RennTech ELM for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
RennTech ELM for sale

Make me offers folks. I've had it for about 5 months and it has the extended knobs on it. Please PM me.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w211 e55 AMG
why selling it
Old 02-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by ewuwu ///AMG
why selling it
Name brand.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:54 AM
DKM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 G63, 2021 RS6, 2021 Ducati Panigale SP, 2022 Ford F450
saw that one coming...sorry to hear about your bad experience.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:35 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by jangy
Name brand.
LMAO! Your funny.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:40 AM

w211 e55 AMG
Originally Posted by DKM
saw that one coming...sorry to hear about your bad experience.
hmm......
Old 02-02-2007, 02:42 AM
Banned

AMGs
Make me offers folks. I've had it for about 5 months and it has the extended knobs on it. Please PM me.
What's the deal Jangster? Why r u selling it?
Old 02-02-2007, 02:45 AM

to spite renntech
Old 02-02-2007, 03:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline

i would do the same

although its arguably the best lowering module on the market

renntech
Old 02-02-2007, 04:38 AM

AMGs
PM sent sir...
Old 02-02-2007, 05:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You are doing what?!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
Jangy: Sent you a PM...
Old 02-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Considering I talked a good ten of you on this board to buy it, yes it is the best out right now. That doesn't mean that I'll compromise my integrity just to have it. They treat me like ****, I move on.

By the way, just to be clear. They are willing to do the bare bones minimal that they must to "fix" their issues. They have just disrespected me.

To the rest of the SDCrew that are pretending to be surprised. YOU CHOSE THIS. If we go stock, why would I keep RennTech parts on my car?
Old 02-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Thanks for all the PMs. Most were for reassurance that their own ELMs were safe to use and they are. The RennTech product is top notch. I just hope you never need their help for anything because the phone can't be hung up any faster in your face.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Name brand.
Wow- you know they have the best module out there. I dont know if I would sacrifice that much personally but to each their own. What you have done with this post is actually got more positive publicity for Renntech in regards to their module cause you know its the best (arguably as mentioned before).
Old 02-02-2007, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
No offense Jangy but I find this rather odd. Seems to me you are going overboard here. You have been looking for someone to give you deep dicounts on all kinds of things with the promise of all your future business. You settle on Renntech for engine mods, you have a pulley installed by someone and unfortunately it was not done correctly...what do you WANT from Renntech ? Free lifetime upgrades ? I think if we took a poll here you would find no one else had their balancer bolt fall out. Can't see the need to try and dog Renntech. Do you expect them to take responsibility for a problem they did not create ?
Old 02-02-2007, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 SL55
I see your point but I see Jangy's too.

He spent a lot of money on Renntech parts and the glitch he experienced was significant, not trivial. If I were in his situation, I'd want Renntech to communicate with the installer and me and commit that if their part was at fault, they'd resolve the problem. I don't think he's looking for lifetime support or free upgrades, just engagement and commitment.

They didn't step up so Jangy is "firing" them.

Originally Posted by vader
No offense Jangy but I find this rather odd. Seems to me you are going overboard here. You have been looking for someone to give you deep dicounts on all kinds of things with the promise of all your future business. You settle on Renntech for engine mods, you have a pulley installed by someone and unfortunately it was not done correctly...what do you WANT from Renntech ? Free lifetime upgrades ? I think if we took a poll here you would find no one else had their balancer bolt fall out. Can't see the need to try and dog Renntech. Do you expect them to take responsibility for a problem they did not create ?

Last edited by jmf003; 02-02-2007 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Fix grammar error
Old 02-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Vic55
Wow- you know they have the best module out there. I dont know if I would sacrifice that much personally but to each their own. What you have done with this post is actually got more positive publicity for Renntech in regards to their module cause you know its the best (arguably as mentioned before).

My intention isn't to take RennTech down. Read my own posts. They say that I believe the RennTech product to be the best. I always thought that and I even carried their flag for them for quite some bit. This is purely me cutting off my nose to spite my face. RennTech makes great products and there is a huge and ever growing market here for them. They will be just fine. I simply did not like their treatment of me and my crew, so I choose to walk away. My loss, indeed.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by vader
I have different expectations from RennTech than to simply supply parts. Actually, my promise of "future" business is not correct. It has been steady business up until now, and no I do not expect a thing further from RennTech.
You clearly do not have the same expectations I do from a tuner, so lets just leave it at that.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by jmf003

He spent a lot of money on Renntech parts and the glitch he experienced was significant, not trivial. If I were in his situation, I'd want Renntech to communicate with the installer and me and commit that if their part was at fault, they'd resolve the problem. I don't think he's looking for lifetime support or free upgrades, just engagement and commitment.

