01-23-2007, 11:58 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
yes i agree. i might be first though. still discussing numbers with hartmut and adam!
Well, I have discussed this issue with both Adam and Hartmut. Adam has been especially helpful and I wish he had a shop here in So. Nevada. The bottom line, I still believe that there is a problem with a tuning product that has an "entry level" package starting at $4,995 retail that puts down 450 rwhp and one of their top packages retailing at $15,995 only adds about 30 more hp. Those aren't hp numbers according to their website but they appear to be accurate in the real world. I guess the lesson here is that, there's no question, The Stage 1 package is by far and away, the best bang for the buck. I don't want to sound like "sour grapes" or that I'm ranting about this. I firmly believe that my car is better for having Renntech parts. I believe my resale is higher and the overall driving experience and reliability is enhanced.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
oooppps i think i misunderstood jamE55 i thought he was talkin about the SLR intercoolers.
RUDYRONO. i agree with you that the HP to dollars dont make sence after stage 1. 4k for shorty headers and 4k for a air box not sure of the exact prices. but anyways both thoes and you will probably only get 20-25hp max. thats why i went with supersprint headers and exhaust almost the same money but 2 times the HP. now the TB seem to put down 20-30hp (i forget) that is well worth it.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:20 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Question Cost?

Originally Posted by jangy
Hi all. Can I get everyone to comment on their stage one dynos? I don't care about crank "corrected" numbers, I wanna see pre and post numbers to the rear.
I was thinking I would be at around 420 stock and 450 post RENNTech 1. Is that realistic?
Jangy: What is the cost of the RENNtech 1 mod??? Good luck too on what looks like a great upgrade from all the numbers posted!!!
Old 01-23-2007, 03:21 PM

2006 E55 AMG
oooppps i think i misunderstood jamE55 i thought he was talkin about the SLR intercoolers.
RUDYRONO. i agree with you that the HP to dollars dont make sence after stage 1. 4k for shorty headers and 4k for a air box not sure of the exact prices. but anyways both thoes and you will probably only get 20-25hp max. thats why i went with supersprint headers and exhaust almost the same money but 2 times the HP. now the TB seem to put down 20-30hp (i forget) that is well worth it.
I guess it's all in what you want to accomplish. I did want to gain some serious horsepower and I did. Plus, I didn't want to mix and match tuning products, primarily for the resale value. So, I can't have my cake and eat it too. If I want morel Renntech horsepower, I'll have to pay for it, albeit, "out the nose."
Old 01-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Out Of Control!

I was talking about the SLR coolers that RennTech offers for $16k. But as what Rudy already said it's not worth the $$$$ with the amount of HP you'll be adding.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
Renntech will not be offering the new bigger pulley for free with any IC pump upgrade.

Sorry jangy, whoever told you this is a blatant lie.

Adam, and Jangy, be assured that OUR customers will be taken care of if they would choose to do the stage 1 now, and add the IC kit in the future.

Adam I'm sure you would also take care of your customers as well, but I can only speak for us here at Creative.

Jangy your good to go. Gotta keep you SD Crew members happy.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by James@Creative
Adam, and Jangy, be assured that OUR customers will be taken care of if they would choose to do the stage 1 now, and add the IC kit in the future.

Adam I'm sure you would also take care of your customers as well, but I can only speak for us here at Creative.

so does that mean the larger pully will be free then? thats kinda the way i read it.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:39 PM

so does that mean the larger pully will be free then? thats kinda the way i read it.

Yes there will be no additional charge if one were to upgrade from the performance package 1, to the performance package 1 with IC upgrade from us, we would simply swap pulley's.

The customer would not pay an upgrade fee for the pulley itself, however it would only be offer with the IC upgrade.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Yes there will be no additional charge if one were to upgrade from the performance package 1, to the performance package 1 with IC upgrade from us, we would simply swap pulley's.

The customer would not pay an upgrade fee for the pulley itself, however it would only be offer with the IC upgrade.
that is a geat deal james good luck to you and your customers.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:44 PM

that is a geat deal james good luck to you and your customers.

Thank you very much, let me know if we can help you in any way.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Rudyrono
Well, I have discussed this issue with both Adam and Hartmut. Adam has been especially helpful and I wish he had a shop here in So. Nevada. The bottom line, I still believe that there is a problem with a tuning product that has an "entry level" package starting at $4,995 retail that puts down 450 rwhp and one of their top packages retailing at $15,995 only adds about 30 more hp. Those aren't hp numbers according to their website but they appear to be accurate in the real world. I guess the lesson here is that, there's no question, The Stage 1 package is by far and away, the best bang for the buck. I don't want to sound like "sour grapes" or that I'm ranting about this. I firmly believe that my car is better for having Renntech parts. I believe my resale is higher and the overall driving experience and reliability is enhanced.

It is simply the concept of diminishing returns. That is life, not just RennTech.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by deaguero
Jangy: What is the cost of the RENNtech 1 mod??? Good luck too on what looks like a great upgrade from all the numbers posted!!!
The price is about $4k. Thanks on the well wishes. I am definitely excited.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Thanks for the support. I know you will. I wouldn't have had all my fellow enthusiasts come to you if I wasn't comfortable.

Like has been said before, it isn't just a business deal between a tuner and us, it is a relationship. That goes for RennTech as well. We (SDCrew) did this together not for the price, but to show good faith to you and RennTech that we want to build that relationship. This isn't my first AMG and won't be the last product I need either!!
Old 01-23-2007, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Just got back from Creative and my pulley install. No post dyno yet as I am waiting to get my ecu back. I can definitely feel an increase in power from the pulley alone.

stock dyno numbers are 414 HP, and 492 TQ.

graph looks silly at lower RPMs because we dont think the operator floored it. He was afraid it would downshift, even when we told him it wouldnt. Oh well
Old 01-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by psk145
Just got back from Creative and my pulley install. No post dyno yet as I am waiting to get my ecu back. I can definitely feel an increase in power from the pulley alone.

stock dyno numbers are 414 HP, and 492 TQ.

graph looks silly at lower RPMs because we dont think the operator floored it. He was afraid it would downshift, even when we told him it wouldnt. Oh well

Any comments on how it feels with just pulley? Low end vs top end difference?

You know that pulley had extra mojo on it, since it was to go in mine, right?
Great to meet face to face. We'll have to hook up and chase VIC55 around soon.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
Any comments on how it feels with just pulley? Low end vs top end difference?

You know that pulley had extra mojo on it, since it was to go in mine, right?
Great to meet face to face. We'll have to hook up and chase VIC55 around soon.

more noticable low end. I can definitely feel the torque and pulls much better. Top end is better, but not as significant as the low end punch.

I think it definitely added at least 10 HP for the jangy jo jo
Old 01-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
more noticable low end. I can definitely feel the torque and pulls much better. Top end is better, but not as significant as the low end punch.

WOW!! I can't wait. More low end? Jeez, how much low end can these motors make?
Old 01-23-2007, 11:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05E55

We need to make a run! Soon.