Sponsored by:

Any Indianapolis E55 owners on here??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 05:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 JDM
Any Indianapolis E55 owners on here??

I just got my E55 a few months ago and I am trying to figure out who all is from Indianapolis (or surrounding area) on this forum. I did a search and came up with just a few so I figured this would be the best way to find the active members.

I am just looking for a good tech. around here and a the closest place to get Performance mods done (i.e. Renntech, Kleeman, EVO).

Once the weather turns nice here (there is over a foot of snow on the ground now) I think it would be a blast to organize a meet like several of you from the east coast or west coast do. I just hope we have enough people in the Indianapolis area to have a good gathering.

This is my first post, but I have been on here alot lately absorbing all this good information.

Thanks.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 E55
Hey, I just moved to Indianapolis about 8 months ago. I'm shipping my car out here next month.

I haven't found any good performance shops, but I also haven't really looked.

Gid_E_Up has a stage 5 (I think) Kleemann E55. He used to post here alot, but not so much anymore. He said World Wide Motors was a good dealer to have service done at.

I have a 2004 E55. I did the Renntech chip and pulley on it.

I haven't done much else in terms of engine work, but more on just gadgets from MBenzNL.

I'd be interested in meeting up too with other fellow E55 owners.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 MB E55 AMG, 2006 Audi A6 4.2, 2008 WRX STI
I dont live in Indianapolis but i live pretty close..(West Lafayette ..about 45mins away) I go to Indy often but i too had the same problem of finding reputable shops...I always take it to my guy in Chicago for mods..( 2hrs away from my location) We should have a meeting during spring or somethin~

P.S: any dealer you recommend? anywhere that they know what they are doing since the MB dealer in my town cant even find a problem when my supercharger was not engaging...im tired of taking my car to Chicago for service... How is Tom Wood MB in Keystone area?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 JDM
Ok guys sounds good! I wish spring was here now.... snow sucks. Hopefully we will get some more responses.

World Wide Motors is the shop that you are referring to, AMG Rider. They are located on 96th Street (Keystone area) and have another location Downtown. Tom Wood has a Lexus dealership and some others just down the street, but the MB dealership isn't his.

I have taken my car to the 96th Street dealership for one of the scheduled maintenances. I told them I didn't want the ECU re-flash (due to my readings on this forum) and the service consultant hadn't heard anything about it. I told him to check with his Manager. The service manager said they have had similar request before and agreed not to do it. That is my only experience with them thus far. My only complaint would be that they would have ran the car through their on-site carwash if I wouldn't have lucked out and caught them when it was in line. I say complaint because I had just spent the weekend before completely detailing the car. Their 2minute wash would've just left water spots all over my recently detailed car. But that is minor and has nothing to do with what really matters: The mechanical stuff.

AMG Rider: I am a Purdue grad so I've spent some years in W. Lafayette. What Chicago shops would you recommend for Mods?
Old 02-14-2007, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 MB E55 AMG, 2006 Audi A6 4.2, 2008 WRX STI
Originally Posted by J 2OOI
Ok guys sounds good! I wish spring was here now.... snow sucks. Hopefully we will get some more responses.

World Wide Motors is the shop that you are referring to, AMG Rider. They are located on 96th Street (Keystone area) and have another location Downtown. Tom Wood has a Lexus dealership and some others just down the street, but the MB dealership isn't his.

I have taken my car to the 96th Street dealership for one of the scheduled maintenances. I told them I didn't want the ECU re-flash (due to my readings on this forum) and the service consultant hadn't heard anything about it. I told him to check with his Manager. The service manager said they have had similar request before and agreed not to do it. That is my only experience with them thus far. My only complaint would be that they would have ran the car through their on-site carwash if I wouldn't have lucked out and caught them when it was in line. I say complaint because I had just spent the weekend before completely detailing the car. Their 2minute wash would've just left water spots all over my recently detailed car. But that is minor and has nothing to do with what really matters: The mechanical stuff.

AMG Rider: I am a Purdue grad so I've spent some years in W. Lafayette. What Chicago shops would you recommend for Mods?

Thanx for the info on dealership..i go to Purdue..its my third year...I will be transferring to Boston next semester though..anywayz, the shop i recommend is called Chicago Performance and Tuning in Melrose Park, IL. Its about 15mins away from downtown Chicago..Al is a top notch there...So just tell him Joon recommended when you get a chance to speak to him.. They install for many of our forum members...I had my Kleemann K2 installed there and no problems at all~ My car is actually there getting some other mods done...I know its pain to drive all the over there but its definately worth it plus Al is the only guy that i trust with my car~~

Their website is www.gocpt.com Good luck~