Sponsored by:

Lowering mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 WHITE RENNTECH E55
Lowering mods

Does anyone know the differences in the lowering mods of renntech, kleemann, brabus, etc. They all claim to do the same thing but do some lower the car more than others or any other perks.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:34 AM

Viper/Z06/E55/GT500
From what I know, the Kleeman goes a little lower than the Brabus.

Then there is the new renntech that I think is adjustable, but now sure how low it goes.

Mine has Kleeman.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Get the RennTech one.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....8&postcount=11
Old 06-01-2007, 11:03 AM

My choice would be Renntech.

Heres the info I copied from Renntechs website to better explain why....

"This all new lowering module does away the analog control of competitors and replaces it with a module that is controlled by four digital microprocessors. Digital control eliminates the temperature variations as well as any inconsistencies of the older generation modules. This module will fit any ABC or AirMatic Mercedes using a user selectable switch.

The digital design also allows for a module that can be adjusted to provide any height between stock to a ground slammed 50mm lower. This is achieved by individual wheel height adjustment. Using eight position rotary switches the user can adjust each front wheel and the rear axle height individually."

Also its the least expensive of the modules.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Originally Posted by MOROSO55
Does anyone know the differences in the lowering mods of renntech, kleemann, brabus, etc. They all claim to do the same thing but do some lower the car more than others or any other perks.
If you dont need adjustability option inside the cabin/while driving, you can always purchase the adjustable air ride links from www.adjustableairride.com or EuroElites. John's products has been top notch for some of my clients in the Bay Area.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 CLK63 Cab
Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
If you dont need adjustability option inside the cabin/while driving, you can always purchase the adjustable air ride links from www.adjustableairride.com or EuroElites. John's products has been top notch for some of my clients in the Bay Area.
Thanks Adam!!!!

And thank to everyone else who has ordered it!!!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 02:41 PM

07 SL550 / 07 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
I have done these and they work well.

I am having two problems though, first is that my rear wheels are not at an even height, I don't know how to fix this as the rear lifts the whole axle (only one sensor in the rear) and not just one wheel, so, I have no idea why one rear side is lower than the other.

Second, When the speed goes higher than 121 KM the vehicle automatically lowers to the lower setting. This is very bad as I have the wheels pretty tucked in this setting and I only use it for parking. It happened last night and I couldn't figure why the ride got so ruff with slight rubbing, then I looked and seen it was in the lower setting, after testing I found it automatically changes to lower setting at 121 KM.

Any idea why the rear passenger side is higher than the drivers side?
Also, is this normal for the car to lower when accelerating past 121?

Thanks Guys,
Sean.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 CLK63 Cab
Originally Posted by Sean03S55
I have done these and they work well.

I am having two problems though, first is that my rear wheels are not at an even height, I don't know how to fix this as the rear lifts the whole axle (only one sensor in the rear) and not just one wheel, so, I have no idea why one rear side is lower than the other.

Second, When the speed goes higher than 121 KM the vehicle automatically lowers to the lower setting. This is very bad as I have the wheels pretty tucked in this setting and I only use it for parking. It happened last night and I couldn't figure why the ride got so ruff with slight rubbing, then I looked and seen it was in the lower setting, after testing I found it automatically changes to lower setting at 121 KM.

Any idea why the rear passenger side is higher than the drivers side?
Also, is this normal for the car to lower when accelerating past 121?

Thanks Guys,
Sean.
Sean

Your car will still lower with the links at high speeds. It only goes down about a 1/4". If you have it set at the high setting it should not go to the low. Maybe you pressed the button by accident. I have heard of a few vehicles where the rear is at a different height. 2 posibilites.
1. the front may not be even, which will cause a teader tauder effect
2. You prob never noticed it before lowering.

I would check to make sure the front is level and if it really bothers you put the stock links back on, check again to make sure the level is off and take it to the dealer.

If you have any more questions you can call me any time.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:25 PM

E63, SL 550 Sport,C63 Coupe On the Way!!
I used links on my 220 S55 years back how much are the E211 links?

I called Renntech today I like their module but i dont like the fact of hacking wires to hook it up, i am just afraid being in NY and so close to MBUSA if an airmatic issue comes up they will point fingers at this piggyback module and those air springs are very expensive, i know on the S they are at least