W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New E55 garage mate......RS4 is here (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 05:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
Originally Posted by transferred
You are a moron.

Moving on. Congrats, Rock. The most agressive looking sedan on the market. The twin oval pipes, the wheels, the arches, the brakes- it looks like pure sex. I saw a yellow one today which totally ruined the whole point of the car but in black or gray the thing is unbeliveable. I've come up againt two and been killed both times. The exit speed from tight bends is going to leave 99.99percent of things behind. They just stick with those 255s sharing the power.

Once more, congrats. One of the most exhilarating cars on the road. As for a V8 with an 8,250 redline For me, the new M3 is just not going to match up and I'm a BM guy.
ive been wanting to run one, would be a good run if its driven properly
Old 05-31-2007, 09:32 AM

'07 E63 Wagon - Iridium Silver, '05 A8L W12, '05 S4, '04 LX470, '04 Denali
Congrats Rock on a pretty sick RS4! I've been seriously considering trading in my 2005.5 B7 S4 for an RS4 but am thinking maybe about ordering a 2008 because I can't find many at the dealers in the area. Looking forward to a write-up!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Rock, are you planning any mods at all? I know you said you were keeping it stock- and I don't blame you- but there are couple of very minor things you may be interested in.

Miltek offer an exhaust which is supposed to add 15bhp & 15lb/ft.

However, I'm more interested in the exterior. I've been agonizing about whether or not it's worth dechroming my S4. Around the windows, front grille and exhausts. Maybe even gunmetal the wheels. I'll be leaving the mirrors of course. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the matter.

This is the only way the look of a black RS4 could be improved as I have to say congrats once again as it is one stunning vehicle. Those wheels and arches are just

Also, if you could share your initial driving experiences i'm sure everyone would like to know. Hope it's worn in and you can hit 8,250rpm.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:59 PM

Audi S4 Avant and BMW X5 4.4
Originally Posted by phonetics
no offence but ... one ugly car... looks like camry or civic...

you are a Tool.......period
Old 06-04-2007, 09:10 PM

Audi S4 Avant and BMW X5 4.4
Originally Posted by AMG_55
ive been wanting to run one, would be a good run if its driven properly
vs. your 997S or E55? It's no contest vs an E55, no matter who is behind the RS4. They are only 106-110 MPH trap cars. In a straightline, your 997S would be a good run, but would pull away from one pretty handily as well, at least from our comparisons that we have donw. We did B7 RS4 vs the following cars: Chipped 335i, 997S, stock E46 M3 with just 3.91 Gears, and my S4. Of course we are comparing mostly modded vs stock RS4, but all the aforementioned cars ended up ahead of the RS4. That being said though.....the RS4 is a fantastic machine. From handling and its agressive yet gorgeous exterior lines, to interior fit and finish, and stability at speeds.....its is wonderful. It is a great daily driver, and very engaging and rewarding to drive. I only wish it had a little more power.....as it is quite heavy in stock weight. Congrat again to Rock, it's an excellent choice and compliments your E55 very nicely
Old 06-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Rock, are you planning any mods at all? I know you said you were keeping it stock- and I don't blame you- but there are couple of very minor things you may be interested in.

Miltek offer an exhaust which is supposed to add 15bhp & 15lb/ft.
Carl, I am planning to keep this car for three years so I do not expect to get too crazy. The dealership that I purchased the car from was Fred Baker Porsche, and Fred is a professional race car driver and pretty cool about offering aftermarket modification. I did a Hoppen mod on the last Allroad that I got from him and that thing flew.

I am familiar with the Miltek exhaust but I have a hard time believing it could make this car sound any better. The added power may make me consider a change.

However, I'm more interested in the exterior. I've been agonizing about whether or not it's worth dechroming my S4. Around the windows, front grille and exhausts. Maybe even gunmetal the wheels. I'll be leaving the mirrors of course. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the matter..
I actually love all the exterior chrome accents. The only things I know I will change is the fogs (to the Hoens) and I want to get the clear side lenses. Any links would be appreciated.

