Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission or Torque converter????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission or Torque converter????

Here is my issue in case any of you can help. Did a search and found nothing in relation.

When I hit 4th or 105mph or so the car will shift and then fall on its face but still sounds as if it is pulling. The engine is reving up but going through the gear alot slower. It feels like the rev/gear takes forever to get anywhere. I felt it in 3rd the other night when I punched it also. On the same night a little later I went through the gears with no issues. I have replaced the Valve body in the trans and that cleared up the vibrations in the lower part of the gears during normal cruising. I almost lost to a MODDed GTO the other night because he was realing me in on the high side due to whatever problem I am having with the E!!!! The GTO is making 422rwhp and 450 or so TQ just incase anyone is wondering. Thanks for any feedback. I think it's the torque converter....

Gus//
Old 04-18-2007, 03:25 AM

'03 E55
Most likely the I/C pump has gone bad. Very common problem, but with some dealers, you will have to replicate the problem for them, as it doesn't always throw a code that the mechanics will find. Mine went in twice for the same problem with no resolution, so I took the tech for a ride and it was fixed immediately.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
So now do get the same problem?

Because I took my car in for the intercooler problem and I'm still havin the s/c shut off after 3-4 hard runs on the freeway...now that yours is "fixed" does it happen at all? I'm sure it'll happen eventually but does it happen only after 3-4 hard runs???
Old 04-19-2007, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Hazy1
Most likely the I/C pump has gone bad. Very common problem, but with some dealers, you will have to replicate the problem for them, as it doesn't always throw a code that the mechanics will find. Mine went in twice for the same problem with no resolution, so I took the tech for a ride and it was fixed immediately.
That would make sense on why it does not happen all the time. I suppose if it where the TQ converter it would be all the time. Thanks, I will look into it.

Gus//