So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 01:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK55 Cabrio
Thumbs up THANK YOU Cyrus...

Cyrus,

I want to personally THANK YOU for being so inviting and curteous and opening up the track to us! It was awesome to throw the Cabrio around and the ride in the RADICAL...well all I can say is I am not worthy! I will be looking into a plan to get one and try and be apart of the race series! Let me know what you decide about yours if you decide to move in the direction that you mentioned.

My son had a really good time and he wants me to start racing again. It is refreshing to meet such nice people and spend a great day hanging out and sharing the experience with generations of all ages.

Look forward to doing more of this in the future.

Mick

Last edited by topless in SB; 02-18-2007 at 02:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AMG_55_cruiser (04-05-2017)
Old 02-18-2007, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Thanks ,

Wo was that a great lesson. That was truly a special event and I am sure we will do it again once we are all members of the track and are storing our sport jets and cars at the track lol. THANK YOU for the invite Cy. Nice meeting some of the others, sorry I bailed Sunday, hope it went well. Please post some stories from SUNDAY. Jeez ERIC your C32 is faster than a Z06 and a 997 turbo LOL.. AWESOME car great driving man.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
‘11 SLS, ‘19 GT63 s Edition One
Hi Everyone,
I just got home, thank you to everyone who came up, and made it a point to find me and say hi. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Eric, I hope you got home OK.

Josh, I LOVE your car!

Shelle, what can I say, really enjoyed meeting you and your fiance, I hope to see you guys soon.

Mick, let's talk about the Radical, and next time I promise I'll be sure to get your son his helicoptor ride. I told you, one ride in the Radical and you'll be hooked !

Did anyone else show that I missed? SD Crew, no one showed after all the huffing and puffing?

If you click on the Spring Mountain CALENDAR you can see when there are track days, and you can sign up with the organization themselves.

You guys should choose a date and sign up. The down side is, it won't be Free like this weekend, and you'll have to pay for your own lunch also, unlike this weekend.

I'm glad I met new friends, and look forward to meeting more enthusiasts.

Cyrus
Old 02-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by CyE55
Hi Everyone,
I just got home, thank you to everyone who came up, and made it a point to find me and say hi. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Eric, I hope you got home OK.

Josh, I LOVE your car!

Shelle, what can I say, really enjoyed meeting you and your fiance, I hope to see you guys soon.

Mick, let's talk about the Radical, and next time I promise I'll be sure to get your son his helicoptor ride. I told you, one ride in the Radical and you'll be hooked !

Did anyone else show that I missed? SD Crew, no one showed after all the huffing and puffing?

If you click on the Spring Mountain CALENDAR you can see when there are track days, and you can sign up with the organization themselves.

You guys should choose a date and sign up. The down side is, it won't be Free like this weekend, and you'll have to pay for your own lunch also, unlike this weekend.

I'm glad I met new friends, and look forward to meeting more enthusiasts.

Cyrus

Cyrus,

Thank you very much for the invitation, i so missed out ... i'm very sorry i couldnt make it

I went to work in the morning, which is about 1/2 mile away from my house, everything ready to leave to vegas was in the car. I went to my future tuners new shop about 10 miles away, i was comming back home to meet my friend that was suppose to arrive there soon. As i was getting out of the freeway i shift from 1st to 2nd..and i hear a click ... ... like if something broke... it wouldnt let me shift out of first... i went home... put the car in garage...ran to a computer...searched for what it could be, told my friend to buy me the parts from the Porsche dealer, he came... i open up the whole center counsole to find out, the problem wasent there... i was soo dissapointed ...man i really missed out....any other events you plan to attend this year ? it would be cool to have another mbworld track day.... btw any pics ?

Enrique
Old 02-19-2007, 02:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
w212 E63 / 996tt
track meet

Cy,
You left me out....
I was under the impression that you weren't at the track on Sat? If you were, there sorry I didn't get to meet you. I was too busy squealing around each and every turn.

It was nice to put some faces w/ the board names. Josh's car is

I did take a few pictures, and so to did Josh. I have to see what I've got on the camera (nothing special)

There was certainly a nice turn out of some pretty nice and exotic cars.
Lambo's, F-cars, P-cars, Radicals, Benz, a lot of Zo6's, Lotus etc...

Thanks for a great time, oh and a very nice sunburn

p.s.
Cyncarver can most certainly drive
I forgot to get another ride when you re-fuelled,
Hopefully you can take a rain-check
Old 02-19-2007, 03:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Red face Cyrus....

sorry i couldn't make it.....

