Sponsored by:

Lacr Wednesday Nite

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Its getting late,Juicee63 should be in here shortly with some numbers.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
LACR Track Times - Round 2

Any new numbers yet??
Old 05-10-2007, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by SCM3
There is a big German event at LACR on May 13th Sunday. Its called German Invasion and the track is rented out privately from an Audi shop. Only German cars are allowed.

LACR is one of the worst tracks in the US. Its usually very hot, windy, sandy (dust storms on track), high altitude, no traction etc...

What have you guys ran at LACR?

My Supercharged M3 ran 11.9@123 there on a bad day.

Time slip or Ban!
Old 05-10-2007, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
When you guys do not get numbers IMEEDIATELY its because well, its because I failed to beat my FROSH times and nobody really did all that well. There were some highlights worth noting however! Trez63 came up all the way from the OC(hats of to TAN). He was dissapointed but actually ran better than he thinks. His Corrected time was 12.8@113. My corrected BEST TIME was 13.01@112. Sam recorded a 12.75@111 and another new comer Kameron, Big Dubz came all the way from SM in his CLS 55 , car did well with a corrected 12.7@113, and actually bested the 3 cls 63 times. My car with me in it performed , uh well maybe my foot is just too dam heavy! With Sam in my car he ran a 12.8@112 and the races between Sam and Tan were competitive and always or for the most part very close. Sam in my car Sam in his car seemed to be very consistent, 12.8-13.0, same with TAN. My level dropped and I failed by .5 to come close to my best time from May 4th.

When I lined up in my car I was having a difficult time getting out of the hole, box, start, whatever. I lowered the pressures and it seemed worse. I definately hate the Pirelli Rosso now! My Drag radial are going on TODAY!

On my last run of the night alone in the right lane I thought, ok man you can do it! I pulled up to the tree, one two three GREEN! I forgot ESP was on, car bogged all the way down and I ran an INCREDIBLE 15.26@103. WOOOOOHOOO. Then the long drive home...Oh the horror. The cars really are all very close so this is about technique and the launch is most critical!

I did manage a .002 reaction time but also hit the rev limiter so it ****** the run.

Sam beat the Shelby GT that had a new set of DR's, the same GT that previously I beat May 4th and tonight murdered me! Sad . Thank goodness he cannot go home saying Luxury Yachts are slow. The CLS 55 driver destroyed an M3 and M5, it was not the new M5 however! The 55 driver was very consistent as well running with in a few 10ths each and every time.

So all the tips , which I thank you guys for, they did not help. The primary reason is the track was WORSE than the first night(I did not think this possible). The correction is steeper than on May 4th! But the 15 degree difference in air TEMP sunk us from 7-10. I think at 10 it was 76 degrees!

On My 4th it was 60 !

So Sam seems to have the technique except reaction times, Tan has a fast car, good traps. I have alot of enthusiasm and a car that seems trickier to point down the track. Any comments on LSD and the 030 package and trackability are welcome. I know on the big tracks the car did better than non-030. I guess it boils down to experience and well I am just a new born.

It was still very fun and we got a TON of runs , once again 30plus

I did not lose to any ricers, I did not lose to any trucks, I lost to the Porsche and the Shelby and my Brethren in the 63!

If my DR's come today I am headed to IRWINDALE, and hopefully record some better 60 ft times

Guys the 63's are running 12.7-13. with 60 ft times above 2 seconds. Anybody want to calculate what a 1/4 mile run would be if the drivers got traction!!!Both Sam and TANS best was 2.14.

Also something strange, SAMS 63 is FAST or he is just a more skilled driver , BUT he always traps slower in his car than me in mine? Can someone explain this.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by juicee63
Time slip or Ban!
haha. Better yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpg5WT-J3Ug.

Keep in mind, no launch and no traction up top in the sandstorm.

