W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Dallas Regional Service Manager

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2007 | 03:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Dallas Regional Service Manager

Does anyone know who this might be? I am having a recurring service issue that can't be resolved at my local dealer level. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2007 | 03:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by tsmithmd
Does anyone know who this might be? I am having a recurring service issue that can't be resolved at my local dealer level. Thanks.
I wish I knew. Let me know if you find out. Have you thought about asking the service manager at the dealership or sending an email to MBUSA?
Old 03-10-2007 | 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Which dealer?
If it's not Ewing, I can call my guy and inquire.
Old 03-10-2007 | 06:57 PM
Almost a Member!

The car was purchased at Park Place in Dallas but I live east of there in Tyler. We have a local Mercedes dealer who has had 3 tries in the last month to figure out why the check engine light is coming on. They have kept the car for a total of 2 weeks and replaced a thermostat and engine coolant sensor with no solution. I am fed up now and need someone higher up to deal with.
Old 03-10-2007 | 07:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
If you feel you have a concern that is not being handled at the dealership level, send a demand letter to the dealership requesting that you get resolution through MBUSA. You can also send MBUSA a letter, but the response will be slower (but the same).

Understand this. There is a difference between dealership issues and manufacturing issues. If you feel you have a lemon on your hands, then there truly is nothing the dealership will do (unless they know you). You need to realize that they need to stay impartial (at least to perseption). They do not want to build a bad rap with the public as it will affect sales. They must also work with MBUSA on these things, so they can't help you too much. Use them to get your documentation straight and to allow them to repair the "defects" and that is it.
On the other hand, if your concerns are truly dealership related, then you have many paths to resolution. Go straight to MBUSA as they will not allow dealership ignorance. That is why I assume you mean you are having troubles with the car that the dealership isn't handling to your satisfaction. Actually, as long as they are giving you an invoice each time and documenting your concerns fully each time, they are really protecting you as that is exactly what you need to prove lemon law. If they are bullying you by not writing it up, you can either show up at the dealership with your concerns on paper, so it is clear or try a different dealership. Last resort for service department ignorance is aldo your local consumer affairs.
Good luck!
Old 03-12-2007 | 09:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Update: The car is at my local MB dealer who now says the problem is an air intake valve at they will have the part tomorrow. They say this is unrelated to the 2 other check engine lights and that all 3 episodes are unrelated. Common sense tells me that if you have the same issue 3 times in 6 weeks they are probably related. Also discussed with MBUSA who said they would have a technical advisor review the local records and assist as they could. We will see. Hopefully can go more than two weeks without the check engine light coming on.