Sponsored by:

Z06 vs E63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Z06 vs E63

I just traded my 2007 Z06 for a new E63 and I have to express my satisfaction with the trade. The Z06 is a bad to the bone performer. It is a wonderful car with everything that is golden and pride-inspiring about our country and American engineering.

The Z06 expresses American character; it will kick you *** and do so economically. It is not a gentleman, it is John Wayne and it has the guns to prove it. It expresses performance without effete snobbery. It is a car we can be proud of.

The E63 is an older enthusiast's dream; a killer with all the comforts. It is European (I am a genetic mongrel with English, Irish, Scots, German and Swiss blood); it has finesse, smoothness and luxuries that the Z06 never dreamed of. I have driven this car for only 300 miles and I am in love with it. 50% of my genetics is Swiss-German, so I take pride in engineering of the automobile. For a 63 year old man, this is a performance wet dream.

The Z06 is all American; it takes no prisoners and makes no apologies. If you want to duel with sabers, take an E63; if you want to rumble take the Z06.

I am proud of American thunder--the steel and raw killing power of American engineering and assembly. American prowess is affordable. But, now I am old and want the creature comforts while I am breaking the law. The E63 delivers.

When the new CTS-V comes out, it may do the job. It may outrun the E63, but it will do so in the American way. I love my E63.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:46 PM

07 SLK55, 08 R32
Congrats!!!! E63 is an amazing car enjoy it
Old 03-17-2007, 05:54 PM

02ml500sport/maxima06-6speed
thats so wierd i see only old people getn amgs ??? =[ is it an olds man car ???
Old 03-17-2007, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by MikeRPA
if they were as affordable as sti's and evo's you'd see more young people driving them...heck, you might even have one too.

enjoy the new ride cosmic...and dont worry about the caddy, it's got nothing on these amg's!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 06:24 PM
Banned

w210 E55

Like oh...my....gawd! I was like, yeah. I mean, does it come with a AARP card or something?

Sure, just old people. Or maybe just seems that way because most "young people" can't afford them and their maintenance.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:24 PM

old daily driver '07 E63(gone); new dd '14 750xi; 2013 Viper GTS
Originally Posted by Cosmic Benz
I just traded my 2007 Z06 for a new E63 and I have to express my satisfaction with the trade. The Z06 is a bad to the bone performer. It is a wonderful car with everything that is golden and pride-inspiring about our country and American engineering.

The Z06 expresses American character; it will kick you *** and do so economically. It is not a gentleman, it is John Wayne and it has the guns to prove it. It expresses performance without effete snobbery. It is a car we can be proud of.

The E63 is an older enthusiast's dream; a killer with all the comforts. It is European (I am a genetic mongrel with English, Irish, Scots, German and Swiss blood); it has finesse, smoothness and luxuries that the Z06 never dreamed of. I have driven this car for only 300 miles and I am in love with it. 50% of my genetics is Swiss-German, so I take pride in engineering of the automobile. For a 63 year old man, this is a performance wet dream.

The Z06 is all American; it takes no prisoners and makes no apologies. If you want to duel with sabers, take an E63; if you want to rumble take the Z06.

I am proud of American thunder--the steel and raw killing power of American engineering and assembly. American prowess is affordable. But, now I am old and want the creature comforts while I am breaking the law. The E63 delivers.

When the new CTS-V comes out, it may do the job. It may outrun the E63, but it will do so in the American way. I love my E63.
You are going to love the E63..one of the best everyday ,4-door super cars out there. And pretty sporty to!! But comparing it to the Z06 is like apples to oranges. The Z06 is a thinly disguised race car. It was built with that purpose in mind. (They cut out sound deadening material to save a few pounds) But i understand the need to compare. I initially enjoyed comparing it to my Viper. Which car do I want to blast around town over the weekend..easy, the Viper. Which car do I want to drive out to the Hamptons
(120 mile drive) to spend the weekend...E63.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:12 PM

2017 Charger Hellcat
Congrats on the new ride, I'm sure you're going to have a blast with the E.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:23 AM

2006 E55
Congratulations.......and from a 50 year old enthusiast........that is why the SRT8 Jeep is on the chopping block. Raw american power.....but I know what you mean about that 4 door luxury while breaking the law!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:02 AM

E63
Originally Posted by amgdriven
Like oh...my....gawd! I was like, yeah. I mean, does it come with a AARP card or something?

Sure, just old people. Or maybe just seems that way because most "young people" can't afford them and their maintenance.
Old people. The phrase seems a bit pejorative doesn't it. You envision a bunch of old geezers sitting around in rockers mumbling and drooling on their blankets--a situation which is a reality for many of our older citizens.

It takes imagination and application to see them in their 20s--young and vigorous, marching off to Europe to die in legions on the beaches of France or among the bombed out ruins of Berlin.