Last edited by SCM3; 05-10-2007 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:53 PM

When you guys do not get numbers IMEEDIATELY its because well, its because I failed to beat my FROSH times and nobody really did all that well. There were some highlights worth noting however! Trez63 came up all the way from the OC(hats of to TAN). He was dissapointed but actually ran better than he thinks. His Corrected time was 12.8@113. My corrected BEST TIME was 13.01@112. Sam recorded a 12.75@111 and another new comer Kameron, Big Dubz came all the way from SM in his CLS 55 , car did well with a corrected 12.7@113, and actually bested the 3 cls 63 times. My car with me in it performed , uh well maybe my foot is just too dam heavy! With Sam in my car he ran a 12.8@112 and the races between Sam and Tan were competitive and always or for the most part very close. Sam in my car Sam in his car seemed to be very consistent, 12.8-13.0, same with TAN. My level dropped and I failed by .5 to come close to my best time from May 4th.

When I lined up in my car I was having a difficult time getting out of the hole, box, start, whatever. I lowered the pressures and it seemed worse. I definately hate the Pirelli Rosso now! My Drag radial are going on TODAY!

On my last run of the night alone in the right lane I thought, ok man you can do it! I pulled up to the tree, one two three GREEN! I forgot ESP was on, car bogged all the way down and I ran an INCREDIBLE 15.26@103. WOOOOOHOOO. Then the long drive home...Oh the horror. The cars really are all very close so this is about technique and the launch is most critical!

I did manage a .002 reaction time but also hit the rev limiter so it ****** the run.

Sam beat the Shelby GT that had a new set of DR's, the same GT that previously I beat May 4th and tonight murdered me! Sad . Thank goodness he cannot go home saying Luxury Yachts are slow. The CLS 55 driver destroyed an M3 and M5, it was not the new M5 however! The 55 driver was very consistent as well running with in a few 10ths each and every time.

So all the tips , which I thank you guys for, they did not help. The primary reason is the track was WORSE than the first night(I did not think this possible). The correction is steeper than on May 4th! But the 15 degree difference in air TEMP sunk us from 7-10. I think at 10 it was 76 degrees!

On My 4th it was 60 !

So Sam seems to have the technique except reaction times, Tan has a fast car, good traps. I have alot of enthusiasm and a car that seems trickier to point down the track. Any comments on LSD and the 030 package and trackability are welcome. I know on the big tracks the car did better than non-030. I guess it boils down to experience and well I am just a new born.

It was still very fun and we got a TON of runs , once again 30plus

I did not lose to any ricers, I did not lose to any trucks, I lost to the Porsche and the Shelby and my Brethren in the 63!

If my DR's come today I am headed to IRWINDALE, and hopefully record some better 60 ft times

Guys the 63's are running 12.7-13. with 60 ft times above 2 seconds. Anybody want to calculate what a 1/4 mile run would be if the drivers got traction!!!Both Sam and TANS best was 2.14.

Also something strange, SAMS 63 is FAST or he is just a more skilled driver , BUT he always traps slower in his car than me in mine? Can someone explain this.
Lol what are the REAL times you guys ran there? You cant be posting Corrected times like this, we all know LACR sucks but post the actual times.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
15 S550 Daily 96 Dodge Viper GTS
Talking

Sam is hooking up better or your spinning your tires. It sounds crazy but if you spin out of the hole you will gain MPH. If you hook up you lose MPH.
Ever see a top sportsman car run 10's at 100MPH because they lifted and there momentium gets the et's.

Robert
Old 05-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Lol what are the REAL times you guys ran there? You cant be posting Corrected times like this, we all know LACR sucks but post the actual times.
I'm gonna have to agree with this.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I'm gonna have to agree with this.

Actual times

Best

SAMMSONZ 13.45@104.9
TREZ63 13.5@104.0
Juicee63 13.548@108

MbzDubs Cls55 13.3@107

Posting uncorrected times seems unfair since the SAE corrections are in place to equalize for altitude and weather. I will post both from now on based on the comments above and the correction factor. K? Is that ok with you guys?

Or do you even want corrected times? Quite frankly w/o correcting them we cannot do any comparisons with other 63's and this seems counter productive. I use the NHRA correction which is accepted by everyone in the SPORT of DRAG RACING!

