63 all models BEST 1/4, 1/8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Wait, how much money did Jrcart put into his CLK? Is there a thread which has a list of his mods? From what I remember, he basically has just about everything known to mankind done to it...not to mention the weight reduction, lightweigh rims, DR's...

I know Rob's 63 was completely stock, down to the bald conti tires...unless you want to call a babyseat a mod LOL.

Jrcart, no offense but I think it would have been better off for you to get a V12TT Benz instead of the n/a 63. Stock for stock, you were running slower than Rob's E63. Now that you're heavily modded, you're running very close to modded E55 times. If you put similiar money into an E55 or an SL65/600, you would have the fastest Benz out there.

Knowing you, you prob have a few tricks up your sleeve for MIR and everything can be settled then.
I hear what you are saying, but SL65's and E55's are a dime-a-dozen the Black Series is slightly more unique in my eyes. Also keep in mind that my true passion is road racing, this drag racing stuff really came about from you guys pushing me(thanks ), there is no E55 or SL65 (except new SL BS and I have one of those on the way) anywhere on this planet that can turn a faster lap on a road course than my car. I have said it before and I will say it again, you are not going to find too many cars as well rounded as mine. I can turn blistering fast laps on any road course, then drive the car from there to the nearest drag strip without anything more than an air pressure adjustment and lay down an 11.6 on the very same set of street tires.

As for Robs/OLDGIXXER's times...we all know he had no filters and ran that at MIR. One thing I think you are forgetting is that my fastest times were run in less than desirable conditions at 860 above sea level and high humidity, in road race trim and set-up.

When I break the car out for the MIR event it is going to be a completely different animal, weighing in at over 250 pounds lighter than ANY of my previous runs, with a new ECU/TCU tune, a CF driveshaft and a couple other goodies I am keeping on the DL. Furthermore I have for the first time made some adjustment with the suspension for a "drag racing only" set up. I raised the ride height and softened things up considerably.

BTW my new best e/t is 11.29 (NOS) and I have gone 11.4's on motor, Robs car should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as my car, he is/was 5/10th's off my best motor only time and nearly 7/10ths off my best NOS time. I don't like even talking about corrected figures, I don't believe in them but several people on this board have posted and PM'ed me what my best times would have corrected out to at MIR after hearing tht Robs number no longer impressed me...at all.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by jrcart
I hear what you are saying, but SL65's and E55's are a dime-a-dozen the Black Series is slightly more unique in my eyes. Also keep in mind that my true passion is road racing, this drag racing stuff really came about from you guys pushing me(thanks ), there is no E55 or SL65 (except new SL BS and I have one of those on the way) anywhere on this planet that can turn a faster lap on a road course than my car. I have said it before and I will say it again, you are not going to find too many cars as well rounded as mine. I can turn blistering fast laps on any road course, then drive the car from there to the nearest drag strip without anything more than an air pressure adjustment and lay down an 11.6 on the very same set of street tires.

As for Robs/OLDGIXXER's times...we all know he had no filters and ran that at MIR. One thing I think you are forgetting is that my fastest times were run in less than desirable conditions at 860 above sea level and high humidity, in road race trim and set-up.

When I break the car out for the MIR event it is going to be a completely different animal, weighing in at over 250 pounds lighter than ANY of my previous runs, with a new ECU/TCU tune, a CF driveshaft and a couple other goodies I am keeping on the DL. Furthermore I have for the first time made some adjustment with the suspension for a "drag racing only" set up. I raised the ride height and softened things up considerably.

BTW my new best e/t is 11.29 (NOS) and I have gone 11.4's on motor, Robs car should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as my car, he is/was 5/10th's off my best motor only time and nearly 7/10ths off my best NOS time. I don't like even talking about corrected figures, I don't believe in them but several people on this board have posted and PM'ed me what my best times would have corrected out to at MIR after hearing tht Robs number no longer impressed me...at all.
First off, Rob's fastest runs were with the air filters in. With them removed, his car was actually slower.

I understand what you are trying to do...sort of make an auto 997 GT2.

What did you run when your car was bone stock?
Old 10-20-2008, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

First off, Rob's fastest runs were with the air filters in. With them removed, his car was actually slower.

I understand what you are trying to do...sort of make an auto 997 GT2.

What did you run when your car was bone stock?
I was slow when it was stock, 12.19 @116.5 mph. That was bone stock with under 400 miles on it. I did not even air down the tires for that run. A 12.19 at Route 66 Raceway in Joliet IL probably corrects out to as quick or quicker than Rob's MIR 11.95...so what's your point?
Old 10-20-2008, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
I was slow when it was stock, 12.19 @116.5 mph...

....so what's your point?
Robs number no longer impressed me...at all.
I find it kind of funny how his numbers don't impress you, yet he actually has a slower car (E63 vs CLK63 BS) and he still got a much faster ET and MPH.

