Sponsored by:

E63 need ricing info help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG
E63 need pricing info help

I ordered a E63 wagon from my local dealer (Smythe, San Jose). The sales mgr gave me the impression that there is no negotiation on these cars, so we agreed on MSRP. The car will arrive at the end of this month.

So is there anyway discount when ordering these cars, and if so, how much off MSRP could I expect? Is it too late to negotiate at this point?

Thanks,
Baron

Last edited by baron; 02-15-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:20 AM

Check these auctions on ebay...up to 7,000 off msrp ....
http://motors.search.ebay.com/e63_Me...Z1QQsofocusZbs
Old 02-15-2007, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Need "ricing" help?

First, start with a giant rear wing bolted to the trunk lid. Next, add 5" polished stainless steel muffler tips to peek out the rear of your car. Then, consider a nice colored neon lighting package for undercar illumination. Beyond these basic steps, the possibilities are endless.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
Originally Posted by kompressed55
First, start with a giant rear wing bolted to the trunk lid. Next, add 5" polished stainless steel muffler tips to peek out the rear of your car. Then, consider a nice colored neon lighting package for undercar illumination. Beyond these basic steps, the possibilities are endless.

My thoughts exactly.

Seriously though, you should never have to pay MSRP.
You can negotiate a lot better on a car on the lot but that doesn't mean you still can't get a better price.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by baron
I ordered a E63 wagon from my local dealer (Smythe, San Jose). The sales mgr gave me the impression that there is no negotiation on these cars, so we agreed on MSRP. The car will arrive at the end of this month.

So is there anyway discount when ordering these cars, and if so, how much off MSRP could I expect? Is it too late to negotiate at this point?

Thanks,
Baron
The best time to negotiate is when the car is on the lot. Typically, dealers will not want to negotiate on cars that they are not vested in. So, even when it arrives, they may not be as willing to work on it as they would a car that has been sitting. Another thing is that they will trade a car that has sat to another dealership for a newer car and be motivated that way. In your case, they will be willing to negotiate because of the potential for that car to sit. AMG wagons do not sell well, and the potential of that car sitting on his lot may be enough to make him work a deal. You won't get a slamming deal, but can definitely squeeze some off.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:55 AM

old daily driver '07 E63(gone); new dd '14 750xi; 2013 Viper GTS

Thanks,
Baron
Agree with fellow members. Dealers will usaully negotiate a car in their inventory..but ordering a car less so. Did you search inventories of the dealers in you area. Also is time a factor...if not shop around. I got a considerable discount on my E63 sedan. Then again I bought the car in the heart of winter in the northeast when cars like these don't move so fast off the ots.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55

Thanks,
Baron
i wish you would of said something i have a friend there. he would of saved you cash even with the car not being there. but like others have said normaly they dont deal on cars they order or dont have yet.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:41 PM

2015 BMW 640ix GC (Ruby Black)

Thanks,
Baron
Take it from someone who has been agonizing about not getting enough off an E63.

There are a couple of factors here: car on the ground or order (with me it had to be the latter)? Where you shop. I went to some local dealers who basically told me the same thing: "we'll do you a favor and give you $500 off". Some dealers (like politicians) are really great at looking you straight in the eye and lying. Maybe if you press them they'll give you more off and maybe you just have to go to a different dealer.

You also have to ask how far from your home you're willing to shop. When I was buying (back in October) there were several E63s (sedans) on the ground going for $5000-8000 off (or so we were told). But they were quite a distance from me and I, for various reasons, preferred to have the car serviced where I bought it. Many people have experienced no problem doing everything by phone and having the car flatbedded to them. It really depends on what you're comfortable with. Actually, when I was purchasing I was contacted by a member of these boards to act as a broker; basically he would take some of the discount but still get me a hefty number off. I won't give his name here but, even though I didn't end up using his service, he came highly recommended. That might give you a comfort level that's worth some money to you.

Again, I don't know wagons but I've been reminded constantly that $2500 off MSRP for a sedan is easy, if you're willing to travel a little.

As to "can you negotiate now"? Well, I'd look at the order you signed and see if your Deposit would suffice as liquidated damages. For example, if you put $2000 down for MSRP but could get another vehicle for $3000 off or more, it theoretically would pay to just walk away from the first car and give up the $2000; you'd still net $1000. If you want to go through the trouble, that is.

Good Luck.

=NLK=

Last edited by nlk10010; 02-15-2007 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Banned

AMGs

Never pay MSRP for the car, like Jangy said, wait until the car is in their lot and toward the end of the month since they are willing to negotiate. Try to go for at least 7K off MSRP. Good luck.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:36 PM

Mercedes C43 AMG
Thanks for everyone's responses. Seems like the dealer where I ordered the car from wouldn't budge. I will negotiate and threaten to cancel. Afterall, I have have a $1k refundable deposit. It is also good idea to check other dealers, although it may be hard to find the color combo and wagon I am looking for.

THanks,
Baron
Old 02-15-2007, 02:59 PM

Thanks for everyone's responses. Seems like the dealer where I ordered the car from wouldn't budge. I will negotiate and threaten to cancel. Afterall, I have have a $1k refundable deposit. It is also good idea to check other dealers, although it may be hard to find the color combo and wagon I am looking for.