Here is the correction factor fro WED MAY 9th @8:50 p.m when the best runs were made (8:51) p.m

The closest weather results for 05/09/2007 at 08:51 pm

Time recorded 8:53 PM
Temperature °F 73.0
Dew Point °F 24.1
Altimeter Setting 29.92 in Mercury
Density Altitude: 4209.7 feet
Track Elelvation: 2640 feet

UnCorrected ET:
13.5 (sec) @ 108 (MPH)

Corrected ET to Sea Level:
12.802 (sec) @ 113.944 (MPH)

As you can see this accounts for WEATHER and ALTITUDE I will be correcting all the times for comparo.

A run @ ENGLISHTOWN will be corrected as well so I need the time and date of the run for it to count. The top runs in the 63 back east will be corrected even if that means a 12.57 turns into a 12.64. This keeps the level playing feild the NHRA intends, putting all cars on THE SAME TRACK.

Dragtimes and posts here about times if uncorrected cannot be used in the data pool. We must have the time and date and locale of your best run so it can be SAE corrected, basic science guys. We have to make it apples to apples.

Thanks for all your comments
Old 05-10-2007, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030

What was the date and time of your RUN in your M3? I will correct it for you and that is the time YOU SHOULD USE when comparing to cars other M3's at sea level, other tracks other countries. Comparing uncorrected times is MEANINGLESS!
Old 05-10-2007, 03:28 PM

Actual times

Best

SAMMSONZ 13.45@104.9
TREZ63 13.5@104.0
Juicee63 13.548@108

MbzDubs Cls55 13.3@107

Posting uncorrected times seems unfair since the SAE corrections are in place to equalize for altitude and weather. I will post both from now on based on the comments above and the correction factor. K? Is that ok with you guys?

Or do you even want corrected times? Quite frankly w/o correcting them we cannot do any comparisons with other 63's and this seems counter productive. I use the NHRA correction which is accepted by everyone in the SPORT of DRAG RACING!

Here is the correction factor fro WED MAY 9th @8:50 p.m when the best runs were made (8:51) p.m

The closest weather results for 05/09/2007 at 08:51 pm

Time recorded 8:53 PM
Temperature °F 73.0
Dew Point °F 24.1
Altimeter Setting 29.92 in Mercury
Density Altitude: 4209.7 feet

UnCorrected ET:
13.5 (sec) @ 108 (MPH)

12.802 (sec) @ 113.944 (MPH)

As you can see this accounts for WEATHER and ALTITUDE I will be correcting all the times for comparo.

A run @ ENGLISHTOWN will be corrected as well so I need the time and date of the run for it to count. The top runs in the 63 back east will be corrected even if that means a 12.57 turns into a 12.64. This keeps the level playing feild the NHRA intends, putting all cars on THE SAME TRACK.

Dragtimes and posts here about times if uncorrected cannot be used in the data pool. We must have the time and date and locale of your best run so it can be SAE corrected, basic science guys. We have to make it apples to apples.

Thanks for all your comments

Oh trust me i know how it feels. I put down 11.9@123 at LACR and i got **** for it hard. Thats the way it works, oh well. The east coast "faster" guys will never race us b/c were across the country from each other, if they did they would be in it for a rude awakening.

Im sure people slowly understand whats going on in the west coast tracks especially at LACR. More times like this will prove both of our points.

Now i can see a decently fast E63 runs 108mph there when it runs much more elsewhere. Likewise you can say a 500rwhp M3 ran a 123 when it probably can run close to 130 elsewhere.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:33 PM

What was the date and time of your RUN in your M3? I will correct it for you and that is the time YOU SHOULD USE when comparing to cars other M3's at sea level, other tracks other countries. Comparing uncorrected times is MEANINGLESS!

Ive done it before and gotten laughed at.

June 22, 2006 it was around 6pm i believe.

Are you using the DA calculator, where it also calculates the weather etc..?
Old 05-10-2007, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
haha. Better yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpg5WT-J3Ug.

Keep in mind, no launch and no traction up top in the sandstorm.
Very nice run!!! You got way better traction than we had. Also the tree was not activated? Your car is very IMPRESSIVE. I will see you on SUNDAY but you better give me a dial lead!!!of
Old 05-10-2007, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Ive done it before and gotten laughed at.

June 22, 2006 it was around 6pm i believe.

Are you using the DA calculator, where it also calculates the weather etc..?
UH bro YOU ARE GONNA NEED A CHUTE!!!

