Renntech or Kleemann

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
...........I am not recomending that people neccessarily go get larger pulleys. For those that want it, I don't think that Renntech's soon to be released larger pulley will contain an anti supercharger clutch slippage magic juice. The annoited tuners either think that these larger pulleys are bad and don't offer it, or concede that the non-annoited tuners were right and copy them. This apparently is what Renntech is doing. If you want larger pulleys, they are already available and used successfully by many. At $800, the ASP pulley as mentioned is the biggest bang for the buck in mercedes benz tunning and no one that I know that has it has had any issues.

Ted
Does ASP have a website?
Old 01-30-2007, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by Vadim @ MBLN
There is a reason why most tuners keep the crank pulley similarly sized.

Going larger, like ASP (Hennessey), leads to kompressor clutch slippage over period of time.

Tuners already know it. If you are running ASP you will find out.
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&highlight=asp
Vadim,
Is this what you are referring to? If you read the above thread, Stevebez mentions that he experienced non-linear acceleration. A pause before the supercharge kicks in? could this be from kompressor clutch slippage. Anyone else experience this?
Old 01-30-2007, 04:22 PM

Bentley Flying Spur, CL550
Originally Posted by MB_Steve
Does ASP have a website?
www.aspracing.com. This company sells them too: http://www.k1motorsport.com/mb/engine.htm
Old 01-30-2007, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by JodyE55Rocket
I have ASP pulley and will be putting on my kleeman Headers w/downpipes. The ASP is a miracle worker for 800 bucks, I have not seen any other cheeper HP gain in these cars. I gained 30 RWHP just by a pulley, not including the ECU, if the clutches start acting up, then i will just take it in for replacement.
Is this the pulley mentioned in the other thread that you didn't pay K1 for?
Old 01-30-2007, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by Blake P
bro your like a lil girl runnin aroud spreadin rumors you **** should be baned.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:23 PM

Bentley Flying Spur, CL550
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
bro your like a lil girl runnin aroud spreadin rumors you **** should be baned.
+1. Thats so lame; going around tattling(sp?) on a member about something we don't even know is true or not
Old 01-30-2007, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Blake P
It's ok guys...

Blake- I will keep it civilized..., let me ask you a question- 1. How do you know this? 2. How do you figure I would have received my pulley if i had not paid for it? 3. Get the fact straight before you start saying things that are not true.

and for the thread-

Steve I personally like kleeman, I think renntech is just a bit conservative with their numbers so they tend not to push the V8 cars. I am installing my Kleeman headers this weekend probably sunday will drop it off. Can't wait to try it out.

Last edited by V12Godspeed; 01-30-2007 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:32 PM

2006 E55
I just received the ASP pulley kit. I currently have the Kleeman pulley and was not impressed for the money paid. I will dyno it this week (at Harman Motive) for a baseline then install the ASP and redyno. I intend on having a Superchips flash and the tune A/F on the dyno at Harman.

Lets see what the difference really is. Their dyno is conservative but real world. When stock my SRT8 made 338hp at their (dynojet) but spits out 359 at XS Engineering 4 wheel dyno.

http://harmanmotive.com/Gallery/Video/e55/index.html

Last edited by sgtstanko; 02-02-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by sgtstanko
I just received the ASP pulley kit. I currently have the Kleeman pulley and was not impressed for the money paid. I will dyno it this week (at Harman Motive) for a baseline then install the ASP and redyno. I intend on having a Superchips flash and the tune A/F on the dyno at Harman.

Lets see what the difference really is. Their dyno is conservative but real world. When stock my SRT8 made 338hp at their (dynojet) but spits out 359 at XS Engineering 4 wheel dyno.

http://harmanmotive.com/Gallery/Video/e55/index.html
...........I already did this. The difference between a K2 and a K2 replaced with a Hennessey/ASP pulley is 25WHP. Here is the link.

Ted
Old 02-03-2007, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
...........I already did this. The difference between a K2 and a K2 replaced with a Hennessey/ASP pulley is 25WHP. Here is the link.

Ted
25rwhp?
Old 02-03-2007, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by MB_Steve
25rwhp?

.........what is the question? K2c is Henessey pulley plus Kleemann ECU dynoed at 460WHP. K2a is Kleeman pulley plus Kleemann ECU dynoed at 435WHP. Same dyno machine, same operator. 460-425=25. I did this a year ago and posted the results. At the time no one took notice because everyone was busy bad muthing Hennessey for their large pulley. Now everyone wants one.

Ted
Old 02-03-2007, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55

Ted
Am I reading a 20 degree temperature differential between tests. It was a 103 degees when you did you first run with the Kleeman pulley. That must account for a loss in hp vs the other runs.

I have seen a 10hp differential with no change in mods and only a 10 degreee change in temperature..

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/156298-renntech-stage-4-dyno-f-reading.html
Old 02-03-2007, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
...........your point about temp is well taken, but your projection on ammount of HP difference with temp is a too high. I believe in numbers measured on paper without regard to conditions, because so much tuner bs gets sold to the public by factoring things such as the position of the moon as it relates to boost etc. By your projection, one need not mode their car at all. You can gain 80WHP and go from 500HP car to a 600HP car by moving from Phoenix to Maine. Those parameters on the dyno were typed in by the operator. They were not measured by the machine. It was not 103 degrees in Atlanta in August 2005. The 103 was left over from previous runs not involving my car. I have dynoed my car over 50 times. The results are consistent. But forget about that.......wouldn't the heat soaking, superchrager clutch braking useless larger pulley be expected to give less HP than a pulley from one of the anoited vendors? Why is there even any HP gain?

.........here is a baseline dyno, Kleemann K2 and Kleemann K2 with Hennessey pulley. Same ambient conditions the way you like it. Notice an even bigger difference in Hp btween the K2 vs K2 with Hennessey pulley. Baeline dyno 392WHP, Kleemann K2 420WHP, Heneesey plus K2 457WHP. Temps were 83 degrees for the Kleemann K2 and 82 degrees for the Kleemann K2 plus Hennessey pulley. There really isn't a debate. If you stamped a Renntech logo on the Hennessey pulley, we won't even be having this conversation.

Ted
Attached Thumbnails Renntech or Kleemann-larger-pulley.jpg  

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 02-03-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:09 PM

2006 E55
Ted,
Your a man I can agree with 100%!!! The dyno dont lie!! It looks like you have done all the work I was about to do. Just out of curiosity, since Harmanmotive is going to have it for the pulley swap, I'll do some pulls anyway.

I have to agree about these plug and play ECU flashes from Kleeman and Renntech.......talk about fleecing the sheep for what you get! Whats up with these so called (shorty) headers for 5K??? Even Evosport has to be laughing every time they ring up those shorties at $2,999 . Seriously how much material and labor is involved in making these shorty headers??? Its a good thing they are not competing with their American counterparts. You can have stainless steel tuned long tubes with high flow cats for $1,200-$1,500 all day long. These euro vendors are ridiculous .

The Daimler Chrysler SRT8 vehicles share alot of the same parts like the AMG transmission. Try to buy a superior material aftermarket stall converter for an E55 for $650 like you can for a Jeep or Charger!!! Stamp Renntech/Kleeman or Evo on the outside of it and you have a $3,650 part!

GO VRUS!!!

Last edited by sgtstanko; 02-04-2007 at 09:21 PM.