W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Definite- MY E63 is as fast as MY E55 was!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Addicted2Speed
Sorry, but you're wrong. There are over 20 supercharged SLK55 in the USA alone, with no transmission problems of any kind. Kleemann, Renntech, Carlsson, and other companies all offer superchargers for 7g application. These companies have been around for a long time and kleemann puts over 20,000 hard miles on their test cars before putting them for sale. Several members on this board have had supercharged SLK55 for a long time and have had no transmission problems of any kind. According to kleemann, the komoressors for SLK55 have been out since 2005 and many vehicles have put over 30,000 miles since the conversion and not one had a problem. We would've known about it if they did cause the tranny to break. And I did look up their numbers, the 7g transmission has been tested by Mercedes to endure 760nm (~560lb-ft) continiously. Mercedes builts all of their components to withtand much more power than stock, the 7g transmission is no exception.

You keep saying SLK55. That isn't the same power that you would ecpect out of aspirating an E63. Go ahead and do it. Also, be sure on what you say is "no problems". My point with all this was that you are giving up your warranty if you aspirate an E63 and you had better hope that the tuner will step up IF something goes astray. To blindly say a mod is fail safe is naive, as I found out with a simple pulley. ALL mods are a potential compromise, whether you like it or not. The 7g is a documented exception. You act like I'm bringing in a new secret. Even MB too YEARS to get it under control and you suggest it is rugged? Riddle me this: Why do the initial release of ALL 63s NOT hit redline in first?
Believe what you'd like and I'm not into arguing back and forth, but you should speak apples to aplles when you say things.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lotus Elise SLK55
Originally Posted by jangy
You keep saying SLK55. That isn't the same power that you would ecpect out of aspirating an E63. Go ahead and do it. Also, be sure on what you say is "no problems". My point with all this was that you are giving up your warranty if you aspirate an E63 and you had better hope that the tuner will step up IF something goes astray. To blindly say a mod is fail safe is naive, as I found out with a simple pulley. ALL mods are a potential compromise, whether you like it or not. The 7g is a documented exception. You act like I'm bringing in a new secret. Even MB too YEARS to get it under control and you suggest it is rugged? Riddle me this: Why do the initial release of ALL 63s NOT hit redline in first?
Believe what you'd like and I'm not into arguing back and forth, but you should speak apples to aplles when you say things.
You bring up valid point, and I do agree that any mod, even a simple pulley swap, can cause potential problem. But you can't simply dismiss the fact that a large number tuned SLK55 with 7g transmission have been putting down ~460lb-ft of torque at the wheels since 2005 with no transmission problems reported.. which is about 100lb-ft of torque more than stock E63's put down. If reputable tuners like Kleemann and Renntech bring new tested products to the market and if their customers have been happy with the product since 05, that's all the assurance I personally need. If they make a kompressor for 6.2 engine in the future, which they will likely do, you can trust that they will do the neccessary research and road testing before actually selling it.

This situation is not much different than tuned 65 AMG's that make 200lb-ft more torque than stock. Torque threshold is higher with the 5-speed tranny, but obviously its not unlimited. Mercedes limits their V12-bi turbo to a specific output for engine and transmission safety, just as they do with the 7-speed tranny and their new 6.2 engines. But this doesn't stop people from getting 200lb-ft of torque more out of their V12 bi-turbo engines. And so far, I don't think we've seen any transmission failures there either.

Last edited by Addicted2Speed; 04-21-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mazda
Originally Posted by BigApe
well, well, well.... welcome back salvage boy! I thought the CarFax on your car chased you outta here! I guess not!

Here's the best part though...you've had nothing to say since you got called out and bee-otch slapped and on first post back you chime in about murdering Joe's car and completely missing the point of his write up!! We missed beating on you Nick! welcome back

Joe- Thanks for the write up. I'm eye-ballin an E63 or CLS63 for the next car (in the next 12-18 months) and this is worthwhile insight.
guy you will never be able to beat on me, i slap peopl like u, computer talk, bring it to me in person if you even step to me in person ill respect you after i beat you down. come threw and beat on me! PLEASE
As far as bold talk if i still had my car and you guys think a E63 is gonna crush a 600hp plus E55 then your all smokin some good ****, lmfao
Old 04-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Addicted2Speed: Point made. Let's leave it at that. Personally, I'd be interested to see someone attempt a swap of the 7g into one of the high TQ engined cars. I know where my money would be on endurance, however.