Originally Posted by AMG_55
im not going either, my front tire is still leaking air and my car wouldnt pass the noise limit, its at 107 from like 10ft away

there is always a next time
I really appreciate the invitation, thank you

I thought my tire was fixed on Wed. and Thu night found out that it was still leaking.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:13 AM

08 E63
Cyrus -

I can not thank you enough for the invite. We had a great time. The staff at Spring Mountain is wonderful. All of the members were very friendly, the wife of the crazy face Radical even asked for a ride in the E55. She wanted to feel the torque and see how it handled on the curves....even though some of the curves did not have a 4000LB sport sedan in mind when it was designed.

The ride in the Radical was amazing you are a great driver Unfortunately for -L- that was the last thing I needed. No more building up an M3 as a track car the Radical is the way to go. If things go right that may be my XMas present I will keep in touch with you on that. We will become members.

For those he had the misfortune of not attending you missed out on a wonderful opportunity. The owners of Spring Mountain had a technically challenging course designed that wasn't just about speed but driving capability as well. The facility is amazing even as it stands right now. The additional construction is going to make this a first class venue right outside of Las Vegas. I can not wait for the condos to be completed, no more Saddle West

It was a blast meeting all the MBWorld drivers that came out to the track. We had a great group of folks representing MB cars at the track.
Juicee we worried about you. Hopefully you made it home untouched

I will resize the pictures and then post...

Last edited by ShelleE55; 02-19-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:30 AM

08 E63
Spring Mountain Pix...

Here you go...
Attached Thumbnails So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18-image0011.jpg   So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18-image0012.jpg   So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18-image0013.jpg   So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18-image0014.jpg   So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18-image0008.jpg  

Old 02-19-2007, 11:32 AM

08 E63
More........
Attached Thumbnails So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18-image0003.jpg   So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18-image0004.jpg   So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18-image0005.jpg   So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18-image0015.jpg   So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18-image0018.jpg  

Old 02-19-2007, 11:35 AM

08 E63
More......
Attached Thumbnails So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18-image0017.jpg   So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18-image0019.jpg   So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18-image0020.jpg   So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18-image0021.jpg   So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18-image0009.jpg  

Old 02-19-2007, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Roseylv
Cy,
You left me out....
I was under the impression that you weren't at the track on Sat? If you were, there sorry I didn't get to meet you. I was too busy squealing around each and every turn.

It was nice to put some faces w/ the board names. Josh's car is

I did take a few pictures, and so to did Josh. I have to see what I've got on the camera (nothing special)

There was certainly a nice turn out of some pretty nice and exotic cars.
Lambo's, F-cars, P-cars, Radicals, Benz, a lot of Zo6's, Lotus etc...

Thanks for a great time, oh and a very nice sunburn

p.s.
Cyncarver can most certainly drive
I forgot to get another ride when you re-fuelled,
Hopefully you can take a rain-check
Oops, sorrry I missed you. I got to the track a bit late on Saturday, I missed the first session and got there just in time for the second session.

I'll be out there again probably in a couple of weeks, they're making some adjustments to the car and I need to shake it down before the next race at Firebird. I'll let you know when/if and we can hook up again.

Anyone heard from JuiceE55 or CynCarvin32?

I want to hear JuiceE55's Saturday night story, last we talked he was considering sleeping in the trunk of his car !

CynCarvin32 had an issue with his Bimmer, it was overheating and they couldn't figure out why, so it was being flat bedded to Barstow, and then another flat bed to home. I was going to be a looonng drive. They left the track around 11:30.

Cyrus
Old 02-19-2007, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Oops, sorrry I missed you. I got to the track a bit late on Saturday, I missed the first session and got there just in time for the second session.

I'll be out there again probably in a couple of weeks, they're making some adjustments to the car and I need to shake it down before the next race at Firebird. I'll let you know when/if and we can hook up again.

Anyone heard from JuiceE55 or CynCarvin32?

I want to hear JuiceE55's Saturday night story, last we talked he was considering sleeping in the trunk of his car !

CynCarvin32 had an issue with his Bimmer, it was overheating and they couldn't figure out why, so it was being flat bedded to Barstow, and then another flat bed to home. I was going to be a looonng drive. They left the track around 11:30.

