Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
Definitely the ultimate form of ownage!!! LOL

You should drop the price to 30k, man up and call it a day chump.
Josh,

Doesn't that make you feel glad you bought your beast from Chris?
Old 04-07-2007, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Originally Posted by Kev04C320
Josh,

Definitely... I was thinking that exact same thing as I was reading this thread. I bought my car site unseen. I was extremely fortunate. There will always be scammers out there who will come into our community and try to pull a fast one, we just have to look out for one another.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Josh,

And you have no idea how nervous I was for the first 6 months or so after I sold it to Josh. I would have died had he taken it and something gone wrong, which would have been nothing more than a bad coincedance. This guy on the other hand, trying to pawn something off that he knew had serious issues makes him no better than a common thief (unless he proves us all wrong).
Old 04-07-2007, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Definitely... I was thinking that exact same thing as I was reading this thread. I bought my car site unseen. I was extremely fortunate. There will always be scammers out there who will come into our community and try to pull a fast one, we just have to look out for one another.
Can I interest you in a very nice 997S? LOL!
Old 04-07-2007, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
You never know what kind people you would run into on the internet so it's only natural for us to look over each others' shoulder.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by cte430
And you have no idea how nervous I was for the first 6 months or so after I sold it to Josh. I would have died had he taken it and something gone wrong, which would have been nothing more than a bad coincedance. This guy on the other hand, trying to pawn something off that he knew had serious issues makes him no better than a common thief (unless he proves us all wrong).
That would be a dead coincidence obviously. However, now you can rest easy knowing that your beast is in good hands and she's even running stronger than before.

I think most of us has rendered a verdict on this dude. For me, if he couldn't provide visual prove that the VIN posted up here is different from his car's VIN, he has no credibility in my mind what-so-ever.

BTW, when is your TT coming and what color combo did you go with? I want mine White on Black with Black CF trim
Old 04-07-2007, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Can I interest you in a very nice 997S? LOL!
If only I could afford both now
Old 04-07-2007, 09:16 PM

A Black 1
There's no need for him to snap a shot of his VIN and post it here. Him not addressing the numerous requests is answer enough. I'm glad I didn't throw money his way for that car.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
That would be a dead coincidence obviously. However, now you can rest easy knowing that your beast is in good hands and she's even running stronger than before.

I think most of us has rendered a verdict on this dude. For me, if he couldn't provide visual prove that the VIN posted up here is different from his car's VIN, he has no credibility in my mind what-so-ever.

BTW, when is your TT coming and what color combo did you go with? I want mine White on Black with Black CF trim
Going with slate grey/black with lots of leather and CF. This is exactly what it'll look like. It's in production now so should have it in about 6 weeks or so.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Going with slate grey/black with lots of leather and CF. This is exactly what it'll look like. It's in production now so should have it in about 6 weeks or so.

That looks gorgeous. I bet you can't wait to lay your hands on her, can you?

The cost on options does add up quick for Porsche though. I did a mock up on my dream car and came up with around 140K with all the leather and CF that I want. (leather rear center console, doorlock trim, arm rest with Porsche crest, small and big CF packages)

What's your opinion on the CF door trim and map pocket covers? Personally I like the stitched leather better, but wife says the CF ones look cooler. Well, I know honey, but it's a $2900 option though.....
Old 04-08-2007, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55

I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you how much I hate you at this very second.

OK - How about a ride??

Good luck. She's beautiful.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:06 PM

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
2105 S63 Full Carbon - 2018 GTR
Originally Posted by Vic55
its almost time to render a ruling ....
hey Vic- have u pilled the trigger and put his bozo out of his misery?
Old 04-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by BigApe
hey Vic- have u pilled the trigger and put his bozo out of his misery?
Ha!! I probably wont ban him but I will close this thread pretty soon. But its true, his silence does seem to be an admission of guilt.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
I got one word for ya': OWNED
Old 04-08-2007, 12:38 PM

2005 E55 silver
doesn't an S title put the car at about half its worth? I'll give you 22K for it.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by CLKFREAK
doesn't an S title put the car at about half its worth? I'll give you 22K for it.
Maybe worse, depends on what happened to it.

I wouldn't pay more than 10K even for a salvaged CGT from Katrina, LOL.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
If only I could afford both now
hey josh, i'll take the beast off your hands so u can get chris' 997s.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by enzom
I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you how much I hate you at this very second.

OK - How about a ride??

Good luck. She's beautiful.
I'll be looking for all kinds of excuses to drive when I get it so when I take delivery and post pics here send me a PM and I'll meet up.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
That looks gorgeous. I bet you can't wait to lay your hands on her, can you?

The cost on options does add up quick for Porsche though. I did a mock up on my dream car and came up with around 140K with all the leather and CF that I want. (leather rear center console, doorlock trim, arm rest with Porsche crest, small and big CF packages)

What's your opinion on the CF door trim and map pocket covers? Personally I like the stitched leather better, but wife says the CF ones look cooler. Well, I know honey, but it's a $2900 option though.....
Kev, the porsche options prices get crazy. But you know what? I can almost guarantee you won't find another slate TT exactly as mine. It's nice you can build them exactly as you want.

The exact final number for my car $146,563. Ceramics were a big dent. As far as leather and CF I went with the basic CF package (about $900) which gives you the strip in the middle of the dash, e-brake, and shifter, and the CF "switch panel". This obscenely priced (LOL) option is around $2,700 and gives you basically the vents and something else, I forget. I did not opt for the CF center console or door trip packages. The center console is leather as well as the door finishers. Too much CF might get a bit "old" - you can never tire of leather. The stitched leather is really nice.