For now, the best mods I've seen for the E63 is headers and ECU. That's the same as on the 65s, even with their age so it is what it is. Maybe we'll see some SCs or Turbos released for the 63 soon. If not, we'll have to wait for AMG to come out with a new powerplant.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by NOEZWA0UT55
guy you will never be able to beat on me, i slap peopl like u, computer talk, bring it to me in person if you even step to me in person ill respect you after i beat you down. come threw and beat on me! PLEASE
As far as bold talk if i still had my car and you guys think a E63 is gonna crush a 600hp plus E55 then your all smokin some good ****, lmfao
Do yourself a favor and stop the threatening talk. How old are you?
Old 04-22-2007, 07:41 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
I'd pick #5. Oh, you mean cars. I'd likely go with the 55K, only because of the modding potential. I would actually consider the smoother motor, IF the drivetrain was as strong to match, which the 7g isn't yet.
I'm more of a track type of guy and the smoother band would actually be easier to drive than the rough beast is. But, I love having all that wound up TQ.
Jangy where do i start . You have said a few things that i would like to ask and get more info on.

1. is the 03 e55 one of the stronger 55k models? if so why ?
2. something about cls rumor at the amg challenge, what rumor?
3. will 07 SL 55k 80m thing fit a cls 55k 06?

Thanks and forgive the bad terms
Old 04-22-2007, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Sorry, but you're wrong. There are over 20 supercharged SLK55 in the USA alone, with no transmission problems of any kind. Kleemann, Renntech, Carlsson, and other companies all offer superchargers for 7g application. These companies have been around for a long time and kleemann puts over 20,000 hard miles on their test cars before putting them for sale. Several members on this board have had supercharged SLK55 for a long time and have had no transmission problems of any kind. According to kleemann, the komoressors for SLK55 have been out since 2005 and many vehicles have put over 30,000 miles since the conversion and not one had a problem. We would've known about it if they did cause the tranny to break. And I did look up their numbers, the 7g transmission has been tested by Mercedes to endure 760nm (~560lb-ft) continiously. Mercedes builts all of their components to withtand much more power than stock, the 7g transmission is no exception.
Does the weight of the car help the tranny cope with the excess torque? The SLK55 must weight 600 lbs. less than the E63, probably more. I can imagine that there is less strain on the driveline trying to propel less mass. I am not an engineer. Just making an observation.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
guy you will never be able to beat on me, i slap peopl like u, .....

Did his widdle salvage get repo'd?

Have fun driving your quad, tool.

On Topic:

The 5-speed has no problem coping with 738 ft/lbs all day long in the 65 applications.

I think Jangy's point is that the 7g has yet to be proven at those power levels.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Zod
Jangy where do i start . You have said a few things that i would like to ask and get more info on.

1. is the 03 e55 one of the stronger 55k models? if so why ?
2. something about cls rumor at the amg challenge, what rumor?
3. will 07 SL 55k 80m thing fit a cls 55k 06?

Thanks and forgive the bad terms
1 - rumor has it that the '03s run stronger, BUT the newer models have better suspension components and handle very different. There is a huge difference in feel from '04 to '05 to '06. All the parts transition from 211 to 219 parts.

2 - When the CLS was first released, many here claimed it handled so much better than the E. It turns out that a new CLS did handle better than an '03 E, but that is due to the answer to #1. The AMG Challenge is where similar year E and CLSs were thrown at each other and it became clear that the E was the best handling of the two.

3 - The '07 SL55 80mm TB will indeewd fit, BUT the plenum (which mates the TB to the SC) needs to be machine matched. Also, since you will have it off, you may as well polich the interior chamber. In lue of this, you can spend $3000 to buy a complete set.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
I think Jangy's point is that the 7g has yet to be proven at those power levels.

That is exactly Jangy's point
Old 04-22-2007, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lotus Elise SLK55

Depends what power levels you're talking about. My point is that it has been proven up to 596bhp and 568lb-ft torque so far with kleemann SLK55K S8. Mercedes themselves has tested the 7g at 560lb-ft continiously. Sure its not 738lb-ft, but its still a pretty significant increase over E63's stock power levels.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lotus Elise SLK55
Forgot to mention that there are ways to beef up the transmission. Brabus and Renntech built one SLK55 with 6.1L increase displacement engine and a Renntech supercharger on top of that with well over 600hp that ran deep 10's in the 1/4 mile (allegedly). Although I have absolutely no info on what they did to transmission exactly, its worth inquiring with them about it.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
And so far, I don't think we've seen any transmission failures there either.
The unfortunate truth is there are failures and for a reason you dont hear about it. There are many tuners that will pull the wool over our eyes and sweep things under the mat to keep us from hearing about it. FYI i know of 1 documented transmission failure on a modified 600.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lotus Elise SLK55
Originally Posted by E55JAY
The unfortunate truth is there are failures and for a reason you dont hear about it. There are many tuners that will pull the wool over our eyes and sweep things under the mat to keep us from hearing about it. FYI i know of 1 documented transmission failure on a modified 600.
WOW that sucks... why hasn't the owner of that 600 haven't posted anything about it?
Old 04-22-2007, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
WOW that sucks... why hasn't the owner of that 600 haven't posted anything about it?
it was posted here, covered under warranty
Old 04-22-2007, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lotus Elise SLK55
Originally Posted by E55JAY
it was posted here, covered under warranty
Mercedes covered it under warranty even though the car was modified?
Old 04-22-2007, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
Mercedes covered it under warranty even though the car was modified?
i dont know the details as to whether or not they were aware of its mods but yes
Old 04-23-2007, 02:46 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
1 - rumor has it that the '03s run stronger, BUT the newer models have better suspension components and handle very different. There is a huge difference in feel from '04 to '05 to '06. All the parts transition from 211 to 219 parts.

