NYC Crew - How about a Saturday Meet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Update

Well today was a good day, I meet many of the forum Members, everyone was awesome.

People I met:

Enzom
Stefan
Mich

People I knew already...
Frank
Will

Well track was very sticky and nice..first time I have been to a track at all!! what a rush!! By the way I ran with 20"s HRE's, heheheheh just crazy

I went two times:

First run

60'- 2.041
1/4- 12.254 @ 115.69

Second run- Just mashed it from the get go, had a bit of spin

60'-1.956
1/4-12.232 @ 114.25

all in all I am happy, I think if I would have had my 18's it would have been a bit better but enzom ran stock below 12's high 11's , that's some crazy thing right there. Sleeper X had a great day also I will let him post his results later and will- NYC-srt8 was just mashing it, almost did better than me.

I can't wait to head out there again, hopefully soon. Nice meeting all you guys and lot's of fun.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by MIG-E55Rocket
Well today was a good day, I meet many of the forum Members, everyone was awesome.

People I met:

Enzom
Stefan
Mich

People I knew already...
Frank
Will

Well track was very sticky and nice..first time I have been to a track at all!! what a rush!! By the way I ran with 20"s HRE's, heheheheh just crazy

I went two times:

First run

60'- 2.041
1/4- 12.254 @ 115.69

Second run- Just mashed it from the get go, had a bit of spin

60'-1.956
1/4-12.232 @ 114.25

all in all I am happy, I think if I would have had my 18's it would have been a bit better but enzom ran stock below 12's high 11's , that's some crazy thing right there. Sleeper X had a great day also I will let him post his results later and will- NYC-srt8 was just mashing it, almost did better than me.

I can't wait to head out there again, hopefully soon. Nice meeting all you guys and lot's of fun.
Mig-E55Rocket,
Great run today!! I was very impressed. You had a 0.38 reaction time which was remarkable for the first time at the track...I see 11s in the near future for you...
BTW,We will try to post the video footage later this evening
Old 03-31-2007, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Steve (Sleeper) - Thanks for calling this little get together today. It was great to see you again, even if for only a few minutes. Great to meet some new friends, too. Sorry I didn't get a chance to see you guys run.

There were some fantastic cars in attendance today. Too bad I missed them.

My cousin, who has never been to a track before, ran a 12.3 @ 116.91 in his F430 spider. He needs to figure out how to launch that thing. Not easy with the F1 transmission.

Let's do this again soon!!
Old 03-31-2007, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Enzom- dude I will pay you if you only show me half of what you know when it comes to launchin that rocket. LOL! Just incredible man.

Last edited by V12Godspeed; 03-31-2007 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Enzom- dude I will pay you if you only show me half of what you know when it comes to launchin that rocket. LOL! Just incredible man.

LOL. Start with smaller wheels and low tire pressure.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by enzom
LOL. Start with smaller wheels and low tire pressure.
Smaller tires for Jody! This is the truth.

Curious, where do you set your tire pressures front and rear?

From my experience sometimes if you take out too much air you will slow down your trap speeds and 1/4 mile times due to drag. I've experienced this! Look at my ET and trap speed below typed in red, read at the bottom of my sig. SUX!

Other cars like mine are posting traps of 105mph+ with little or no air out of tires. ex. Chappy(CLK55 13.34@109mph 32psi).

Originally Posted by Chappy

I only got two runs. The first was 13.599 @ 107.22. Ambient temp was 72 degrees.

At about 5:30, I made my way back to the car to do one last "what the hell" run before driving home. The ambient temp had dropped to 68 degrees:

13.349 @ 109.00 !!!

My personal best! I realize I have another tenth to shave before claiming the MBWorld record, but needless to say I was very happy on the drive home!

Keep in mind, my W208 CLK55 has about 23K miles, and still has the stock/original air filters that came from the factory. I didn't take out the spare or any other items, did not adjust tire pressure and ran on pump 93 with 1/4 tank of fuel. That's it...no tricks...nothing.
The full slip reads:

R/T: .265
60': 2.148
330: 5.744
1/8: 8.704
MPH: 83.08
1000: 11.229
1/4: 13.349
MPH: 109.00

He needs to practice too as his 60ft launches were not so great! I don't think Will takes air out & he has some damn good 60ft" launches but he'll have to vouch for that!

I think the low tire pressure thing works better with R or drag radials vs reg street tires. However there is nothing wrng with running like 40psi up front.

What do you think Lorenzo?

Last edited by ProjectC55; 04-01-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Smaller tires for Jody! This is the truth.

Curious, where do you set your tire pressures front and rear?

From my experience sometimes if you take out too much air you will slow down your trap speeds and 1/4 mile times due to drag. I've experienced this! Look at my ET and trap speed belowtyped in read at the bottom of my sig. SUX!

Other cars like mine are posting traps of 105mph+ with little or no air out of tires. ex. Chappy(CLK55 13.34@109mph 32psi).

He needs to practice too as his 60ft launches were not so great! I don't think Will takes air out & he has some damn good 60ft" launches but he'll have to vouch for that!

I think the low tire pressure thing works better with R or drag radials vs reg street tires. However there is nothing wrng with running like 40psi up front.

What do you think Lorenzo?
I leave my fronts alone. The way I see it, there is already so much frontal area smacking the air that pumping the fronts up to 40 lbs is not going to make a difference. I may be wrong.

I lower the rears to 22. I think that the sidewall on the PS2 is so stiff, it needs to be low to get a good 60 foot time. I have not tried running the PS2s on standard street pressure. Maybe I will try doing it next time and see how it affects my traps.

I have never run with a wheel as large as Jody's. I really think the way to run is to use my and Chiromikey's launch technique and see where that takes you. I'll be happy to swap cars with Jody at the track to see if it is "me" or my car.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
I leave my fronts alone. The way I see it, there is already so much frontal area smacking the air that pumping the fronts up to 40 lbs is not going to make a difference. I may be wrong.

I lower the rears to 22. I think that the sidewall on the PS2 is so stiff, it needs to be low to get a good 60 foot time. I have not tried running the PS2s on standard street pressure. Maybe I will try doing it next time and see how it affects my traps.
I'm hoping I'm right as my car feels much faster with correct air pressures. My cousin Steve was at the track with his bike and he mentioned this too me. Take out too much air and you can kill the traps. Suggested taking out as little air as possible and see which setting gives the car the best run thru trial and error.
I'm hoping that you prove me right Enzom. If so your trap speed will be KRAZEE!

I have never run with a wheel as large as Jody's. I really think the way to run is to use my and Chiromikey's launch technique and see where that takes you. I'll be happy to swap cars with Jody at the track to see if it is "me" or my car.
Yes I suggested to Jody to have you drive his car!
Old 04-01-2007, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...

next time i head out there we will try that...for sure, lol!
Old 04-01-2007, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
[/B]next time i head out there we will try that...for sure, lol!

No problem, Jody. I'd love to see how things compare.