But listen, I don't have any beef with you. I respect all car enthusiasts and modders. I understand that rather than just getting a run-of-the-mill modded Porsche 997TT/997 GT2, you did what nobody else would really do and drop $50k+ into a CLK. All I'm trying to say is that maybe instead of dropping 5 digits worth of mods into your car, you should've slipped Rob/Oldgixxer a couple Benjamins for some driving lessons in the first place. But now, thanks to the fine techs at Evosport, you're now doing a wonderful job at the dragstrip and your CLK is the fastest n/a Benzito out there. I salute you
Old 10-20-2008, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I find it kind of funny how his numbers don't impress you, yet he actually has a slower car (E63 vs CLK63 BS) and he still got a much faster ET and MPH.
Like I said, the fact that he made his pass at MIR and I made mine at Route 66 has quite a bit to do with it as does the fact that he obviously had some experience driving his car (bald Conti comment), my car was a week old, how familiar could really I be with it? Here is an even better quation for you, what was the all-mighty Rob's quickest e/t the first time he has his 63 at the strip? GOOD QUESTION ISN'T IT? I'll bet is was not an 11.95!

Are you gonna be at MIR? I'd be more than happy to hand it to your M5 too...you can even let Rob drive!

Last edited by jrcart; 10-20-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Like I said, the fact that he made his pass at MIR and I made mine at Route 66 has quite a bit to do with it as does the fact that he obviously had some experience driving his car (bald Conti comment), my car was a week old, how familiar could really I be with it? Here is an even better quation for you, what was the all-mighty Rob's quickest e/t the first time he has his 63 at the strip? GOOD QUESTION ISN'T IT? I'll bet is was not an 11.95!

Are you gonna be at MIR? I'd be more than happy to hand it to your M5 too...you can even let Rob drive!
It took you multiple times and mods to break Rob's record.

Your CLK63 BS against my STOCK M5? Wow, what a challenge

If I still had my Z06 I would've given ya an *** whoopin on the track or streets. But I'm sure then you'd bring out an 8 second Mustang...or give Evosport another $40k for a twin turbo setup...or pull out the credit card and cop the ZR1 and send it straight to LPE.

It's fine though because there are some 65's and 55's that'll have no prob holding you off at the dragstrip.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It took you multiple times and mods to break Rob's record.

Your CLK63 BS against my STOCK M5? Wow, what a challenge

If I still had my Z06 I would've given ya an *** whoopin on the track or streets. But I'm sure then you'd bring out an 8 second Mustang...or give Evosport another $40k for a twin turbo setup...or pull out the credit card and cop the ZR1 and send it straight to LPE.

It's fine though because there are some 65's and 55's that'll have no prob holding you off at the dragstrip.
What a bright one you are. I had the ZR1 in my driveway 3.5 weeks ago, flipped it for a quick 22k...it was typical American garbage, just like my CTS-V. I assume you must of felt the same way that is why you are rolling in an M5 now.

You want to know the real sick part? I'm gonna dump just as money or more in mods money into my SL 65 BS come January...and it is going to be the fastest MB in the world...PERIOD! Until then I get the CLK
Old 10-20-2008, 09:32 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
You want to know the real sick part? I'm gonna dump just as money or more in mods money into my SL 65 BS come January...and it is going to be the fastest MB in the world...PERIOD! Until then I get the CLK
You are one sick puppy, but I like it !!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
old daily driver '07 E63(gone); new dd '14 750xi; 2013 Viper GTS
Just get an ACR Viper and with no mods you will be king of any track. It is also no slouch at the drag strip...one just ran 11.04 right off the showroom floor.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:37 PM

Sorry, that run was 11.07 at close to 130mph...in 80 degree weather.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Guys Robs run was amazing!
yes conditions were great but no otherstock 63 has gone into the 11's..

It wont happen unless.. Rob comes to MIR in his car and breaks his own record. My CLS 63 with the 530 and tune would hit 11.80's at MIR, not touching the 11.40s iof Jims BS.

No need to downgrade peoples runs, The 63 proved to be as capable as the 55 and cheaply modded to at least stage 1 55 numbers.

We have a handful of very low 12 second cars and this will improve as more C63's start running.

MIR will be great, I hope to see my good friend ROB!!!! I miss him and I hope the rumors of him selling his E are FALSE.

Call me Mr.Gixxer

Jim ............... Rob actually dispatched a BS (MACHC5) same day same track. He out trapped it and ran slightly quicker. Nothing wrong wityh Jim's BS it was hitting 118 stock just like Robs E63. The two cars were very close but Rob got the record and still has it for a stock 63.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:42 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
FWIW Rob still has the car and reads the board. I too hope to see him at MIR.