2 - When the CLS was first released, many here claimed it handled so much better than the E. It turns out that a new CLS did handle better than an '03 E, but that is due to the answer to #1. The AMG Challenge is where similar year E and CLSs were thrown at each other and it became clear that the E was the best handling of the two.

3 - The '07 SL55 80mm TB will indeewd fit, BUT the plenum (which mates the TB to the SC) needs to be machine matched. Also, since you will have it off, you may as well polich the interior chamber. In lue of this, you can spend $3000 to buy a complete set.

Hope that helps.
Thanks bud .
Sorry if i went off topic.. i agree with the principle that there is no safe mod when the gains are so much, its always a risk... question is are you willing to take it
or even worse be the test subject
Old 04-23-2007, 10:54 AM

2007 E63 AMG, 2005.5 Audi S4
Tool Time

This is the exact kind of thread I would expect to see in a WRX, Mustang, or Lancer forum.

All the original poster was trying to share is what his 2 different tests yielded and he even tried to preempt the "toolish" behavior that followed, of course to no avail.

I gotta stop reading this crap but it is like a car accident, I can't stop looking!!!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by HamYoYo
This is the exact kind of thread I would expect to see in a WRX, Mustang, or Lancer forum.

All the original poster was trying to share is what his 2 different tests yielded and he even tried to preempt the "toolish" behavior that followed, of course to no avail.

I gotta stop reading this crap but it is like a car accident, I can't stop looking!!!!!

LOL, classic defensive move.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:16 AM

05 E55, R33 GTR, R33 GTS-t
Addicted2speed, i believe you have valid points, in that the 7g has seen big power torque go through it and live, plus MBs ratings are definitly going to be conservative.

You give valid examples of 7g's pumping big power/tq in SLK's, very true, but a CLS/E is a significantly bigger fish. Add that weight with some traction and it may not fair so well.

can someone link me to this CarFax thread regarding the fully sick Nick?
Old 04-25-2007, 10:27 AM

mazda
Did his widdle salvage get repo'd?

Have fun driving your quad, tool.

On Topic:

The 5-speed has no problem coping with 738 ft/lbs all day long in the 65 applications.

hahahaah my quad would murder your E55 up unitl 80mph, you phaggot, and no it didnt get repod ********, it was sold and it would of murdered your car every which way, bring your E55 to da highway now in my 997 ill smash it
Old 04-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
hahahaah my quad would murder your E55 up unitl 80mph, you phaggot, and no it didnt get repod ********, it was sold and it would of murdered your car every which way, bring your E55 to da highway now in my 997 ill smash it
Chill out dude, we're on the internets!

Old 04-25-2007, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by MLMCLK430
Well said. I agree with you, especially when you keep hearing about all the problems with the IC pump. I don't believe my car has had that problem yet, but some times I think my E55 is slow. Of course the dealer says nothing is wrong. With a N/A engine, I don't have to worry about the supercharger engaging or not.

just to make it clear....

my car is running at !00%

running out of steam really means: not a high revving engine or power curve hits hard from 2k to 5.5k rpms.

there is just something about an engine reving smoothly from 3.5k to about 7k rpms. You feel power as the rpms climb, the power surge continues.

I would trade down low torque for higher RPMS, 2 extra gears to save some gas when the wife drives.

Better brakes would be nice and better handling.

In all... nobody can say that I'm not a true AMG fan specially Kompressor engines.. but I do admit the E63 is better (not faster )
Old 04-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
...... it was sold.....
In one piece?

I hope you disclosed the frame damage, as to not do so would be fraud. (translation=jail for you)

Since the VIN is public info, it should be no problem for anyone on this forum to pass the info onto the new buyer.

Last edited by ChicagoX; 04-25-2007 at 07:20 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's Definite- MY E63 is as fast as MY E55 was!