So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
‘11 SLS, ‘19 GT63 s Edition One
So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18

Hi Guys,
I had mentioned a few months ago that I would be able to get us a track day at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch in Pahrump Nevada (45 minutes from beautiful Las Vegas).

www.SpringMountainMotorsports.com

Judging by some of the interest in the latest threads about street racing, and who's fast and who's not (Thericker vs. ??) I think there's enough interest to get on a real race track and show what you've got all along minimizing the threat to the general public.

So here's the deal:

February 17 and 18
Price: TBD but no more than $250 per car for the weekend. (80% chance it's going to be FREE! because they're planning on having an even to promote the motorsports club)

Qualifications: I must know by January 31 who is going so I can let the track know.

This is going to be the full track which is 3.5 miles long, and very challenging. Some of you guys who like going in a straight line with have plenty of chances to go straight, but you're going to have to learn to brake and turn too.

Please don't sign up if you're not going to make it because you may be taking up someone else's space.

So let's start the list:

1) CyE55 (E55 and Radical SR3)

Last edited by CyE55; 01-24-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
I'm in.

JayE55 and the rest of the SD crew -- you guys should try to make it up for this? I heard the hotel in Pahrump is a lot of fun....
Old 01-25-2007, 01:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
In.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
AMG_55
Old 01-25-2007, 07:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
here... copy, paste

2) DragonAMG (E55)
3) Jangy (E55)
4) AMG_55 (997S)
Old 01-25-2007, 04:30 PM

Update

Hello Everyone,

Saturday Feb 17 and Sunday Feb 18 track day will be...FREE!

Spring Mountain is having an "Open House" so that everyone can get a sample of what the track is about, and potentially join Club Spring Mountain ( www.ClubSpringMountain.com ) a motorsports country club that they are putting together there. I'm one of the Charter Members, and if you come, you will see what they're planning on putting there, in addition to the already existing facilities.

At any rate, I do need to RSVP with no more than 10 names (Other than myself, so 11 total), so they can account for us. We may be able to add more people later.

I believe there's going to be a BBQ lunch served also on both days.

CynCarvin32 was asking me if there were going to be Radicals on the track, this event is not a Radical event, there will probably be 4 or 5 Radicals that will be running with the Red Group (advanced). Depending on how many cars show up, and what level the drivers are, we'll see how many run groups we'll have, and how they may get split up.

As for accomodations:
The best hotel in town is the Best Western and the Nugget, however, if you're not familiar with Pahrump, there are other places you can "stay".

Personally, I'm probably going to stay in Vegas, it's a 45 minute drive to the track, but the accomodations are much better, and maybe we can get an MBWorld dinner scheduled on Saturday and/or organize a drive out on Friday.

It's going to be a blast, and it will for sure give us all something to talk about. Once we have the 10 cars, if there are more people interested, PM me, and I'll see if we can get more people in, so please be sure you can attend if you're signing up, even though it's a free event.

When the list is full, we can figure out the drive out, and the lodging, we may be able to get group rates at a hotel or what ever.

Cyrus

If you've never been on a track before, let me know, and I'll give you the name of who you should contact to arrange for a check ride if needed (I don't make the rules).
Old 01-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Banned

F248 F1
I'm in...

how many sessions do we get ?
Old 01-25-2007, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by egxpimp
I'm in...

how many sessions do we get ?
Don't know yet, depends on how many cars are there, but usually at least 3 sessions in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. I'll have details probably by end of next week.

2) DragonAMG (E55)
3) Jangy (E55)
4) AMG_55 (997S)
5) egxpimp
Old 01-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Banned

AMGs
2) DragonAMG (E55)
3) Jangy (E55)
4) AMG_55 (997S)
5) egxpimp
6) 2K6E55
Old 01-25-2007, 06:34 PM

08 E63
Originally Posted by CyE55
Hello Everyone,

Saturday Feb 17 and Sunday Feb 18 track day will be...FREE!

Spring Mountain is having an "Open House" so that everyone can get a sample of what the track is about, and potentially join Club Spring Mountain ( www.ClubSpringMountain.com ) a motorsports country club that they are putting together there. I'm one of the Charter Members, and if you come, you will see what they're planning on putting there, in addition to the already existing facilities.

At any rate, I do need to RSVP with no more than 10 names (Other than myself, so 11 total), so they can account for us. We may be able to add more people later.

I believe there's going to be a BBQ lunch served also on both days.

CynCarvin32 was asking me if there were going to be Radicals on the track, this event is not a Radical event, there will probably be 4 or 5 Radicals that will be running with the Red Group (advanced). Depending on how many cars show up, and what level the drivers are, we'll see how many run groups we'll have, and how they may get split up.

As for accomodations:
The best hotel in town is the Best Western and the Nugget, however, if you're not familiar with Pahrump, there are other places you can "stay".

Personally, I'm probably going to stay in Vegas, it's a 45 minute drive to the track, but the accomodations are much better, and maybe we can get an MBWorld dinner scheduled on Saturday and/or organize a drive out on Friday.

It's going to be a blast, and it will for sure give us all something to talk about. Once we have the 10 cars, if there are more people interested, PM me, and I'll see if we can get more people in, so please be sure you can attend if you're signing up, even though it's a free event.

