SRS Malfunction Message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
SRS Malfunction Message

Fired the beast up this weekend only to be greeted by a "SRS Malfunction - Please drive to service facility" message. Thanks, I want my airbag working if the need arises.

Car is in the shop today and is ready to be picked up. I'll be interested to see what the cause of a random glitch was - since the car is only a year old with about 12K miles on it. FWIW, car drove and operated normally while the red SRS indicator warning light on the dash remained illuminated.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
My guess is that it is the sensor by the driver seat belt. let us know. What year is the car? This was a common issue back in '04/'05. Basically the connection gets loose.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
I had the same problem a few months back. It turned out to be the sensor.
A very special SLR tech fixed it for me.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by BENZGal
He ain't special. He's just an SLR tech!! Gald to see you on here, girl!!
Old 02-06-2007, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
He is a smarty pants, but none the less a good tech. I had to leave him a six pack of beer in the back seat to make him happy. He works for beer.

Good to see you on here Jangster. Miss you guys. I think I am heading down your way this Friday for that run?

That damn airbag issue is very common.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
He is a smarty pants, but none the less a good tech. I had to leave him a six pack of beer in the back seat to make him happy. He works for beer.

Good to see you on here Jangster. Miss you guys. I think I am heading down your way this Friday for that run?

That damn airbag issue is very common.
Not to hijack this thread, but my car is down and won't be back by friday. I am going full bore ahead. All RennTech should be installed in a week or so, even with my **** inspections at each step!!
Old 02-06-2007, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Dealer pulled a P2075-002 fault code and replaced the airbag wiring harness to the steering column module. Always makes me nervous when the repair ticket says "suspect" and "repairs checks OK at this time." Basically means they made an educated guess and the repair worked - so far.

My car is a '05 and if I get the SRS light again, I'll suggest the sensor by the seat belt. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by kompressed55
Dealer pulled a P2075-002 fault code and replaced the airbag wiring harness to the steering column module. Always makes me nervous when the repair ticket says "suspect" and "repairs checks OK at this time." Basically means they made an educated guess and the repair worked - so far.

My car is a '05 and if I get the SRS light again, I'll suggest the sensor by the seat belt. Thanks for the feedback.
happened to me 3x since i got the car an '06 since march. make sure ur steering wheel is on straight, mine wasn't they tried to tell me it was an alignment issue when i noticed.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by kompressed55

I have had the issue 3 times. First time it was a relay in the steering column, second time it was a wiring harness, and the third time it was another component. Don't remember which one it was that time. By then it was routine to me.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'01 E55
Yeah, mhmmm. See what happens when you bring it to me??? Fixed right in one day.

Now you go to SB and have them attempt to fix your battery...what is it?? 7 times now?? j/k
Old 02-07-2007, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'01 E55
Originally Posted by can drive 55
I have had the issue 3 times. First time it was a relay in the steering column, second time it was a wiring harness, and the third time it was another component. Don't remember which one it was that time. By then it was routine to me.
First time techs were replacing the steering angle sensor itself. By the second time Benz released a DTB regarding the issue and it revealed that it was a wiring issue...not a sensor issue. Third time....who knows.