Juicee, I figured if anyone would know for sure it would be you. Any idea what the DA was that day at ATCO?

Thanks
Old 10-21-2008, 08:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
What a bright one you are. I had the ZR1 in my driveway 3.5 weeks ago, flipped it for a quick 22k...it was typical American garbage, just like my CTS-V. I assume you must of felt the same way that is why you are rolling in an M5 now.

Well, for $400k I'd hope it better be faster than a modded 4 year old E55!

Congrats on the ZR1 deal. Flipping these hyped up cars is a great way to make easy money. Same is done by many with the special edition Mustangs, the GTR, and Ferraris.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by MHP
FWIW Rob still has the car and reads the board. I too hope to see him at MIR.

Juicee, I figured if anyone would know for sure it would be you. Any idea what the DA was that day at ATCO?

Thanks
It was a great day.

not dissimilar to other days record passes are made.

negative DA date was March 11,2008 at 10:25 AM at ATCO

Robs ECU on the first pass was not reset, as the car laid down a 116 trap. It then proceeded to build hitting mid 117 and mid 118. Staying right with the record holding 55 car piloted by Enzom. Enzom did hold a very slight edge but the 63 was veryvery close performance wise same day same track. You can get an estimate for the DA from www.smokemup.com.

Whats impressive his his car when compared to the fastest stock E55 on the planet same day same track.. The numbers support the 63 in this cae was a s fast as the fastest 55 and hung with the lighter BS. Enzom hit 11.92@118.72 and Rob hit 11.95@118.53

Watch the pass on video it was flawless

http://www.dragtimes.com/2007-Merced...eos-14763.html
Old 10-21-2008, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by juicee63

It wont happen unless.. Rob comes to MIR in his car and breaks his own record.

We have a handful of very low 12 second cars and this will improve as more C63's start running.

MIR will be great, I hope to see my good friend ROB!!!! I miss him and I hope the rumors of him selling his E are FALSE.

Call me Mr.Gixxer

Gee..thanks for the vote of confidence Josh. Don't think my 12.1 at close to 117 is too shabby for a bone stock 63
considering I am twice the size of Gixxer.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
It was a great day.

not dissimilar to other days record passes are made.

negative DA date was March 11,2008 at 10:25 AM at ATCO

Robs ECU on the first pass was not reset, as the car laid down a 116 trap. It then proceeded to build hitting mid 117 and mid 118. Staying right with the record holding 55 car piloted by Enzom. Enzom did hold a very slight edge but the 63 was veryvery close performance wise same day same track. You can get an estimate for the DA from www.smokemup.com.

Whats impressive his his car when compared to the fastest stock E55 on the planet same day same track.. The numbers support the 63 in this cae was a s fast as the fastest 55 and hung with the lighter BS. Enzom hit 11.92@118.72 and Rob hit 11.95@118.53

Watch the pass on video it was flawless

http://www.dragtimes.com/2007-Merced...eos-14763.html
Not quite correct, Juicee. I could not run on that day because Tire Rack did not send me the centering rings and lugs for my wheels. The car was tearing itself apart and I backed out praying that the wheels would not fly off the car. Just reminding people here so that they understand what happened. If I ran an 11.7 and low 11.80's at that track on a worse day, I suspect I could have run in the 11.7's all morning.

Last edited by enzom; 10-21-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by 05VENOM
Gee..thanks for the vote of confidence Josh. Don't think my 12.1 at close to 117 is too shabby for a bone stock 63
considering I am twice the size of Gixxer.
Certainly not! Those are great times to be proud of
Old 10-21-2008, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It wont happen unless.. Rob comes to MIR in his car and breaks his own record. My CLS 63 with the 530 and tune would hit 11.80's at MIR, not touching the 11.40s iof Jims BS.

No need to downgrade peoples runs, The 63 proved to be as capable as the 55 and cheaply modded to at least stage 1 55 numbers.