When the list is full, we can figure out the drive out, and the lodging, we may be able to get group rates at a hotel or what ever.

Cyrus

If you've never been on a track before, let me know, and I'll give you the name of who you should contact to arrange for a check ride if needed (I don't make the rules).

Will they have instructors?
Old 01-25-2007, 06:55 PM
DKM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 G63, 2021 RS6, 2021 Ducati Panigale SP, 2022 Ford F450
I'm in...
Old 01-25-2007, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by ShelleE55
Not Sure, but I'll find out for you.

There's always people there that know the track well and can take you around to show you the line, etc. It's going to be a pretty informal gathering.

Cyrus
Old 01-25-2007, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by DKM
I'm in...
Glad you're going to make it. I was going to PM you.

I was also just reminded that weekend is the AllStar Basketball game in Las Vegas, and rooms are rare and expensive in Vegas, but are available in Pahrump. So we need to get on it to make reservations, I'll start making calls.

Cyrus

2) DragonAMG (E55)
3) Jangy (E55)
4) AMG_55 (997S)
5) egxpimp
6) 2K6E55
7) DKM

Last edited by CyE55; 01-25-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
ive never been to a track but im sure i wont have any problems and will pass whatever they throw at me.... do i need to do anything before the event to make sure im good to go?

i can email some driving vids to whoever
Old 01-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by AMG_55
ive never been to a track but im sure i wont have any problems and will pass whatever they throw at me.... do i need to do anything before the event to make sure im good to go?

haha actually their is bro!

since i know you drive hard like me

bring tools
brake fluid
spare brake pads
engine oil
tranny oil
water--lots of it
a snell approve helmet

and yes just cuz u have a porsche dont mean ****... i managed to boil the brake fluid on the TT at laguna after 2 sessions i was ripping **** appart....

oh yea bring your digi cam..
Old 01-25-2007, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by AMG_55

Once we know who is coming, I'll PM or e-mail everyone the contact info at the track and she'll get everyone square away.

No need to bring water, refreshments will be provided. Just bring a Snell approved helmet, although there are some there, I've never been a big fan of sticking my head into a helmet that had someone else's sweaty noggin in it.

Check all the fluids and air pressure of your tires, there will be air hoses there, but you may want to bring a tire pressure guage.

If you've never been on a track, you're in for a BIG surprise no matter how hard you've driven on the street, it doesn't even compare to the track, be ready to shave off a bunch of tread from your tires, and use up a good portion of your brake pads (Since I've read you drive pretty hard), and plan on getting your oil changed when you get back home.

You also may want to bring some painters tape to tape off your headlights, and cover up some leading edges, some people go crazy with this, but just a suggestion.

And if you really want to get a kick, me and a couple of other guys will be there to give you rides in Radicals and that's a whole different animal.

I'm really looking forward to this, it's going to be a BLAST ! You guys are going to get hooked and want more track time!

Cyrus
Old 01-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212

Hehe, hey girl. Do you need lessons?
Old 01-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Not Sure, but I'll find out for you.

There's always people there that know the track well and can take you around to show you the line, etc. It's going to be a pretty informal gathering.

Cyrus

I usually like to ride as a passenger and then follow the leader for a few. Then I go and try on my own. Either way, it will take some track time to learn it. all in fun. Thanks for setting it up. Didn't know there was a Motorsports Country Club. Can you either provide us info in joining or do we need to wait? I would consider joining before I go, just because of the concept.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by jangy
I usually like to ride as a passenger and then follow the leader for a few. Then I go and try on my own. Either way, it will take some track time to learn it. all in fun. Thanks for setting it up. Didn't know there was a Motorsports Country Club. Can you either provide us info in joining or do we need to wait? I would consider joining before I go, just because of the concept.
www.ClubSpringMountain.com

It's being built right now, it will have condos, spa, pool, it's going to be pretty cool.

Cyrus
Old 01-25-2007, 11:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212

It's being built right now, it will have condos, spa, pool, it's going to be pretty cool.

Cyrus
Is it like a timeshare, then? I'll check out the site. thanks.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline

Cyrus
looks cool, i cant wait, thanks for the invite Cyrus
Old 01-26-2007, 09:47 PM

08 E63
Hehe, hey girl. Do you need lessons?
I was waiting for you to chime in Have not had as much track time as I like so I like to play it safe. Don't worry that does not mean I can't drive or am afraid to push it

Can you count me in with a possible passenger?

Last edited by ShelleE55; 01-26-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I was waiting for you to chime in Have not had as much track time as I like so I like to play it safe. Don't worry that does not mean I can't drive or am afraid to push it

Can you count me in with a possible passenger?
I'm just messing with you. I really do think that riding along with someone and having them talk you through their routine will help as will following another person to get your coordinates straight for brake points, and lines.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:32 AM
Banned

F248 F1
Hey Cy...can you add my friend... he has an 02 SS ....hmm he will need an instructor ...since he thinks my lines are 'sucidal like sennas'(he blames his lines for dying) ...anyways hes never been at the track so an instructor would be a plus for him
Old 01-28-2007, 02:15 PM

08 E63
I'm just messing with you. I really do think that riding along with someone and having them talk you through their routine will help as will following another person to get your coordinates straight for brake points, and lines.
I was joking as well. I also knew none of you guys would ask so I was just doing my job as the female in the group

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18