W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Since you guys often list new car models of all kinds, here's new info on 2008 C6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 05:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Since you guys often list new car models of all kinds, here's new info on 2008 C6

Originally Posted by lawnchair
http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayS...74&docid=35824

There ya go, folks

New for 2008

* All-new LS3 6.2L V-8 engine for Coupe and Convertible:
* 430 hp (321 kW)*
* 424 lb.-ft. of torque (575 Nm)*
* 436 hp / 428 lb.-ft. (325 kW / 580 Nm)* with new, optional dual-mode exhaust system

* High-flow cylinder heads
* Enhanced valvetrain
* High-flow intake manifold
* Larger-bore block with structural enhancements
* Improved manual transmission shift effort
* Quicker shift times on paddle-shift six-speed automatic
* 2.73 performance axle ratio available with six-speed paddle shift; included with Z51 package
* Improved steering feel
* Standard split-spoke cast aluminum wheel design for Coupe and Convertible (Competition Gray finish optional)
* Available polished forged aluminum wheel design
* New Keyless Access remote key fob with integrated key
* Interior trim enhancements for all models, including wrapped center trim plate with Cyber pattern and new, brushed aluminum accents
* Custom Leather-Wrapped Interior Package available for all models in exclusive, new Linen and Sienna colors
* New sill plates
* iPod/MP3 jack included on all sound systems except navigation (Personal Audio Link available as accessory for navigation system)
* OnStar and XM Satellite Radio standard on all models
* Auto-dimming mirrors with compass standard on all models
* Two new premium exterior colors: Jetstream Blue Metallic Tintcoat and Crystal Red Metallic Tintcoat

PLUS, They list the new top speed at 190 MPH and claim a 0-60 time for the automatic at 4.3 seconds!

Also, the LS7 will remain at 505 HP

Much much more in that article too :thumbsup:
It's gettin hott out there w/these Horsepower wars
Old 04-27-2007, 08:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Thericker
It's gettin hott out there w/these Horsepower wars
We're lucky to live in this era of cheap sports cars and family sedans that give you exotic car speeds.

Did they make any changes to the body of the '08 C6?
Old 04-27-2007, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
We're lucky to live in this era of cheap sports cars and family sedans that give you exotic car speeds.

Did they make any changes to the body of the '08 C6?
Yes it's so kool, like back in the Hemi-Cuda, etc..days right before the gas crunch/crisis, also kind of mirroring our current gas price hikes

I don't believe so, if they did they'll be minor for certain, full new facelift wont be out till 2009-10 Best part though in the article it lists massive leather/interior improvements

Lastly w/the new 30 hp 30 torque, these new 6.2 models better damn well crack into the 11's outta the box or there being severely restricted tweeked (Torque Management ecu crap) by GM, same as the current C6, not being able to replicate the outgoing C5 Z06 w/same power & weight.

Last edited by Thericker; 04-27-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
it needs that gm stereo improvement
Old 04-28-2007, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Dogshine
it needs that gm stereo improvement
How do you come up w/that? Current C6 has the same BOSE stereo that all Mercs used to come with(Believe they come w/Harmon Kardon now) it's actually better than the one that was in my w220 S class

Last edited by Thericker; 04-28-2007 at 02:02 AM.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
How do you come up w/that? Current C6 has the same BOSE stereo that all Mercs used to come with(Believe they come w/Harmon Kardon now) it's actually better than the one that was in my w220 S class
Sean, I'm a fan of you so this isn't hating but...only 430bhp from a 6.2- that's poor specific output
Old 04-28-2007, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by transferred
Sean, I'm a fan of you so this isn't hating but...only 430bhp from a 6.2- that's poor specific output
Hey bro, it doesn't reflect on me or bother me, I totally agree, If Merc can get get 500+hp & 460torque out've there very similar sized 6.2xx AMG 63's GM's Vette version SUX they have to bump the cubes up to 427 7.0 to get that kinda power I will deff be moving back to a high powered used AMG, or 600 bi-turb after this Vette The stage is being set for a smorgasbord of high powered used Merc inventory, have you look 'ed lately at Autotrader.com? freakin 2003-2004 E55k 211's for low to mid 40's and S600 TT' CL600 TT's in the same area??? Imagine how cheap they'll be in another year I can't wait

I see you have similar yet higher future goals w/sights set on 65AMG Who knows the way there tanking used price wise, they may be within my grasp as well in another year or so..