I'll be sure to post up pics when I get it.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Kev, the porsche options prices get crazy. But you know what? I can almost guarantee you won't find another slate TT exactly as mine. It's nice you can build them exactly as you want.

The exact final number for my car $146,563. Ceramics were a big dent. As far as leather and CF I went with the basic CF package (about $900) which gives you the strip in the middle of the dash, e-brake, and shifter, and the CF "switch panel". This obscenely priced (LOL) option is around $2,700 and gives you basically the vents and something else, I forget. I did not opt for the CF center console or door trip packages. The center console is leather as well as the door finishers. Too much CF might get a bit "old" - you can never tire of leather. The stitched leather is really nice.

I'll be sure to post up pics when I get it.
Chris,

The choice of our interior options are almost identical, except for the Porsche crest on the arm rest! I think when I priced mine, it was 140.9K. Since I can't justify the cost of servicing the PCCB, I decided not to get it and stick with the stock brakes.

The CF switch panel package also includes that thin strip of CF trim with stitched leather inserts on your dash by the air vents near your windshield. I've been told by someone that the CF trim actaully reflects light and is a distraction and potential hazard, LOL
Old 04-08-2007, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Chris,

The choice of our interior options are almost identical, except for the Porsche crest on the arm rest! I think when I priced mine, it was 140.9K. Since I can't justify the cost of servicing the PCCB, I decided not to get it and stick with the stock brakes.

The CF switch panel package also includes that thin strip of CF trim with stitched leather inserts on your dash by the air vents near your windshield. I've been told by someone that the CF trim actaully reflects light and is a distraction and potential hazard, LOL
I've actually heard the same thing about the CF reflection up on the dash. Here's my exact specs:
Slate grey/black
heated seats
sport chrono package
Adaptive sport seats
rocker panels painted
LSD
thicker steering wheel
crest in headrest
rear center console - leather
door finishers - leather
carbon package
carbon package switch panel
gear lever trim in leather
storage compt lid w/ model logo
sport shifter
PCCB

PCCB's come with as many opinions as "how should I break in my car" LOL. I figured the way I am, I'd regret not getting them. At this price point whats' another 8K or so! Besides, if they ever do need replacing I can just switch to the reds. The Gen. 1 system did have some problems but I've followed this very closely and have not seen any issues. Many of the cars at PDE are using them with little to no wear. I've read some interesting data that shows the cost of maintaing the steel brakes might actually be higher - of course that depends on how long you keep the car/how many miles you put on it.

Have you driven a car with them? If you don't want them I'd suggest you not drive them. You'll end up ordering them. My 997S has the reds and they will suck your eyeballs out on a hard stop. I've driven 3 different TT's with the PCCB's and they are just so different. Even though there is no evidence that they stop any better. The unsprung weight, little brake dust, and overall "cool factor" was enough for me to bite the bullet. Besides, when compared to what Ferrari gets for their ceramics this is a bargain!! (I have this tremendous ability to rationalize almost anything I do!)

BTW, white was my first choice but I saw slate and fell in love with it. If you go white you may also want to consider cocoa or sea blue for the interior. it doesn't show up on the U.S. order page on porsche's web site but you can do things with the PCM ( the "main" unit in the center stack). One of the reasons I went with the CF is I didn't like the contrasting grey colors between the PCM and the strip above. The PCM module is available in leather (about 2,220) or piano black. I have some pics if you want to see it.

The sea blue is REALLY nice and contrasts with CF great (the sea blue is really dark, almost black when you first get in it.) I saw some pics a while ago of a guy with a white/seablue with lots of CF and it was stunning. Terracotta/black with deviated carpets is also really nice. If you want some pics of different options shoot me an e-mail and I'll send them to you.

The one good thing about having to wait this long for my car is I've become an expert in porsche options. If I would have been able to get something immediately I'm sure I would have done something I'd regret, or forgot something I really would have wanted.

Last edited by cte430; 04-08-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
13 Lunar Blue GL550, 06 Imola Red BMW X5 4.8is, 04 Gold Honda Ody
Originally Posted by NOEZWA0UT55
First offer of 45 takes it!
Silver/Black
19,167 miles and counting.
Never seen rain or snow, i have other vehicles for that.
20 inch custom AMG wheels (hyper gray) just like the 65 wheels but nicer.
New tires on all 4 corners.
CL 65 flaps on rear.
Panoramic roof and every other option available.
K&N flat panel filters.
Magnaflow exhaust (headers back) custom
ECU upgrade
Crank pulley
custom throttle body (BBK 80mm)
Tinted windows (limo 5%)
Vehicle is fully warranty and is Star marked at Mercedes which means its fully covered bumper to bumper till 2009.
etc.... I HAVE ALL THE ORIGINAL PARTS IN MY GARAGE YOU CAN HAVE THEM AS WELL. ALSO I WILL THROW IN A SET OF 20 INCH GFG VERSAILLES 6 WITH TIRES! MINT JUST WILL HAVE NO USE FOR THEM.

Reason for sale: Audi R8
Nick 718 473 7177 or email NOEZWA0UT55@AOL.COM
Sounds like a great deal. Can you IM me ur Bank details so I can wire you a deposit.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by sbarsap
Sounds like a great deal. Can you IM me ur Bank details so I can wire you a deposit.
Did you read this thread, AT ALL?
Old 04-11-2007, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by sbarsap
Sounds like a great deal. Can you IM me ur Bank details so can wire you a deposit.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy

Oh my god that car is beautiful!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: FOR SALE:2003 E55 19,167 miles