Cyrus

I left Sunday Morning..Thanks Shell and Leon for the invite to stay in your room, but I SURVIVED. I was very sore FROM DRIVING..It takes alot more than I ever could imagine to do laps. I have not heard from Eric or seen a post from him, hope those guys made it back. So , I have some real incredible stories , I had a great time talking with all you guys and gals, Shell you are going to be a very good driver, nice lines for a rook. Your partner is cool too, sorry for not getting out of the way LOL, least I know what that flag means now . Till next time, hopefully Willow. Cyrus when are we buying the plane?
Old 02-19-2007, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by juicee55
I left Sunday Morning..Thanks Shell and Leon for the invite to stay in your room, but I SURVIVED. I was very sore FROM DRIVING..It takes alot more than I ever could imagine to do laps. I have not heard from Eric or seen a post from him, hope those guys made it back. So , I have some real incredible stories , I had a great time talking with all you guys and gals, Shell you are going to be a very good driver, nice lines for a rook. Your partner is cool too, sorry for not getting out of the way LOL, least I know what that flag means now . Till next time, hopefully Willow. Cyrus when are we buying the plane?
Hey guys we got back to LA around 6:00 but had to sit around waiting for the second tow truck. After that I had plans with my family for a Sunday dinner and by 10pm I was dead tired so I just went to bed. I will get photos off my camera and my in car footage as well and post when I can.

Thank you Cyrus. That was likely the best track day for me yet. It makes Big Willow look like a series of connected on-ramps. You can drive big willow with one hand almost but Spring Mountain is a real race track that requires real talent to go quickly. Your Radical really changed my out look on racing. It is on my list of things to get as things fall into place. Thanks for the 2 rides! Your driving was really first rate. You now have me scratching my head about buying a Radical and or joining the Spring Mountain MotorSport Ranch. It was great to meet you and thank you for that generous offering this last weekend.

Shelle and JuiceE55 - It was nice to meet you guys. Well done with showing up for the event! It was a real pain getting to Vegas on Friday but it was worth the 8 hr. drive.

Shelle - glad your E55 got over those error codes so you could keep going and having fun! You did really well for your first track even and you will love your training course at big willow next month. We will have to set up another group event soon!

Juicee - Your car drove better than any E55 I have come across. It was neutral, well balanced, had great brakes and the engine and transmission made my E55 look like a block of wood. Thanks for letting me take it out for a session. It was an eye opener. The most amazing thing was that the tire wear was totally even and that shows AMG did tune that 030 package car for some aggressive driving. Congrats on finding that car and enjoy it!

RoseyLV - You are always welcome for a ride along. Sorry I forgot to check on gas before taking you out for a sesion. That turn just made all the gas slosh away from the fuel pick up point and then that bump exiting the corner just made the car starve for fuel. I got another 3-4 sessions in after we got gas and the car felt great. Glad you got to see it for a few laps at least.

Eric
Old 02-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Sounds, like you boys had lots of fun.

God, I missed going to the track. I am going have to keep my C32 and bring it in next time.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
That fricken C32 LOVES THAT TRACK...my God that is an amazing car on the twisties.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:12 PM

08 E63
The C32 was right there with GT3 and the 500+ tuned M3 (he was an excellent driver too). If anyone every questions whether a Benz can handle the twisties all they need to do is watch him drive the C32.

This track was very different then the road course I drove at California Speedway. It wasn't like you had a smooth entry into the straights. You are actually coming out of hard turn, 2nd maybe 3rd gear, entering the back straight. The only way to get up above 100 in the E55 or CLS63 is powering out of the apex just right. And the front straight coming past the paddock up into the first turn Lots of fun.....
Old 02-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
The C32 is light and nimble compared to the E-Class. It is fun watching a C32 devour cars on the canyons here in SoCal.

People don't have a clue what is going on when they see a C Class drift through the corners and pass them, then disappear from sight.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:01 PM

2006 E55 AMG
I was wondering if you guys/gals got together any of the nights you were here in town. I was not able to make it out to the track either day because of other commitments but I would have loved to meet some of you and seen your cars. I had posted on this thread about possibly getting together one of the evenings but there were no takers. Too bad, I have a bunch of friends that love to see what their cars can do and it would have made great video.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Update

Update on my retardness:

