W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** Custom Paddle Shifters ***

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
If anyne wants to buy some piano black paddles I have decided to sell my car and I couldn't cancel my order or get a refund before I received them. I'll sell them to you at the same cost they cost me.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Originally Posted by AMGSC
I was removing the POS shifters for a refund and found out the right hinge was also broken!!! Now both my OEM button shifters don't work either. They just wobble loosely and looks like ****!!!!!!

I must now get a brand new steering wheel!!!! I AM EXTREMELY PISSDED about this product!!!!!!!
Why couldn't you just take a trip down to VRP and have the guys that made them install it instead of forcing it and messing up your wheel?

You look like the idiot here...
Old 09-21-2008, 07:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 CLK55, IWC CLS55 AMG(one of 55), 07 Honda CR-V 4WD
I had to order a new steering wheel from Peformance Products and it cost me $1,977.95 with a discount! I expect to pay for 2 hrs of installation which would cost me another $250. So my estimate of $3K was not too far off.
FYI, you can get a brand new C55 steering wheel less than 1/3 of what you paid. I would cancel such order right away.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by Murtaza
Why couldn't you just take a trip down to VRP and have the guys that made them install it instead of forcing it and messing up your wheel?

You look like the idiot here...
Dude. You are the idiot here for making dumb *** assumptions. I've wanted to order this from Vadim and have him install it. He refused both!!!

He said he has nothing to do with the custom paddle shifters.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I've got 2 local cars here lined up (SLK55 and C55) to have the paddles installed.. I will get some pics during the install procedure with each car.

-------------------------------------------------------

Robert,

Sorry we keep missing eachother and playing phone tag... I will try you back again this afternoon..

Dude. You are the idiot here for making dumb *** assumptions. I've wanted to order this from Vadim and have him install it. He refused both!!!

Old 10-02-2008, 12:33 AM

Hi,

Any new status on the shifters? Looking to buy a set once the problems have been solved.

P.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by vrus
I've got 2 local cars here lined up (SLK55 and C55) to have the paddles installed.. I will get some pics during the install procedure with each car.

-------------------------------------------------------

Robert,

Sorry we keep missing eachother and playing phone tag... I will try you back again this afternoon..
How about a new steering wheel? Can you get the replacement brackets at least? Why is it that you sell VRP products and your shops don't install them or support them?
Old 10-03-2008, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by slowrey
If anyne wants to buy some piano black paddles I have decided to sell my car and I couldn't cancel my order or get a refund before I received them. I'll sell them to you at the same cost they cost me.
I'll give you $50 for them.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M

Call me what you want, you're still the one who jacked your steering wheel. If I didn't know how to install something, I sure as hell am not going to caveman it in.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Murtaza
Call me what you want, you're still the one who jacked your steering wheel. If I didn't know how to install something, I sure as hell am not going to caveman it in.
OK. Just keep sticking up for merchants who don't support their own products. It's a free country you can be butt buddies with whoever you want. Me...I not going to save a few pennies any more and going with an established MB tuner with a global reputation/brand from here on out.

Besides, I ordered an AWESOME carbon fiber steering direct from Germany with built in REAL paddle shifters. So what if it costs me over $2K. I would have swapped out my stock steering wheel anyway since my entire car is in CF trim.

Last edited by AMGSC; 10-04-2008 at 01:40 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:18 AM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
Originally Posted by indyjoe
I'll give you $50 for them.
I'd rather burn them and **** on them before I'd sell you them at that price.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
I'd rather burn them and **** on them before I'd sell you them at that price.
Whoa, you are a dick and all but how much will you let them go for? What did they cost you? I'm looking for a set ASAP.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:08 PM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Oxygen
Whoa, you are a dick and all but how much will you let them go for? What did they cost you? I'm looking for a set ASAP.
I'm a dick for laughing at a $50 offer for a set of brand new $250+ paddles??????? No offense but the price is in this entire thread of cost, manufacturing etc.

That's CRAZY to call me a dick. But honestly I would lol.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes Benz E220D/GONE!JUNK!Current GLC Coupe 350d 4 Matic
///wh

I'm a dick for laughing at a $50 offer for a set of brand new $250+ paddles??????? No offense but the price is in this entire thread of cost, manufacturing etc.

what if your las name is Cheney?can i call you Dick?
Old 10-05-2008, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG

Alright great, cool. How much do you want for them?
Old 10-05-2008, 04:55 PM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Oxygen
Alright great, cool. How much do you want for them?
$250 shipped.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 E63 Obsidiant Black; '06 R350 Alabaster White; 05 C55 Obsidiant Black (sold)
I got my brand new OEM buttons from Steve for $140.. but then he had a spare steering wheel back then. Maybe u can contact him and see if hes still got any more.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes Benz E220D/GONE!JUNK!Current GLC Coupe 350d 4 Matic
///

I will pay One Miiiiilliooon dollars!(dr.evil laugh)
Old 10-06-2008, 06:46 PM

clk 500 (wifey's); 350Z roadster (daily driver); 350Z coupe (track car)
I had never seen this thread before, but all I can say is what a shame this project did not work out. I would LOVE a set of paddle shifters for my CLK500. I just got an aftermarket set installed on my 350Z and I would rate it as my favorite mod EVER Picture........

