Someone hit my baby this weekend. :mercy:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
sorry to hear that.

house of imports in buena park has a bodyshop that they own, it a mercedes bodyshop.

i drove my dads ml55 into a ups truck at 40mph or so, 2 months (and 15k$ w/o airbags, they never went off) later it was as good as new
Old 01-22-2007, 10:17 PM

Arrow

THE BEST SHOP IN LA is Beverly Coach Craft.... These guys are amazing! No seriously, the only place in the state of CA i would bring my car......

They have maybe 1 or 2 maybach's there at all times.... This place has been certified by mbz for maybach repairs!

I personaly know the owner, i can help you get in contact if you wish.....

They are located in Westwood or West LA
Old 01-22-2007, 10:20 PM

i didnt realize others had posted about beverly coach craft.... Once again, the best shop in california or maybe the US...............

Honestly go there!
Old 01-22-2007, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'01 E55
Haha. I didn't realize Beverly Coach Craft had so many fans!!

Angela, BCC is located right across the street from the Best Buy we met up at before the meet.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:30 PM

neither did i.

I actually went to school with peter the owners, daughter..... My father has been using them for 10+ years.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by jdj27x
THE BEST SHOP IN LA is Beverly Coach Craft.... These guys are amazing! No seriously, the only place in the state of CA i would bring my car......

They have maybe 1 or 2 maybach's there at all times.... This place has been certified by mbz for maybach repairs!

I personaly know the owner, i can help you get in contact if you wish.....

They are located in Westwood or West LA
Well it really is the best place around. They have been in the business for ages, work on all the complicated cars like the W215 CL, SLR, and Maybach and they have a very long list of happy customers.

When you have a good reuputation and treat people well they recommend that place very highly.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Beverly Coach Craft seems like the place to go. Thank you guys!

I got my first estimate yesterday:
Replace Lt Molding
Replace Lt Chrome Strip
Replace center Grille
Replace Hood or Repair Hood
$1890.00

My dilemma is what to do with the hood? It bent the hood next to the grille. The owner of the shop told me to not replace the hood. He thinks it will loose value by loosing all the original AMG stickers? He told me to just repair it and let them brush paint it? He also told me they have three different grille options on my model?

What would you guys do about the hood?
Old 01-23-2007, 02:58 PM

cclass05
i think repair it.

no picz?
Old 01-23-2007, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Originally Posted by BENZGal
Some non english speaking fool hit the front of my car on Friday. We were stopped in traffic, and this fool just put it in reverse and backed up. He was in a company truck so I should be OK. It cracked the front grill, scratched and dented a few parts on the bumper, and broke my heart. You have to get up close to see the damage.
That sucks Gal.. I'm sorry to hear that. I couldn't even image if my "baby" was hit. I think it would probably bring tears to my eyes.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
I will post some pics this afternoon.

Thank you Josh. I am really bummed about it.

Now I will have an accident on carfax!
Old 01-23-2007, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by BENZGal
I will post some pics this afternoon.

Thank you Josh. I am really bummed about it.

Now I will have an accident on carfax!
Nope your car will have a clean carfax as this is not a crash. Its just a really monor bump. I have seen more damage from people bumping poles at the gas station.

Sure the has had paint work and it may fall a TAD in value but stay calm its got a clean bill of health!

As for the hood he is correct. You always want to keep the original pannels on the car if they are in ok shape. Once you swap out the parts you have proof the car was hit and a new hood makes the wreck look worse that it really was. IF the hood is fixable I would fix it for sure. I paid more than your first quote to paint my car when it was keyed!

Good luck!!
Old 01-23-2007, 06:46 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
That sucks Gal.. I'm sorry to hear that. I couldn't even image if my "baby" was hit. I think it would probably bring tears to my eyes.

You know my story. I've had two incidents where my hood and grille were damaged from flying road debris. Lots of tears! I can say that I'm glad I had the clear bra because it really protected the front of the hood and bumper from deeper damage to the paint.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:40 PM

2004 E55
Make sure they are MBUSA certified and you'll be fine... they are A LOT more expensive than the bodyshop fee the company Truck that hit you... I know here in San Diego county, Farmers pays I think $32.00 an hour and the MBUSA shop charged $38 or $42 an hour... but we worked out a deal and my Black 04 looks PERFECT! Thanks to Jangy for recommending the shop to me!
Old 01-25-2007, 01:52 AM

Amatos did a great job on my rear bumper replacement! Also, I second the point of using a MBUSA certified body shop. I was told by the dealer to use a certified shop because if you don't, your warranty could be affected.

Originally Posted by Hardrivr
Make sure they are MBUSA certified and you'll be fine... they are A LOT more expensive than the bodyshop fee the company Truck that hit you... I know here in San Diego county, Farmers pays I think $32.00 an hour and the MBUSA shop charged $38 or $42 an hour... but we worked out a deal and my Black 04 looks PERFECT! Thanks to Jangy for recommending the shop to me!