Well, i took the car in for service yerday, the mechanic said the linkage from the gearshift to the tranny fell off..very weird. He said i drive to aggresive, because it happens very rarely...well the way i see it is, god didnt want me to go for some reason. I wasent even driving aggresive that day. Oh well i'm still dissapointed that i didnt get to go and i wasted 180 bucks for them just to plug the wire back in ...
Old 02-20-2007, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rudyrono
I was wondering if you guys/gals got together any of the nights you were here in town. I was not able to make it out to the track either day because of other commitments but I would have loved to meet some of you and seen your cars. I had posted on this thread about possibly getting together one of the evenings but there were no takers. Too bad, I have a bunch of friends that love to see what their cars can do and it would have made great video.
I dunno about everyone else, but I was TIRED ! Friday night was in bed by 12:30 and Saturday night by 11:00. And Vegas was NUTZ that weekend.

Next time.

Cyrus
Old 02-20-2007, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
I dunno about everyone else, but I was TIRED ! Friday night was in bed by 12:30 and Saturday night by 11:00. And Vegas was NUTZ that weekend.

Next time.

Cyrus
Agree fully Cyrus. Vegas was full of wackos that weekend and leaving my hotel made me feel very uncomfortable. I just kind of felt out of place so to say!

I went and have a few drinks Saturday night at Hard Rock but that only was because I knew I was not going to be driving Sunday at the track.

Staying out late and getting up at 6am to race al day makes you really sleepy around 4 pm..even worse on the drive home!

Cant wait to get back to Spring Mountain. The nature of that track has me going out to the streets of willow maybe in two weeks! The big track just seems to boring these days!
Old 02-21-2007, 12:02 PM

08 E63
The scene in Vegas is the whole reason we stayed in Pahrump. We knew it was madness and a couple like Leon and I would get far too many comments then we would care to deal with from that crowd, that is why we toughed it out at the Saddle West.

We both fell asleep Saturday afternoon when we got back from the track and then tried to find a place to eat.....We left Sunday morning after saying goodbye to Cyrus and his girlfriend.

I want to go back again as well. I already emailed Donna for the Radical school schedule. I am hooked...My new motto is: Take it to the track

Also Cyrus let us know when the Radical race is at Button. I am sure you could get some folks out to support the event.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by ShelleE55
The scene in Vegas is the whole reason we stayed in Pahrump. We knew it was madness and a couple like Leon and I would get far too many comments then we would care to deal with from that crowd, that is why we toughed it out at the Saddle West.

We both fell asleep Saturday afternoon when we got back from the track and then tried to find a place to eat.....We left Sunday morning after saying goodbye to Cyrus and his girlfriend.

I want to go back again as well. I already emailed Donna for the Radical school schedule. I am hooked...My new motto is: Take it to the track

Also Cyrus let us know when the Radical race is at Button. I am sure you could get some folks out to support the event.
Shelle we needed more couples like you two in Vegas. Hard Rock was actually just like normal so that was nice. We went there to have dinner and relax on Saturday night. Steve enjoyed pretending to be single once again!

We are getting some track days together soon. We want to do the streets of willow sometime soon and the big track again for the sake of it. Then we also need to get to buttonwillow.

C32 is off to the shop. I need to go see the tech and show him whats wrong. Something in the rear-end is making a really loud clunk way to often. Also the intercooler seems to be eating coolant again. More fun and games! But all worth it!

P.S. I should clear up one thing! The C32 is not mine! I have my cars but Steve is nice enough to let me use his cars at the track. He wants to track both cars at the same event so he needs someone to drive one to the track for him! Between that and keeping those cars running lending a helping hand can be a full time job! I need to get a track car of my own but then we need another driver! But its very nice of him to let me use his cars... I do pay for tire destruction and brake pad's etc but still....he like having someone to chase around the track to see how his cars stack up!
Old 02-21-2007, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by ShelleE55

Here's the Radical Racing local schedule:

June 22-24 Cal Speedway
Sept 1-2 Willow Springs (Not sure if I'm going)
Sept 28-30 Buttonwillow
October 27-28 Thunderhill
Nov 17-18 FINALE Spring Mtn

CynCarvin32, do you have any in car footage you can post? I have some photos in the GF's camera, I'll get them up as soon as I get them.

Cyrus
Old 02-21-2007, 06:43 PM

08 E63
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32

We are getting some track days together soon. We want to do the streets of willow sometime soon and the big track again for the sake of it. Then we also need to get to buttonwillow.

Let me know the dates once you have them planned. I also say we all try to get out California Speedway June 22-24 and try to support Cyrus in the Radical Race

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18