Also, if you could share your initial driving experiences I'm sure everyone would like to know. Hope it's worn in and you can hit 8,250rpm.
I'm still breaking the car in but I will tell you I absolutely love this car!!!! It was raining like hell tonight on the way home, and you know what?............... this car could care less. This thing is so effortless and sure footed that it makes me feel like Michael Schumacher every time I go for a drive.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by EvilllEmpirE
vs. your 997S or E55? It's no contest vs an E55, no matter who is behind the RS4. They are only 106-110 MPH trap cars. In a straightline, your 997S would be a good run, but would pull away from one pretty handily as well, at least from our comparisons that we have donw. We did B7 RS4 vs the following cars: Chipped 335i, 997S, stock E46 M3 with just 3.91 Gears, and my S4. Of course we are comparing mostly modded vs stock RS4, but all the aforementioned cars ended up ahead of the RS4. That being said though.....the RS4 is a fantastic machine. From handling and its agressive yet gorgeous exterior lines, to interior fit and finish, and stability at speeds.....its is wonderful. It is a great daily driver, and very engaging and rewarding to drive. I only wish it had a little more power.....as it is quite heavy in stock weight. Congrat again to Rock, it's an excellent choice and compliments your E55 very nicely
I agree with all of your points and will add just a couple of things. The RS4 is not the best at any one thing but it is very good at all things.

It offers excellent power and handling as well as exceptional build quality and luxury. A high tech and exotic sounding power plant are also part of its forte. Finally, its exclusivity and sublime good looks make it the perfect mate for a beastly but beautiful E55.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by EvilllEmpirE
997S
i test drove a rs4 and those thing pull up top
if they sold an avant here i think i might have went for that b/c i mtn bike, my bikes been sitting in the garage since like last august
driving>biking

edit: how hard did the 997 pull on it?
Old 06-05-2007, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by Rock
Carl, I am planning to keep this car for three years so I do not expect to get too crazy. The dealership that I purchased the car from was Fred Baker Porsche, and Fred is a professional race car driver and pretty cool about offering aftermarket modification. I did a Hoppen mod on the last Allroad that I got from him and that thing flew.

I am familiar with the Miltek exhaust but I have a hard time believing it could make this car sound any better. The added power may make me consider a change.

I actually love all the exterior chrome accents. The only things I know I will change is the fogs (to the Hoens) and I want to get the clear side lenses. Any links would be appreciated.

I'm still breaking the car in but I will tell you I absolutely love this car!!!! It was raining like hell tonight on the way home, and you know what?............... this car could care less. This thing is so effortless and sure footed that it makes me feel like Michael Schumacher every time I go for a drive.

Rock, here's a short review on the exhaust from Evo mgazine. 20bhp claimed, in fact.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evol.../audi_rs4.html

I'm unfamiliar with the Hoens fog lamp upgrade and unfortunately do not have any links for clear side lenses. I've been meaning to do that myself for more than a year. One other thing I may do is have my rear lights tinted as the red is a little too 'red' when offset against my black.

Glad you're loving the car. In adverse weather conditions it's is probably the quickest car on the road. There certainly aren't many faster. Remember to update once it's broken in.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:32 AM

07 BMW X5
Congrats on the car and welcome to Audiworld. A fellow owner of an A4 myself, soon to be an E55 owner. I've had mine a little over a year and it's all around a great car. If you are every in the Bay Area you should take it to the guys a StaSis Engineering (www.stasisengineering.com), the guys there are great to work with. Matter of fact when I was getting my co's installed they had one in the shop fresh from someone in LA.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:42 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Dave,

Congrats my friend!!! The RS4 is a beautiful car!!

Hmm.. Wanna do some R&D and see if we can make some custom heads & supercharger kit for it??? LOL... And don't try to tell me you're going to leave it stock... hahahaha..

Enjoy it!!