Last edited by Thericker; 04-28-2007 at 02:59 AM.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Hey bro, it doesn't reflect on me or bother me, I totally agree, If Merc can get get 500+hp & 460torque out've there very similar sized 6.2xx AMG 63's I will deff be moving back to a high powered used AMG, or 600 bi-turb after this Vette The stage is being set for a smorgasbord of high powered used Merc inventory, have you look 'ed lately at Autotrader.com? freakin 2003-2004 E55k 211's for low to mid 40's and S600 TT' CL600 TT's in the same area??? Imagine how cheap they'll be in another year I can't wait
You're speaking sense again bra. The W220 S65 is the car I've got my eye on at the moment though. Renntech mod and CF airbox and she'll give you 700bhp and 900lb/ft for a total including car of about $75k!!!

However as $75k is too rich for my blood so i'm wit ya on the E55 values. $40k is sick.

As concerns specific output, it just pisses me off. MB did ok with the 6.2 but the RS4 engine is my current favorite. Sounds like Thor, too.

Anyways, I ran "Carl Lassiter" from this board and his S4 the other day. Kid can drive but the main problem I had was the protected turns from a stop. He can just stamp whereas i'd hit the goddamn sidewalk. I blame it on him having his hot *** broad with him! Was fun though, and I had him at high speeds on the freeway. I'd love to run your C6 in the twisties but i'm going to be out of CA for the next 3-weeks on business
Old 04-28-2007, 03:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
You're speaking sense again bra. The W220 S65 is the car I've got my eye on at the moment though. Renntech mod and CF airbox and she'll give you 700bhp and 900lb/ft for a total including car of about $75k!!!

However as $75k is too rich for my blood so i'm wit ya on the E55 values. $40k is sick.

As concerns specific output, it just pisses me off. MB did ok with the 6.2 but the RS4 engine is my current favorite. Sounds like Thor, too.

Anyways, I ran "Carl Lassiter" from this board and his S4 the other day. Kid can drive but the main problem I had was the protected turns from a stop. He can just stamp whereas i'd hit the goddamn sidewalk. I blame it on him having his hot *** broad with him! Was fun though, and I had him at high speeds on the freeway. I'd love to run your C6 in the twisties but i'm going to be out of CA for the next 3-weeks on business
You ran Carl? I like him! kool kat! he's got a hott lady to boot? Go Lassiter

Yes it's taken almost a year of ownership to pound some sense back into my melon on Mercedes ownage of perf world, sure there's plenty of modded this that etc..My current C6 can be modded into a giant killa' but the main difference I'm realizing is even w/little mods my C6 is pushing 440bhp 445btorque it's violent! and almost undrivable traction is serious issue, yes tires are VERY worn but I have 345/30/19 pilots on 19x12 Z06 wheels I can break SCARY traction @ 75+mph w/ESP stability cntrl laughing at me, GM stability program is for ****!
Coming home late from a date, I decide to wind her up a little on frwy on-ramp manually shifting the Auto **** box, top of 2nd about 80mph 6700rpm's w/ 3/4 throttle hit 3rd and BLAM!!! side to side like a fish outta water If I didn't know how to counter steer that beehatch I would've been in the cement gaurd rail, now I've heard higher powered Mercs loosing traction at frwy speeds but highly doubt traction control leaves your *** in the wind like that.

Edit: this really isn't GM's fault, ever since I had tuner remove torque management, it's been a whole new learning curve.

Just a couple reasons, I long to be in a Merc again.