The closest weather results for 06/22/2006 at 06:01 pm

Time recorded 5:53 PM
Temperature °F 96.1
Dew Point °F 33.1
Altimeter Setting 29.88 in Mercury
Density Altitude: 5682.5 feet

UnCorrected ET:
11.9 (sec) @ 123 (MPH)

11.057 (sec) @ 132.306 (MPH)
Old 05-10-2007, 03:44 PM

Very nice run!!! You got way better traction than we had. Also the tree was not activated? Your car is very IMPRESSIVE. I will see you on SUNDAY but you better give me a dial lead!!!of
I was running crappy DR's still make 1.9x 60 foots, and i lose it up top. that was my old setup with 503rwhp, i make 836rwhp now. Yes the tree was activated.

See you then!
Old 05-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I understand why you post corrected times and they are a good way of comparing times. I guess my way of thinking is a little weird because I dont think you can brag about running xx.xx time @ xxxmph unless thats what you actually did. But you're right is a good comparison tool and a way to figure out what you would theoretically run at a fast track.

Sucks for you west coast guys, no pump 93 and crappy DA's with sandstorms on the track
Old 05-10-2007, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
YOUR M3 is HELLISH!

Seriously , the thread I have is going to use corrected times, we only have a handful of guys running the 63's at the tracks. The goal is to compete against eachother in an effort to learn the best ways to point the car down the track! The fastest corrected times will be used, I have no problem posting the uncorrected times but XABO 12.5 at sea level cannot be compared to Sams 13.4 @ 2700 feet? " Xabo" I ran a 12.5, Sam uh ? "i ran a 13.4" next question why is your car 1 second faster with the SAME EXACT ENGINE? its not guys sorry, you guys cannot compare the two w/o the correction it is truly NON-SENSICAL. Your M3 is FAST as all hell but you go around talking about 11.9@123? Hell stock E55s get that well at least the time. To the casual observer , your car is fast but **** , what happens when you line up against eachother? YOU BLOW THE STOCK CAR TO SMITHERINES? On paper looks like a fair race, dude its like me going against a 280 hp Maxima!!!! Its not FAIR or EQUAL race by any standard.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
I understand why you post corrected times and they are a good way of comparing times. I guess my way of thinking is a little weird because I dont think you can brag about running xx.xx time @ xxxmph unless thats what you actually did. But you're right is a good comparison tool and a way to figure out what you would theoretically run at a fast track.

Sucks for you west coast guys, no pump 93 and crappy DA's with sandstorms on the track
I am sorry if I mis-led you in any way .

I understand and for the benefit of everyone here I will post first actual and then corrected . Thank you for your comments and sympathy, it really makes for a sad track day! I think people also come out to LACR for the first time expecting the car to run 12.8@113, they see the slip and start thinking all the wrong things "my car sucks", "I am a for shi* driver" "my car is broken", etc.. Not realizing all the other factors. So the deception goes both ways. Many people here in this forum simply post a time. The casual reader than uses that time to compare to other cars w/o knowing the conditions, time, altitude, mods, weights, etc. I am just trying to get better accuracy in the data pool since we really are starting from scratch with this new engine. Also since nobody has any serious MODS yet(powerchip)maybe, the numbers being produced are very very informative as long as they post time and date , locale I can correct the slips.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:08 PM

OO7 CLS63///G55TANK ///S80-T6///R1///R6
Good point juice, Thats the way it should be compared since its on a nationwide scale. Its not like everyone is racing at LACR, and I highly doubt theres a worst track. Now lets keep this MB-MB, Stock-Stock, Mod-Mod And also, Everybody lies about thier speed (including me) so Time slips should be shown.

Bro, I cant get over how much faster and responsive the car gets after the track.

Last edited by SAMSSONZ; 05-10-2007 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I understand why you do it juicee63. Now get out there and break some records! What kinda 60' times are you getting anyway? Are you powerbraking?
Old 05-10-2007, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
I understand why you do it juicee63. Now get out there and break some records! What kinda 60' times are you getting anyway? Are you powerbraking?