THanks,
Baron
what color are you looking for
Old 02-15-2007, 03:17 PM

Mercedes C43 AMG
Thanks, at first I had no idea what you were talking about
Old 02-15-2007, 03:17 PM

Mercedes C43 AMG
Originally Posted by dhmlr
what color are you looking for
It's jade green
Old 02-15-2007, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Thanks, at first I had no idea what you were talking about
Not fair to edit the title - now you've ruined my joke.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:43 PM

2007 E63, 2015 Tesla, 2013 911S Cab
Smythe is bar far the worst dealership in the bay area to deal with. Lots of wealthy people just come in and buy cars at msrp so why should they discount? Seriously, I bought 2 cars from them and would NEVER, EVER, deal with them again. Their service dept is even worse - ruined 2 rims on my car, scratched the roof of my girlfriends SLK, on and on.

Beshoff in South San Jose is taking tons of business from Smythe because they respect the customer. Ray Beshoff is a great guy. Autobahn is also good to deal with.

Run from Smythe, run!
Old 02-15-2007, 05:19 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
just cancel the order and get your deposit back. the car you ordered will just sit on the lot. come back a month or 2 later and offer them your price on it. haha. but yeah, like some member here have already said, smythe doesn't negiotiate. someone needs to tell them the dotcom era is over.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:51 PM

2006 E55 Black
Better yet, find a used E55... get a faster car for way less money! (put flame suit on...)
Old 02-15-2007, 06:19 PM

07 E63,03 c4s,01 tahoe, 00 RL
I agree 7k is realistic if you're aggressive, in light of the internet, check ebay and notice the dealers discounting cars already.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by 03c4s
I agree 7k is realistic if you're aggressive, in light of the internet, check ebay and notice the dealers discounting cars already.
Agree, check ebay and get the "Dick Dyer" MB experience.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:26 AM

SL55
Originally Posted by nlk10010
Take it from someone who has been agonizing about not getting enough off an E63.

There are a couple of factors here: car on the ground or order (with me it had to be the latter)? Where you shop. I went to some local dealers who basically told me the same thing: "we'll do you a favor and give you $500 off". Some dealers (like politicians) are really great at looking you straight in the eye and lying. Maybe if you press them they'll give you more off and maybe you just have to go to a different dealer.

You also have to ask how far from your home you're willing to shop. When I was buying (back in October) there were several E63s (sedans) on the ground going for $5000-8000 off (or so we were told). But they were quite a distance from me and I, for various reasons, preferred to have the car serviced where I bought it. Many people have experienced no problem doing everything by phone and having the car flatbedded to them. It really depends on what you're comfortable with. Actually, when I was purchasing I was contacted by a member of these boards to act as a broker; basically he would take some of the discount but still get me a hefty number off. I won't give his name here but, even though I didn't end up using his service, he came highly recommended. That might give you a comfort level that's worth some money to you.

Again, I don't know wagons but I've been reminded constantly that $2500 off MSRP for a sedan is easy, if you're willing to travel a little.

As to "can you negotiate now"? Well, I'd look at the order you signed and see if your Deposit would suffice as liquidated damages. For example, if you put $2000 down for MSRP but could get another vehicle for $3000 off or more, it theoretically would pay to just walk away from the first car and give up the $2000; you'd still net $1000. If you want to go through the trouble, that is.

Good Luck.

=NLK=
He is in CA. Deposits are fully refundable by law. Unless you spec the car in puke green with pi$$ yellow seats.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
E63 pricing?

Originally Posted by nyc_srt8
Check these auctions on ebay...up to 7,000 off msrp ....
http://motors.search.ebay.com/e63_Me...Z1QQsofocusZbs
I am researching E63 pricing as well.
I called a couple of dealers around me (with up to 200 miles radius), and some told me "no more than $500 off" while others told me "up to $5,000 off".

It seems like the above e-bay link is the only dealer to sell the E63 up to $8,000 off. I was wondering if any of you knows how they're doing this? Is this just a trick to get people to call or go there, then tell them the car got sold, but we have others (for slightly more)? How does this work?

Eight thousand off MSRP sounds very attractive, but I have a feeling there is a trick or gimmic somewhere...
Old 02-16-2007, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
Originally Posted by 03c4s

$7K is not only realistic, it's standard. $11K is realistic. Cancel your order, get your $1K back, I bet you anything they'll call you within a day to make a deal.
Also, have someone here (like Vadim) search dealer inventories for the color you want and just have the car shipped after negotiation.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:34 PM

2003 E55
Go on a rainy day at the end of the month.....these guys are much more willing to be flexible....works for me everytime.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:08 PM

E63, GT500
Called Mercedes Benz Manhattan and asked if they had an E63 they said no but they could get one...They got one for me in a week and gave me 2% off the price of the car...I thought I was getting a fairly good deal until I read this thread...kinda feel like I got ripped off a little.

JD
Old 02-16-2007, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by Bubbaboy
Called Mercedes Benz Manhattan and asked if they had an E63 they said no but they could get one...They got one for me in a week and gave me 2% off the price of the car...I thought I was getting a fairly good deal until I read this thread...kinda feel like I got ripped off a little.

JD
dont feel that way bro were you happy when you drove home? yes you were with that big smile on your face. i know i had one too. its only money dont worrie about it to much,you will make more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E63 need ricing info help