W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Help w/Dyno reading

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2007 | 09:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by newton22
Hp and Tq numbers will always cross at 5252 rpms.
And they do here, too.
Old 01-23-2007 | 01:13 PM

Here it is in color
Attached Thumbnails Help w/Dyno reading-jeffe55stage1.jpg  
Old 01-23-2007 | 01:19 PM

thanks james that now looks better. The other one posted I couldnt see the cross. I stand Corrected
Old 01-23-2007 | 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mad TKD
thanks james that now looks better. The other one posted I couldnt see the cross. I stand Corrected

yea sorry about the black and white dyno... the color helps to see the lines in the graph.
Old 01-23-2007 | 01:46 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by James@Creative
yea sorry about the black and white dyno... the color helps to see the lines in the graph.
Hehehee... Thanks James! I spent all the money and only got a black/white version of my DYNO? J/K

Car was dyno in 4th gear and on stock 18" at Pre Renn'ed, please confirm Post Renn'ed James. Any more ideas on why the graph is anomaly? Or should I take it to the DYNO shop?
Old 01-23-2007 | 04:32 PM

It looks like the dyno operator didn't mash the go pedal until about 3500 RPM - probably to keep it from down shifting. Was the car in manual mode?
Old 01-23-2007 | 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Grumpy666
It looks like the dyno operator didn't mash the go pedal until about 3500 RPM - probably to keep it from down shifting. Was the car in manual mode?
This is correct... I just comfirmed today when we got charles' dyno'd. Every time he mashed it kicked down so it kept it light.

Jeff, I'll email you the color one.
Old 01-23-2007 | 08:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Hey James, I wanna run my own car on the dyno. It needs to be in manual mode, so you can punch it early!!
Old 01-24-2007 | 01:18 AM
Almost a Member!

99 civic EK hatchback
james@creative what are the chances that the guys at jba screwed up with jays cause i couldn't get the intercooler pump to fail on his car and that is the only feasable thing i could thing of that would cause such a loss of hp assuming the ecu reprogramming ok. the car drives pretty strong with the esp light going off everytime i mash the pedal but jay says the car is pretty weak. also can the dyno operator screw up that much that the hp difference between jays and jeffs car can differ that much?
Old 01-24-2007 | 01:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by exit2Ek
james@creative what are the chances that the guys at jba screwed up with jays cause i couldn't get the intercooler pump to fail on his car and that is the only feasable thing i could thing of that would cause such a loss of hp assuming the ecu reprogramming ok. the car drives pretty strong with the esp light going off everytime i mash the pedal but jay says the car is pretty weak. also can the dyno operator screw up that much that the hp difference between jays and jeffs car can differ that much?
Now we gotta have Jay's numbers. His was the stronger of the two a few weeks back.
Old 01-24-2007 | 05:52 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by jangy
Now we gotta have Jay's numbers. His was the stronger of the two a few weeks back.
Jangster,

When r u doing your RT1?
Old 01-24-2007 | 06:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I switched with Chucky, so I will do mine when his gets in (any day).

I assume you and Jay are planning to re-run the dyno? I want the correct method done, since this is just the beginning for me.

I drove Jay's ride today. Now I gotta run yours!!
Old 01-25-2007 | 12:50 AM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by jangy
I switched with Chucky, so I will do mine when his gets in (any day).

I assume you and Jay are planning to re-run the dyno? I want the correct method done, since this is just the beginning for me.

I drove Jay's ride today. Now I gotta run yours!!
Jay & I will be re-dyno tomorrow with James there to supervise. We need some answers...
Old 01-25-2007 | 01:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by 2K6E55
Jay & I will be re-dyno tomorrow with James there to supervise. We need some answers...
Dig up the threads for exactly how our resident pros do it and make sure turkey man knows how to run it. Actually, i would pressure James into going to a different shop. I know his own is a bit far, but how about the one you guys hit up a weeks past?
Old 01-25-2007 | 12:31 PM

Here's what I'm gonna do to help this tard at JBA. I'll make a wood box that basically covers the kick down switch so he can mash it to get the correct tq graph without worrying about it downshifting. I'll also make his dumb ***, which btw I don't know why they shouldn't already know this, to turn the F#$king fan on during the dyno.

Jangy, I'll do dynoing your car at the Dyno Shop in Santee, they actually are the guys that repair most of the dyno's here in SD.
Old 01-25-2007 | 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by exit2Ek
Can you clear all the Adaptation's and reset Jay's ECU? If can that would be great, if not I'll do it here.

We're taking a look at his ECU file to see if anything doesn't look right.
Old 01-25-2007 | 02:47 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by James@Creative
Here's what I'm gonna do to help this tard at JBA. I'll make a wood box that basically covers the kick down switch so he can mash it to get the correct tq graph without worrying about it downshifting. I'll also make his dumb ***, which btw I don't know why they shouldn't already know this, to turn the F#$king fan on during the dyno.

Jangy, I'll do dynoing your car at the Dyno Shop in Santee, they actually are the guys that repair most of the dyno's here in SD.
Hey James I am just curious why you are using JBA? They reputation has not been that great as of the last while. Was it customer request? I have two good friends that used to work at JBA and since they have opened up their own shop. They mainly do Mustangs, obviously since they came from JBA, but they have a brand new Dyno. It is a great shop maybe you could check them out. The owners names are Greg Smith and Shawn Fowler.

http://dprsocal.com/