Best 60 ft time is 2.14
My best run I tried the powerbrake method and I spun out , the car hit 108 but my time was still 4th best out of the other 63 and lone 55. Most of the 60 ft times are between 2.2-2.5, best 60 ft time in a 63 that I know of is Bluemax 2.03.

All of us have stock tires

Sam runs Sport Contact 3s,
Trez and I have Rosso's(pirelli)
and the 55 had BALD PS2's

I am sick of spinning so hopefully today I get my DR's

Last edited by juicee63; 05-11-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:00 PM

2004 E55 Evosport I & II; VRP H/E
Best 60 ft time is 2.14
My best run I tried the powerbrake method and I spun out , the car hit 108 but my time was still 4th best out of the other 63 and lone 55. Most of the 60 ft times are between 2.2-2.5, best 60 ft time in a 63 that I know of is Bluemax 2.03.

All of us have stock tires

Sam runs Sport Contact 3s,
Trez and I have Rosso's(pirelli)
and the 55 had stock tires.

I am sick of spinning so hopefully today I get my DR's
My best 60 ft. time at LACR was 1.870 on 6/11/05. I think that by June of 2005 I had already switched to PS2's. ESP on, very little powerbraking, just feathered the throttle.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by lbE55
My best 60 ft. time at LACR was 1.870 on 6/11/05. I think that by June of 2005 I had already switched to PS2's. ESP on, very little powerbraking, just feathered the throttle.
Wow that is a SUPER 60 ft!

I am having real difficulty with the throttle feather. Adrenaline seems to slam my foot down regardless as to how much I know I need to lay off. I will try this tonight. Hopefully the new drag radial will eliminate much of the thinking I am doing at launch.

Thanks
Old 05-11-2007, 01:29 PM

2004 E55 Evosport I & II; VRP H/E
Wow that is a SUPER 60 ft!

I am having real difficulty with the throttle feather. Adrenaline seems to slam my foot down regardless as to how much I know I need to lay off. I will try this tonight. Hopefully the new drag radial will eliminate much of the thinking I am doing at launch.

Thanks
The time slip is here: https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/110920-improving-1-4-mile-now-12-66-vs-13-04-a.html

I have lived your comments; it's very difficult to not slam your foot down. I have tried launching every which way: powerbraking; ESP on; ESP off; sport, manual, and even comfort transmission modes; all different suspension modes; feathering the throttle vs. mashing it.

Someone gave some advice on taking good notes on what your 60 ft. time is and then writing down what settings you used on a particular launch. For me, I saw a pattern develop that my best launches were: drive around the waterbox; turn esp off and do a quick (little burn-out); turn esp back on; launch with transmission in sport mode; powerbrake (if you can call it that) to around 1,000 rpms; go on the last yellow light; feather the throttle.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
I'm with Blackbenz on this. Posting corrected times seems a bit "strange". I know I am lucky to be living within short drives of Atco and Englishtown. So I fear people may tell me that it is "easy for me to say". But here goes:

I understand the point of corrections, but I think it is imprecise, and subject to much debate. Sort of like taking rear wheel dyno figures and trying to estimate flywheel horsepower. A difference of 2% in assumed drivetrain loss for most E55's can be a difference of 13 hp or more.

Also, while all cars are affected by elevation changes, forced induction cars are affected to a lesser extent. So running the same corrections for N/A and FI cars (if that's what is being done) does not give you an even comparison between two cars on the same day.

Saying I ran a 13.1 at LACR on a 96 degree day says enough to most of us. We know what a crappy track it is. Saying I ran a "corrected" 12.6 @ 114 just begs the question - how "slow" was my actual time? Makes it seem worse than it is.

When I submit a timeslip to dragtimes, I note the track, the temp and if I know it, the DA. People can make whatever adjustments they'd like to it, but the slip can't be questioned for its accuracy.

And if people want to start posting corrected times, it should be very clear that the times are not actual. Believe me, threads and posts will be cross-referenced, and someone will accuse someone of trying to play games if it isn't abundantly clear that the time is corrected. I know when I see an uncorrected dyno sheet on other boards, I can't help but think that the person posting it is hoping to fool people who are too dumb to know that standard corrections would reduce the peak levles considerably.

Keep racing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lacr Wednesday Nite