I am not downgrading anyone's runs, 11.95 out of a bone stock 63 is more than impressive. I acknowledged that then and I acknowledge that now. I am not trying to take anything awat from his accomplisment, I'm sure that bone stock 63 record will be a long standing one. All I am saying to Italian Stallion is that there is absolutely no reason to compare my Stock time to Rob's stock time, my car was a week old, never had it to the strip before and I was running in less than desireable conditions. It was a hot(for oct. in Chicago), around 80 degrees, at a track that is at a much higher elevation than MIR. Another thing that should not matter to Italian Stallion is how much money I did or did not spend on my mods...bottom line is I have the quickest/fastest road going 63 that we know of anywhere in the world, Rob can wear his crown and I can wear mine...all I know is my car is already faster than his will ever be and I'm not done yet. If Rob wants to borrow anyones 55 and run me on a motor only race for some cash I am open to any offer. I'll take the bottle out as well as remove the NOS jets just as a courtesy. I have no question in my mind that my car on motor will be faster than ANY NON-NOS 55 out there. I already know what my 11.4 motor only pass corrects out to at MIR, now factor in 250 pound weight reduction, a CF drive shaft and new ECU/TCU tune we are talking very low 11's on a motor only pass, no 55 out there can make that claim!
Old 10-21-2008, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
I am not downgrading anyone's runs, 11.95 out of a bone stock 63 is more than impressive. I acknowledged that then and I acknowledge that now. I am not trying to take anything awat from his accomplisment, I'm sure that bone stock 63 record will be a long standing one. All I am saying to Italian Stallion is that there is absolutely no reason to compare my Stock time to Rob's stock time, my car was a week old, never had it to the strip before and I was running in less than desireable conditions. It was a hot(for oct. in Chicago), around 80 degrees, at a track that is at a much higher elevation than MIR. Another thing that should not matter to Italian Stallion is how much money I did or did not spend on my mods...bottom line is I have the quickest/fastest road going 63 that we know of anywhere in the world, Rob can wear his crown and I can wear mine...all I know is my car is already faster than his will ever be and I'm not done yet. If Rob wants to borrow anyones 55 and run me on a motor only race for some cash I am open to any offer. I'll take the bottle out as well as remove the NOS jets just as a courtesy. I have no question in my mind that my car on motor will be faster than ANY NON-NOS 55 out there. I already know what my 11.4 motor only pass corrects out to at MIR, now factor in 250 pound weight reduction, a CF drive shaft and new ECU/TCU tune we are talking very low 11's on a motor only pass, no 55 out there can make that claim!

I have no reason to doubt that, all motor, you can beat any non-N20 55 out there. I know how much reducing weight can aid a car down the strip so with the weight reduction and the new mods, I believe you will probably be the fastest MB w/o juice out there besides tuned V12TT cars...and you will probably even out-trap some of those.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
You need to check your facts and your one sided bias towards DA and how only your 63 is affected. I know it's not your fault the other posters don't help by posting da only when beneficial to 63's . My car would have easily run 11.00's to high tens on boost alone at 125 to 126 mph given any kind of negative da. I'm kicking myself for selling all my mods and putting the car back to stock, so good luck with your goal.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I have no reason to doubt that, all motor, you can beat any non-N20 55 out there. I know how much reducing weight can aid a car down the strip so with the weight reduction and the new mods, I believe you will probably be the fastest MB w/o juice out there besides tuned V12TT cars...and you will probably even out-trap some of those.
I can think of at least one reason And there is another CLK55 out there that will open ALOT of eyes (not mine).

Albert- You should have kept that beast! Hopefully I can beat that time soon with the great weather we have now
Old 10-21-2008, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I can think of at least one reason And there is another CLK55 out there that will open ALOT of eyes (not mine).

Albert- You should have kept that beast! Hopefully I can beat that time soon with the great weather we have now
Ah, true true! I hear you have some newly added goodies . You think you'll take the crown for fastest CLK? Fastest MB?

Keep it up bro and good luck at MIR! The event is right around the corner.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rflow306
You need to check your facts and your one sided bias towards DA and how only your 63 is affected. I know it's not your fault the other posters don't help by posting da only when beneficial to 63's . My car would have easily run 11.00's to high tens on boost alone at 125 to 126 mph given any kind of negative da. I'm kicking myself for selling all my mods and putting the car back to stock, so good luck with your goal.
They are not my facts that I need to check, I am going off what several other people posted and PMed me about my passes and correction figures they all rattled off. I'm with you, I hate corrected figures and until I run it in the real world, printed on a real slip, it don't matter.

One question, you claim you "could have" run 11.00's to high 10's on boost alone...why didn't you do it? How come nobody else with a 55 has? If I'm not mistaken the quickest 55 is a high 11.3.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Ah, true true! I hear you have some newly added goodies . You think you'll take the crown for fastest CLK? Fastest MB?

Keep it up bro and good luck at MIR! The event is right around the corner.
Yup, new go fast mods! I already have the crown for the fastest no nitrous CLK, i've had it for about a year now. Going for the fastest no nitrous 55 record. I wont be spraying yet so that fastest MB title is safe. Its tough competing with V12TT's!!!

Yea it is right around the corner and I'm adding a few more things before then. Its crunch time, hope I can get it all together in time! I'm bringing tools to the track so if I deem it necessary the car will no longer be full interior
Old 10-21-2008, 10:59 AM

... I already know what my 11.4 motor only pass corrects out to at MIR, now factor in 250 pound weight reduction, !
A 250lb weight reduction is tremendous!! I would take that any day over 50hp in mods!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 63 all models BEST 1/4, 1/8