Now they are in the way; they block our acceleration and fumble for change in the supermarket while we posture and sigh wanting them to hurry up. So what if these 10th generation Americans fought in WW II, or Korea, or Viet Nam or Iraq; as some have inferred, they are just the cannon fodder that has contributed to building a nation where some can come and disrespect them.

The man who looks too old to drive, who is blocking your way on the expressway may have been one of the first on the beach at Normandy. Now he needs protection, support, and empathy from those who are young and robust.

The measure of a man (IMHO) can be found in his treatment of those who are weaker than himself, those who need consideration and even his protection. For some, "old people" are easy targets--punching bags as we saw on TV recently when a mugger punched a 101 year old woman in the face to get her $32.

I am not trying to be critical or argumentative, but I think when referring to fellow members of the forum (I am sure there are many over 50) it might be thoughtful to refer to them with some sensitivity to how the words might make them feel.

I do not need sympathy myself; I will soon be 64, but I weigh 175 (6 ft tall), can still bench 200 lb., just finished publishing a book, have written several articles for learned journals and monographs, and have developed 3 subdivision in the last 2 years. I'm not bragging, I'm just pointing out that "old people" often have more going on than the "young people," whose only claim to ascendancy is the age of their muscle tissue.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:18 AM

OO7 CLS63///G55TANK ///S80-T6///R1///R6
Old people. The phrase seems a bit pejorative doesn't it. You envision a bunch of old geezers sitting around in rockers mumbling and drooling on their blankets--a situation which is a reality for many of our older citizens.

It takes imagination and application to see them in their 20s--young and vigorous, marching off to Europe to die in legions on the beaches of France or among the bombed out ruins of Berlin.

Now they are in the way; they block our acceleration and fumble for change in the supermarket while we posture and sigh wanting them to hurry up. So what if these 10th generation Americans fought in WW II, or Korea, or Viet Nam or Iraq; as some have inferred, they are just the cannon fodder that has contributed to building a nation where some can come and disrespect them.

The man who looks too old to drive, who is blocking your way on the expressway may have been one of the first on the beach at Normandy. Now he needs protection, support, and empathy from those who are young and robust.

The measure of a man (IMHO) can be found in his treatment of those who are weaker than himself, those who need consideration and even his protection. For some, "old people" are easy targets--punching bags as we saw on TV recently when a mugger punched a 101 year old woman in the face to get her $32.

I am not trying to be critical or argumentative, but I think when referring to fellow members of the forum (I am sure there are many over 50) it might be thoughtful to refer to them with some sensitivity to how the words might make them feel.

I do not need sympathy myself; I will soon be 64, but I weigh 175 (6 ft tall), can still bench 200 lb., just finished publishing a book, have written several articles for learned journals and monographs, and have developed 3 subdivision in the last 2 years. I'm not bragging, I'm just pointing out that "old people" often have more going on than the "young people," whose only claim to ascendancy is the age of their muscle tissue.
Right On Cosmic. I'm 25 and I think its flattering to see older/mature/educated people driving an AMG rather than some young uptight snob. Enjoy your 63, I know I enjoy mine...
Old 03-18-2007, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra

Well said and greetings from another from the more mature section of the forum.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:48 AM

E63
Originally Posted by lkirchner
Well said and greetings from another from the more mature section of the forum.
Thanks for your hospitality. Though we both may be "mature," I'd be willing to bet that in your mind and heart you feel like you are 20 and can't fathom what happened; one day you were impatient to be 21 and now you don't know where the time went.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:30 AM

2015 BMW 640ix GC (Ruby Black)
Old people.
-snip-
The measure of a man (IMHO) can be found in his treatment of those who are weaker than himself, those who need consideration and even his protection.
-snip-
While I agree with all of your post I particularly agree with the above snippet, especially if you replace "man" with "nation" or "society" (and "his" with "its", etc. of course). It SHOULD apply in all areas, but unfortunately has been sacrificed in the name of personal freedom and equality.

Hey, I'm PROUD to be 56 and out-of-shape and driving an E63. I've "earned" it. Enjoy yours as well.

=NLK=
Old 03-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Age is just a number, while I am half of his I know quite a few time adjusted individuals who live quite well physically and mentally. I applaud his purchase but I also applaud that he bought a z06.

Congrats Cosmic and welcome!
Old 03-18-2007, 01:09 PM

02ml500sport/maxima06-6speed
lol nuh i didnt mean to affend noone , i personally love benzes , like im a crazy fan lol , but ye it does make sence , older people has more money
Old 03-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Banned

AMGs
Congrats Cosmic for a nice pick.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Cosmic, my friend. The key is to not even take it personal. This is a faceless social scene and people are always going to make remarks which may or may not have even been intended to hurt. It is clear that you continue to enjoy life to the fullest, and that is the best revenge of all!! Age is indeed nothing but a number. Life is the most precious gift of all at any age and to squander it due to perception is flat stupid. Enjoy yourself and do your thing. I'd love to hook up for a ride sometime. I find it almost ironic when we have our meets from time to time, how the various forum personalities truly have a common bond when we come face to face. I'm one of the loosest mouths on here and yet I have a blast at the meets. There is such diversity just within the AMG family. Life would be so boring otherwise.
Last thing, I love your point about the true measure of integrity being when one holds the aces. That is a lesson I learned a while back. It is so easy to get along and cooperate when life is great and all have plenty. But, the tough times is when the real personality steps up!!
Old 03-18-2007, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
congrats on the E63.. very fine car.

