Sponsored by:

Group Buy on a Reus System?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
HOW much Power does will this system make ???
Old 04-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by mprsev
I believe I am sold on Reus and will be sending in my deposit but I am still torn between the 2 10" box enclosure versus the stealth setup that gE63 got, especially since the 63 has the folding rear seat. Any recommendations? How much trunk space does the box setup take?
If you have folding seats and use them, then consider the wheel setup. If not, then definitely the box. my box takes a good portion of the rear trunk (the part that is squeezed between the wheel wells), but the sound is much better. I would have likely gone with the wheel setup, if i had folding seats, though.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
HOW much Power does will this system make ???

The Reus system isn't about stats and such. it is literally a system and the end product "speaks" for itself. That said, i think it adds in the 500 - 600 watt range.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Kevin M.
Rick Reus is the master when it comes stereo systems. I've been to his shop, he custom makes the amps, speakers and everything. My friend had his system done in his Lambo, a group buy won't happen with him, he doesn't need the business that bad.
I agree with you on Reus being the best. Rick is extremely knowledgable and Cliff is as well. Cliff's experience with MBs in general and helpful attitude sealed the deal for me.

Rick never agreed to this GB out of need for business. He agreed to it based on our enthusiasm and I am thankful for that.

By the way, I never got an answer to your comments? Now that the GB happenned, you gonna eat those words or what?
Old 04-11-2007, 09:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2024 G63, 2021 X7M50i
Originally Posted by jangy
If you have folding seats and use them, then consider the wheel setup. If not, then definitely the box. my box takes a good portion of the rear trunk (the part that is squeezed between the wheel wells), but the sound is much better. I would have likely gone with the wheel setup, if i had folding seats, though.
So you would have gone with the wheel setup if you had folding seats? Is the bass noticeably more with the box? I have had numerous cars with no trunk due to obnoxiously large speaker boxes so I do not want the same for this car. Need room for them golf bags.

gE63 said his setup produced enough bass to rattle things in his car.

Box or pure stealth?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:29 PM

2024 G63, 2021 X7M50i
Thanks Jangy for pulling this GB together. I called Reus today and sent in my deposit. Now the hardest part, waiting.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
So you would have gone with the wheel setup if you had folding seats? Is the bass noticeably more with the box? I have had numerous cars with no trunk due to obnoxiously large speaker boxes so I do not want the same for this car. Need room for them golf bags.

gE63 said his setup produced enough bass to rattle things in his car.

Box or pure stealth?
It's not as good as the box. But it still kicks ***. If you want a stealth system then go with my setup. If you want the ultimate kick *** system then go with the truck mounted box.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:16 AM

07 E63,03 c4s,01 tahoe, 00 RL
I decided to go w/ the box and I have the pass thru, I don't intend to lock myself in the trunk and my car will never see snow, so no skis, no pass thru.

I like my system, super happy,way better sound than stock by far and Reus systems are quality,just look at the high end autos they do and how they fly their own techs around the country for installs and removals.

to Cliff and Rick.....tx for my systems.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:31 AM

2024 G63, 2021 X7M50i
Originally Posted by 03c4s
I decided to go w/ the box and I have the pass thru, I don't intend to lock myself in the trunk and my car will never see snow, so no skis, no pass thru.

I like my system, super happy,way better sound than stock by far and Reus systems are quality,just look at the high end autos they do and how they fly their own techs around the country for installs and removals.

to Cliff and Rick.....tx for my systems.
I too went with the box setup and will lose the fold down seat functionality. But I am now waiting for my car to arrive so that I can get my system installed, so now the wait.

So please tell me how is it? Is the difference as noticeable as everyone writes? Does it surpass all car audio systems?

Just hearing that the system is that good will make the wait a little more bearable as it wil probably be over a month before I can get my system installed.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:10 AM

2007-E350
im really interested but i would like to hear the system b4 i lay my deposit down. I'm really picky when it come's to my sounds. if i can hear the system and i am happy with the results then i will call reus right there on the spot with my amex in hand.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MR_560SEC
im really interested but i would like to hear the system b4 i lay my deposit down. I'm really picky when it come's to my sounds. if i can hear the system and i am happy with the results then i will call reus right there on the spot with my amex in hand.
Contact Cliff at Reus and see if they can setup a demo for you. You would be welcome to listen to mine if you end up in San Diego.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:36 PM

2007-E350
Thx for the offer but i don' think i would be in the san diego area. it would be closer if i just go to anaheim. i was hoping that someone would be in la or sf valley that i can check it out.

i was wondering how loud the system is compared to the factory setup and how clear is it? also is there any distortion. i would like to know from a scale of 1-10 what would rate the system.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:02 AM

07 E63,03 c4s,01 tahoe, 00 RL
I too went with the box setup and will lose the fold down seat functionality. But I am now waiting for my car to arrive so that I can get my system installed, so now the wait.

So please tell me how is it? Is the difference as noticeable as everyone writes? Does it surpass all car audio systems?

Just hearing that the system is that good will make the wait a little more bearable as it wil probably be over a month before I can get my system installed.
IMO the sound is way above oem, it's crisper and cleaner, and doesn't have the distortion when you crank it. I'm now listening to CDs rather than news radio, because I love the sound and the added bass. gE63 also has the system and he's in OC, you might want to pm him to listen to his system.
He was the first and the reason why Jangy and I got the system.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by 03c4s
IMO the sound is way above oem, it's crisper and cleaner, and doesn't have the distortion when you crank it.
I concur. I heard it in Jangy's car and was thoroughly impressed. From Lionel to Mariah, it sounded awesome!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
If anyone is still getting in but has NOT paid a deposit, PM me for info. I have ONE slot left that I commited to and want to honor my deal to Reus.