Yeah let's meet up! after your trip, I'll have new meats, and reigns on this hoar I'm not great a corners (learning every day, my corners are like a drifting competition! though very fun!) the C6 does handle very well, especially since I lowered it.

Last edited by Thericker; 04-28-2007 at 03:34 AM.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo

Side note: Forget the RS4 unless you mainly are into corners, I dry humped one on the freeway like a love starved poodle, they have hardly any low end torque results in pathetic freeway rolls.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You ran Carl? I like him! kool kat! he's got a hott lady to boot? Go Lassiter

Yes it's taken almost a year of ownership to pound some sense back into my melon on Mercedes ownage of perf world, sure there's plenty of modded this that etc..My current C6 can be modded into a giant killa' but the main difference I'm realizing is even w/little mods my C6 is pushing 440bhp 445btorque it's violent! and almost undrivable traction is serious issue, yes tires are VERY worn but I have 345/30/19 pilots on 19x12 Z06 wheels I can break SCARY traction @ 75+mph w/ESP stability cntrl laughing at me, GM stability program is for ****!
Coming home late from a date, I decide to wind her up a little on frwy on-ramp manually shifting the Auto **** box, top of 2nd about 80mph 6700rpm's w/ 3/4 throttle hit 3rd and BLAM!!! side to side like a fish outta water If I didn't know how to counter steer that beehatch I would've been in the cement gaurd rail, now I've heard higher powered Mercs loosing traction at frwy speeds but highly doubt traction control leaves your *** in the wind like that.

Edit: this really isn't GM's fault, ever since I had tuner remove torque management, it's been a whole new learning curve.

Just a couple reasons, I long to be in a Merc again.

Yeah let's meet up! after your trip, I'll have new meats, and reigns on this hoar I'm not great a corners (learning every day, my corners are like a drifting competition! though very fun!) the C6 does handle very well, especially since I lowered it.
Yea, is real name is Nick (not a big secret i don't think) and we got talking about this board and he mentioned Trez who helped him with a legal wrangle with his ex, Vadim who he hasn't had chance to run yet, YOU and funnily enough your GREAT DANE! He barely posts now but neither would I if I were fu$k*ng what he's fu$k*ng!! I told him to get back on here though

Corners it is then if your pushing 440bhp in that flyweight- you'll eat me. Nah, I'll run just for kicks anyhow but no pinkslips!

Would've loved to have heard what your date said about the sideways action as you screamed, "Whoo, welcome to Sean's world!!!." Nice job saving the slide though. Traction issues with 345s is insane though your way of taking corners sound like bags of fun

You destroyed an RS4. Good job, i've been killed by two
Old 04-28-2007, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Yea, is real name is Nick (not a big secret i don't think) and we got talking about this board and he mentioned Trez who helped him with a legal wrangle with his ex, Vadim who he hasn't had chance to run yet, YOU and funnily enough your GREAT DANE! He barely posts now but neither would I if I were fu$k*ng what he's fu$k*ng!! I told him to get back on here though

Corners it is then if your pushing 440bhp in that flyweight- you'll eat me. Nah, I'll run just for kicks anyhow but no pinkslips!

Would've loved to have heard what your date said about the sideways action as you screamed, "Whoo, welcome to Sean's world!!!." Nice job saving the slide though. Traction issues with 345s is insane though your way of taking corners sound like bags of fun

You destroyed an RS4. Good job, i've been killed by two
****e! I droped the date off just before that little slip sliding away! whew! I was glad she wasn't there cause it kinda freaked me out, (now I'm used to it and am expecting it) she would've probably grabed my arm and made me crash lol.. Yes she's 1 of those, if I get too out of cntrl the preaching starts

Damn Nick you devil! I'm going to call him Mr. Lassiter now lol...Yeah my Dane is quite the chick magnet himself, they all love Atlas!

Yeah we (RS4) ran primarily on the freeway, look it up in the kill sect! lates bro! I'll pm you my # call me when your back in town!
Old 04-30-2007, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
interesting...