Old 10-06-2008, 06:55 PM

clk 500 (wifey's); 350Z roadster (daily driver); 350Z coupe (track car)
and short video clip....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8buyzBBnuLg
Old 10-17-2008, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by vrus
I've got 2 local cars here lined up (SLK55 and C55) to have the paddles installed.. I will get some pics during the install procedure with each car...
Hi,

Still waiting for some feedback from vrus.

Any news or update on the above? Do the paddles fit or are still not manufactured correctly?

Thanks

P.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:17 AM

C 55
I do have to say that even a MB professional like Sunil ended up ruining my brackets as well. I asked him to try installing these and even he said " I do not feel good about this" as he was doing it. I can not put the buttons back in either as both of my brackets are cracked. Now I have had to Super glue the whole housing to my steering wheel just to keep the paddles from falling out and getting wrapped around the turn signal lever while driving " this happened while turning and almost caused an accident". I advise everyone to stay away from this product. VRP makes good things this one is just not right. DO not risk your safety for what has ended up an appearance mod. Your better off leaving it alone.

In case your wondering : There was no way even when in the bracket that they would function. They were 2-3mm off from activating the switch.

I would love for someone to tell me how to get this fixed or repaired. After finding out what these replacement buttons and brackets cost you will think the paddles are CHEAP.

I am hoping to hear from VRP on this issue soon also.

Last edited by rploaded; 10-24-2008 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Clarification.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:30 AM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
Originally Posted by rploaded
I do have to say that even a MB professional like Sunil ended up ruining my brackets as well. I asked him to try installing these and even he said " I do not feel good about this" as he was doing it. I can not put the buttons back in either as both of my brackets are cracked. Now I have had to Super glue the whole housing to my steering wheel just to keep the paddles from falling out and getting wrapped around the turn signal lever while driving " this happened while turning and almost caused an accident". I advise everyone to stay away from this product. VRP makes good things this one is just not right. DO not risk your safety for what has ended up an appearance mod. Your better off leaving it alone.

In case your wondering : There was no way even when in the bracket that they would function. They were 2-3mm off from activating the switch.

I would love for someone to tell me how to get this fixed or repaired. After finding out what these replacement buttons and brackets cost you will think the paddles are CHEAP.

I am hoping to hear from VRP on this issue soon also.
Unfortunately it's been almost a month and VRP hasn't responded to any of the threads. I'm very disappointed in their customer service right now.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:50 AM

C 55
Unfortunately it's been almost a month and VRP hasn't responded to any of the threads. I'm very disappointed in their customer service right now.

I "heard" from someone reliable who has spoken to Victor at VRP about this and they are WELL AWARE of the problem.

I would think since they cause a SERIOUS safety issue when they come loose and wrap around stalks etc, VRP would be very interested to get them off the street or fix the problem asap. Hell even a statement saying hey everyone we f'd up and please for your own safety remove them for now. Would at least be the appropriate response.

Knowingly selling a faulty product is not a wise idea. Once someone gets hurt the game will become very real.

Hell even two popsicle sticks painted black and glued to the OEM button would work better, then the product people paid 250$ for.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Guys,

Firstly.. My apologies... Whenever I get a few spare moments I jump on the board and try to go through some threads. I guess I've been so caught up in the 65 and 55 tuning stuff that I forgot to come in and post an update in the paddle thread.

I am still trying to hook up with my 2 local guys to do an install of the paddles.

I am just shocked with all the install problems. The paddles fit and work properly. The wobble or loose fit occurs if you snap or bend the plastic brackets on the base of the paddle. Once those are bent outward or broken, the paddle will not actuate properly because there is too much play.

In this thread when I posted pictures of the CLK55 with the black paddles installed, the owner, installed and removed those paddles at least 3 times and was able to do it without breaking or snapping anything so it CAN BE DONE.

It is just a really delicate procedure and when I was doing it I used jeweler's screwdrivers (very small flathead) to pry the paddle apart from the base. If you get past that part snapping in the new ones is a piece of cake.

On this board at least 2 or 3 people have posted independent threads where they took their paddles apart and either retrofitted the newer styles or did some work in that area. You can see in those posts how the base was completely taken apart and the paddle levers swapped in.

As soon as I can get those 2 cars in front of me, I will take pictures of the install and try to document it as completely as possible.

I am really sorry about all the troubles you guys are going through for install. I had no idea it would be this way.

I dont know what this means, but, if you mean am I aware of people trying to install the paddles and having problems; YES. That's why I posted that I was going to get 2 local customers to bring their cars so I can do the install myself and take pics for everyone.

I "heard" from someone reliable who has spoken to Victor at VRP about this and they are WELL AWARE of the problem.
I am not going to ship another pair of paddles until I get the installation documented. This was a bad judgement call.. Because the paddles were so late coming out of production, and figuring that it was such a simple install I didn't think holding them up to try and do an installation doc was the right move.. In hindsight... I should of just told everyone to wait.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** Custom Paddle Shifters ***