Precisely. All I wanted was a feel good hug to show that they appreciated the $16 that I SET UP on that single day. That doesn't include ALL the sales I sent their way. Instead, here I sit a week later with no car and no clue as to how they are planning to address the ECU. Maybe I should give them my car to use as a test mule until they figure it out? How about throwing my first born in as well?
Old 02-02-2007, 11:28 AM

08 E63
Originally Posted by jmf003

I think the jury is still out on whether it was Renntech's fault. On the first post of the failure I think Vadim pointed out two potential issues with the installation one of which was reuse of the stress bolt. In James's email he stated they reused the bolt???? I think them flying out from Florida with in the same week of the problem shows that now they realize they need to provide some customer service.

It is unfortunate what happened and nobody likes to be treated like they s*** especially when they drop some coin.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by ShelleE55
I think the jury is still out on whether it was Renntech's fault. On the first post of the failure I think Vadim pointed out two potential issues with the installation one of which was reuse of the stress bolt. In James's email he stated they reused the bolt???? I think them flying out from Florida with in the same week of the problem shows that now they realize they need to provide some customer service.

It is unfortunate what happened and nobody likes to be treated like they s*** especially when they drop some coin.
They are only flying out from AZ. Harmut could care less.
There is no jury out. Creative and RennTech have their own deal. I hold both accountable. You all can try to split the blame, but that isn't how it works. I did not buy the Pulley from RennTech. Why would RennTech not allow me to install their pulley on other people's cars and still accept arranty? Because i am not a qualified installer of theirs. If (and they did) they chose to set Creative loose and something went wrong, the deal they have is accountable.

jeeez.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:31 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Jangy,

I've read all the posts on all the threads and I guess, at least from my perspective, is that you keep throwing Renntech under the bus. I've been disappointed with customer service in the past and have voiced my opinion but the more you complain, the more credibility you lose. You seem to be a very "positive" member of this board and have somewhat of a fan following. If it were me, I would just deflect any more talk about this issue and let the chips fall where they may. That's what's so great about a free market economy. It's very Darwinian. Only the strong will survive. If a company continually provides sub-standard product and/or sub-standard customer service, they will become extinct. You don't need to fan the fire.

By the way, I'm a fan.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

They treat me like ****, I move on.

To the rest of the SDCrew that are pretending to be surprised. YOU CHOSE THIS. If we go stock, why would I keep RennTech parts on my car?
Not really surprised about the other things but just surprised that the ELM would play a part in it. If they treat you like **** then yeah, that might be reason to be pissed off. If Renntech doesn't even want to listen for one second then yeah I'd be pissed off too. That comes off as a little arrogant to me when they don't even want to hear you out.

I have a good idea of what their take on this whole thing is. Fault of installer and not their problem. Okay, possibility is there and might even be seemingly obivous. But then what do they have to say about the botched ECU flashes? I hope they're doing something about that.

In any case, Arjang, unless something has changed since we last talked just let things play itself out before you take any crazy drastic action for the sake of all parties. You know we've got your back and I know you're frustrated as hell but unless there is justifiable cause just save your energy for when you really need it. Let's hope it doesn't get to that point but you never know just like we never knew this whole ordeal would even happen.

Last edited by sdsilverm3; 02-02-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:24 PM

07 E63,03 c4s,01 tahoe, 00 RL
Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
Not really surprised about the other things but just surprised that the ELM would play a part in it. If they treat you like **** then yeah, that might be reason to be pissed off. If Renntech doesn't even want to listen for one second then yeah I'd be pissed off too. That comes off as a little arrogant to me when they don't even want to hear you out.

I have a good idea of what their take on this whole thing is. Fault of installer and not their problem. Okay, possibility is there and might even be seemingly obivous. But then what do they have to say about the botched ECU flashes? I hope they're doing something about that.

In any case, Arjang, unless something has changed since we last talked just let things play itself out before you take any crazy drastic action for the sake of all parties. You know we've got your back and I know you're frustrated as hell but unless there is justifiable cause just save your energy for when you really need it. Let's hope it doesn't get to that point but you never know just like we never knew this whole ordeal would even happen.

+1, time will tell if all parties agree to focus on the solution, not the problem.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RennTech ELM for sale