Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
Great unbiased review Scott.

Typical of them. I especially liked how they acted at the Wheelpower meet this past weekend. Everyone in the MB group was quite friendly and willing to socialize with the other group but most of the BMW group was quite the opposite. Someone even posted, "The meet got a lot better after we ditched all the MBs". We had 3 BMW's in our group/caravan that were like "WTF is their problem?" I guess some people are just a little insecure.
Unbelievable! I had a similiar incident at Captree a few months back. Really funny when I think back on it.. Most of them were talking very negatively about AMGs. There were one or two nice guys, but for the most part they all acted like they had a chip on their shoulder..Typically comments, "we will smoke you from a roll" , or in the "twisties". I was so pissed I wanted to run one of them, but none of them would race me... from a dig, from a roll, in the twisties, I could have cared less. BMWs are great cars and I would never talk negatively about them, but a lot of guys on that M5board think that their cars are invincible.. It amazes me...

Oh I nearly forgot. There was a guy there in a CLS63 whom they were afraid to race.. One guy said that the CLS63 was a completley different animal and might actually be able to beat their car.. I was thinking "WTF"....
Old 04-10-2007, 05:06 PM

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
Since BMW doesn't make a wagon - Mercedes is the CLEAR WINNER. :-)

I have a race car for hauling a$$, the Uber Wagon hauls everything else.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 JDM
There was a guy there in a CLS63 whom they were afraid to race.. One guy said that the CLS63 was a completley different animal and might actually be able to beat their car.. I was thinking "WTF"....
Old 04-10-2007, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
It wasn't boring...you did a nice write up....Interlagos Blue = My Favorite
Old 04-10-2007, 06:35 PM

E55 AMG
Great write up!! ....well thought out and executed!!
Old 04-10-2007, 07:10 PM

996TT
Good review, glad you found "the one" for u. They are both exceptional cars. The E55 feels faster than the M5 when u sit in it, but in reality they are very close. I think it has to do with how perfectly positioned u sit in the M5, the seats are there to hold u and leave u to do everything u want. The E55 is awesome and its just an all around package but u can't throw the car around as easily as the M5 I feel, like its been mentioned definitely in the twisties. I took out the E55 the other day and just raped it, it felt awesome but I didn't feel as comfortable to toss it around although it did a hell of a job. I find this M5 V. E55/63 thing to be just like the S4 V. M3, Z06 V. Turbo, F430 V. Gallardo, etc. things. Too much BS but its just because when u own one of them u get a sensation of loyalty... the reality is that just about everyone talks *****. There are so many immature and snobby a$s people on both sides of the spectrum so its too easy to really generalize on either. People need to just go back to where it begins... loving cars and appreciating fast/fine machines. Its too common on every single car forum.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
I really like the M5.I was shopping for an M5 before I got my E55,but the dealer at the time wanted 5-10K over sticker and wouldnt even budge,so off the MB I went.Im happy with my E55 but never got too really drive an M5 for a long period of time,days wise that is.The forced induction motor of the E55 is what keeps my in this car,other than that I might have gone for the M5 more.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55
Thanks again guys.

Yeah, this car is just a hoot w/ the F/I motor. It gets the blood rushing. The M5 doesn't really do that to me until I start tossing it around. It definitely does when you start tossing it around!
Old 04-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
nice write up!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I think I remember when you were shopping for the M5 or the E55, glad to see you came back to AMG.

I also had an itch for the M5, but the SMG is my biggest show stopper.

all of the draw backs you mention of the E55 have been improved with the E63. Maybe give it a try once you had a nice run with E55.

I plan to do the same.

thanks for taking the time to put a good comparison together from an person that owned both.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Banned

Nice review!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:50 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by MPowerdinNY
Good review, glad you found "the one" for u. They are both exceptional cars. The E55 feels faster than the M5 when u sit in it, but in reality they are very close. I think it has to do with how perfectly positioned u sit in the M5, the seats are there to hold u and leave u to do everything u want. The E55 is awesome and its just an all around package but u can't throw the car around as easily as the M5 I feel, like its been mentioned definitely in the twisties. I took out the E55 the other day and just raped it, it felt awesome but I didn't feel as comfortable to toss it around although it did a hell of a job. I find this M5 V. E55/63 thing to be just like the S4 V. M3, Z06 V. Turbo, F430 V. Gallardo, etc. things. Too much BS but its just because when u own one of them u get a sensation of loyalty... the reality is that just about everyone talks *****. There are so many immature and snobby a$s people on both sides of the spectrum so its too easy to really generalize on either. People need to just go back to where it begins... loving cars and appreciating fast/fine machines. Its too common on every single car forum.

qft