Sponsored by:

Low voltage command shut down = :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 05:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05E55
Originally Posted by stevebez
I mostly drive the car on the weekends and almost every time on startup I get the message convenience functions temporarily disabled - 5 mins later after driving all is fine.

Is this normal. Sometime I have drives of an hour or so on highway - surely this is enuf to get the battery (both) to full capacity?

For a $90k car it is not ok. My car was at the dealer on Thursday of last week they checked everything and it seemed to be ok. So they replaced the battery. Saturday morning I start the car get on the highway and get "the message" plus a Visit Workshop message. I drove the car for 20 miles without any conv functions. The dealer was closed so I had to wait until this morning. Cranked slow this morning, got on the road and it limped to the dealer with the dreaded Visit message.

Sorry, but for a $90k+ car to have this many issues for the same problem is just not right. My service guy just called me a stated it was the voltage regulator. I asked why that wasn't diagnosed on Thursday? He said it was fine on Thursday...no idea. Oh by the way the part is coming from the east coast and will be here Thursday. Great! 4 more days in a C240. I'm starting to feel like I'm paying way too much for a 55 oops I meant C240.

I think I smell a distinct citrus smell. The sad thing is I love the car (when it runs right) and really do not want anything else.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55
I am starting to wonder how much this car draws when it is locked up and parked. I keep my CTEK charger on 24/7 since I don't drive it much yet and since I go in and out of the garage quite a bit I notice the charger is topping the battery off frequesntly. Now I wonder if my SAM is going bad !!
Old 04-02-2007, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
Originally Posted by vader
I am starting to wonder how much this car draws when it is locked up and parked. I keep my CTEK charger on 24/7 since I don't drive it much yet and since I go in and out of the garage quite a bit I notice the charger is topping the battery off frequesntly. Now I wonder if my SAM is going bad !!
That's normal for the CTEK. It does it on mine after it reaches full charge.
Back and forth between green and orange lights about every 15 min.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:21 PM
dsc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by vader
My car died in the garage after about 5 days of no use. Mercedes came out and replaced the battery for free because it was15 months old. They told me the car would last about 2 week before the battery would die if stored unused. If I don't use my car for a week I keep the trickle charger on it.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55
Originally Posted by starbrite
That's normal for the CTEK. It does it on mine after it reaches full charge.
Back and forth between green and orange lights about every 15 min.
You like that CTEK huh !!! I am going to get the permanent mount leads for it so I dont have to use the alligator clips. 2 weeks and dead is crazy.