(don't worry about the CTS-V [next gen]... by then AMG will have TT's on the E63 w212 motor)

well atleast they better!

The M and AMG boys will never let the V brand outplay them in their own game.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:54 PM

E63
Originally Posted by jangy
Cosmic, my friend. The key is to not even take it personal. This is a faceless social scene and people are always going to make remarks which may or may not have even been intended to hurt. It is clear that you continue to enjoy life to the fullest, and that is the best revenge of all!! Age is indeed nothing but a number. Life is the most precious gift of all at any age and to squander it due to perception is flat stupid. Enjoy yourself and do your thing. I'd love to hook up for a ride sometime. I find it almost ironic when we have our meets from time to time, how the various forum personalities truly have a common bond when we come face to face. I'm one of the loosest mouths on here and yet I have a blast at the meets. There is such diversity just within the AMG family. Life would be so boring otherwise.
Last thing, I love your point about the true measure of integrity being when one holds the aces. That is a lesson I learned a while back. It is so easy to get along and cooperate when life is great and all have plenty. But, the tough times is when the real personality steps up!!
You are right about taking things personally. When I was seriously body building and spent time on those forums, the steroids and personalities synergized to create some of the foulest, most aggressive verbal wars you can imagine.

But, on this forum, where everyone share a common interest, there should be a high level of courtesy and consideration. In the deep south, being a gentleman was part of southern pride (within the last 30 years that has changed due to the mass migration of peoples from other sections of the US and other nations); good manners were important and even the least educated said "yes sir" to their father and their grandfathers were patriarchs.

The true discriminator of class in America is not money but manner; you can live in a double wide and have class or live in a mansion and be class-less. I'll get off the soap box--the subject matter is undeserving of so long a monologue.

There are a lot of nice people on this forum and I expect to learn from them.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
good manners were important and even the least educated said "yes sir" to their father and their grandfathers were patriarchs.

The true discriminator of class in America is not money but manner;
What the hell ever happened to manners anyway ? Welcome old timer ! We'll all be there sooner than we think. Getting there in an AMG is icing on the cake.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Cosmic, you are a true gentleman. I agree fully. Having grown up in North Carolina, I've had my mouth slapped for not saying "yes maam and no maam" and had my share of soap in the mouth. It does build character (not that I claim to have any). Times do change. Enjoy yourself and hop in. Life is what we make of it.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:44 PM

E63
Originally Posted by jangy
Cosmic, you are a true gentleman. I agree fully. Having grown up in North Carolina, I've had my mouth slapped for not saying "yes maam and no maam" and had my share of soap in the mouth. It does build character (not that I claim to have any). Times do change. Enjoy yourself and hop in. Life is what we make of it.
Once again, good advice; you are wise beyond your youth. I have "hopped-in," and this is my favorite car of all the 52 that I have owned. I love this car.

A merciful providence has blessed me with the means to obtain so wonderful a car, and I am beholden to fate, good luck, and the 30 years of hard work that got me here.

Let's drive.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Once again, good advice; you are wise beyond your youth. I have "hopped-in," and this is my favorite car of all the 52 that I have owned. I love this car.

A merciful providence has blessed me with the means to obtain so wonderful a car, and I am beholden to fate, good luck, and the 30 years of hard work that got me here.

Let's drive.

HAHAH!! Youth, my a$$!! I am right behind you. Add to that the fact that I am fat, never excercise, and eat poorly and I'd call us even at best!

The 63 is a beautiful car. I have definitely enjoyed riding in R's car. It is a monster in its own right. Any plans to track it?
Old 03-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Cosmic, I just noticed your location. I lived in Atlanta for almost ten years. I still have a plot of land up the 400 (just west of Dawsonville), so I keep an eye on that area. You live on the lake? Man, the fun I used to have with those southern belles at that place!!
Old 03-19-2007, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
You are right about taking things personally. When I was seriously body building and spent time on those forums, the steroids and personalities synergized to create some of the foulest, most aggressive verbal wars you can imagine.
hey bro what steroid fourms were you on? im into bodybuilding and am on a few fourms my self. stats 39yrs old (just turned on the 13th of march) 6-1, 251lbs 10-12% body fat. shooting for 260lbs and tryin to keep it at 10%bf

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Z06 vs E63