Notices
W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New E63 w 030 perf. pkg. w/pics

 
Old 06-11-2007, 11:17 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NYC-NJ
Posts: 253
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 SL600
New E63 w 030 perf. pkg. w/pics

Sorry Guys,

But I got sick the day after taking delivery (5/26). I'm finally feeling better enough. I was pissed having this in the garage and not being able to have fun - well I still did a little but really couldn't do what I wanted. It only has 750 miles so i couldn't tell you much except that at 140MPH it turns about 3500 RPM. Yesterday the car started to vibrate at just about any speed. It is noticeable from 45-110 +(didn't want to check it any higher). I'm in Manhattan until Thurs. and will go straight to the dealer in NJ. Hope it's just a tire out of round or something else that's minor. Can't believe it's the balance since it's noticeable at a wide range of speeds. Hope it is though. Anyway the suspension is stiff for potted streets or roads but intense for handling on good ones. the car was glued until yesterday with the vibration (not to harsh but noticeable). Anyway here are some pics.

I thought it was curious that this car calls for 93 octane. I'm glad since that is what premium around here is but are they all like that? How about in CA? This is the first MB, or car for that matter, that is rated for 93 that I have had. What tire pressure are you guys running?

Thx.
Attached Thumbnails New E63 w 030 perf. pkg. w/pics-img_0536-copy.jpg   New E63 w 030 perf. pkg. w/pics-img_0537-copy.jpg   New E63 w 030 perf. pkg. w/pics-img_0532-copy.jpg   New E63 w 030 perf. pkg. w/pics-img_0539-copy.jpg   New E63 w 030 perf. pkg. w/pics-img_0529-copy.jpg  


Last edited by pablo4.2; 06-11-2007 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Forgot something
pablo4.2 is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 12:06 AM
  #2  
Member
 
tucsonbroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 207
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'15 E63S P30
Welcome to the ubersedan club!
tucsonbroker is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 12:10 AM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
baldmike73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,831
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
'14 E63s Estate & '15 GL350
those wheels off the S class?
baldmike73 is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 12:14 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NYC-NJ
Posts: 253
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 SL600
No, they come with the 030 perf. pkg. option. It also has Sport Susp.
LSD
186 MPH governor
"Limited Edition"

It also has everything except Distronic (inc. Burl Walnut).

Originally Posted by baldmike73 View Post
those wheels off the S class?

Last edited by pablo4.2; 06-12-2007 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Forgot something
pablo4.2 is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 12:16 AM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
ProV1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Baltimore MD
Posts: 1,461
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB, BMW
beautiful. hopefully you'll get the vibration issue resolved asap.

btw 3500rpm @ 140?? is 7th geared insanely low for 200+ top speed? hopefully overall gearing isn't such that it's maxxed out for topspeed, not lowend pull.

i'd be interested in full details on 030 pkg.
ProV1 is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 12:21 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NYC-NJ
Posts: 253
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 SL600
Thx, I hope so too.

It'sgeared like all E63's. 7th gear is really long but it's ok. There's another 6.

Pls see above for all components of 030.

Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
beautiful. hopefully you'll get the vibration issue resolved asap.

btw 3500rpm @ 140?? is 7th geared insanely low for 200+ top speed? hopefully overall gearing isn't such that it's maxxed out for topspeed, not lowend pull.

i'd be interested in full details on 030 pkg.
pablo4.2 is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 12:39 AM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BoBcanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto,ON
Posts: 2,793
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Video or BAN!
BoBcanada is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 12:39 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: san diego
Posts: 351
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E63,03 c4s,01 tahoe, 00 RL
very nice
03c4s is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 01:25 AM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
MB_Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California, USA
Posts: 9,137
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
E63 With 030 Package

Congrats... Awsome car, you beat me to it...

Please keep me updated on the vibration issue.
MB_Forever is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 01:41 AM
  #10  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 559
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1973 Yugo
Nice car , but the wheels don't so anything for me and I like the other E63 wheels ALOT better, IMO
cicbenz is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 02:02 AM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,990
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
nice car!

Congratz it looks wonderful!

Please see if you time to weight those rims... I'm curious to see if the 030 on the E class are also 8-10 lbs heavier than the normal ones.
SLK55R is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 02:20 AM
  #12  
Super Moderator
 
BenzoBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 11,664
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
welcome!!!
BenzoBoi is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 02:27 AM
  #13  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
kaze81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: CA
Posts: 1,168
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes
Congrats on the new E63 with the 030 pkg. You are the first person that I know have it. I like the wheels and actually both the regular and this wheel are nice.

Hopefully your vibration issue will be solved soon
kaze81 is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 02:29 AM
  #14  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Carl Lassiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: L.A., CA
Posts: 2,146
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by pablo4.2 View Post
I thought it was curious that this car calls for 93 octane. I'm glad since that is what premium around here is but are they all like that? How about in CA? This is the first MB, or car for that matter, that is rated for 93 that I have had. What tire pressure are you guys running?

Thx.
That's the Euro rating for octane so worry not. 91 in the USA equates to 95 in Europe (which also gets 97and 98 ron which i miss).

To clarify- the E63 like my S4 would not react kindly to 87, could live with 89 but only deserves 91
Carl Lassiter is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 02:48 AM
  #15  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,922
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter View Post
That's the Euro rating for octane so worry not. 91 in the USA equates to 95 in Europe (which also gets 97and 98 ron which i miss).

To clarify- the E63 like my S4 would not react kindly to 87, could live with 89 but only deserves 91

Well the flap actually says 98 RON (93 with our us calculation). So this car likely has the wrong sticker unless all 63's have this requirement. Funny thing is that 91 will be the nation wide premium grade in the not so distant future so I bet that sticker is a mistake for a US spec car.

I have driven saab Turbo cars that were tuned for 98 RON and sold in California and they knocked and pinged like no ones business. I sure hope MB is not doing the same.

And those tire pressure ratings must be 030 specific as I have never seen any MB have a 45/49 rating for psi! Glad to see they realize that speed requires more pressure and that equal front to rear pressures makes for more neutral dynamics.
CynCarvin32 is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 01:35 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NYC-NJ
Posts: 253
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 SL600
The car is actually tuned for 93 octane. That is what the dealer told me. What do yours say RE: this and tire pressures?

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32 View Post
Well the flap actually says 98 RON (93 with our us calculation). So this car likely has the wrong sticker unless all 63's have this requirement. Funny thing is that 91 will be the nation wide premium grade in the not so distant future so I bet that sticker is a mistake for a US spec car.

I have driven saab Turbo cars that were tuned for 98 RON and sold in California and they knocked and pinged like no ones business. I sure hope MB is not doing the same.

And those tire pressure ratings must be 030 specific as I have never seen any MB have a 45/49 rating for psi! Glad to see they realize that speed requires more pressure and that equal front to rear pressures makes for more neutral dynamics.
pablo4.2 is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 01:56 PM
  #17  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
MB_Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California, USA
Posts: 9,137
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
E63 030 Gas Rating

Originally Posted by pablo4.2 View Post
The car is actually tuned for 93 octane. That is what the dealer told me. What do yours say RE: this and tire pressures?
If the car is REALLY tuned for 93 octane, then I'm screwed !!!! I live in California, and the city I'm in, I can't get anything higher than 91. I would have to go to LA (1.5 hours) to get 93 and higher...
MB_Forever is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 02:01 PM
  #18  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,922
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by MB_Forever View Post
If the car is REALLY tuned for 93 octane, then I'm screwed !!!! I live in California, and the city I'm in, I can't get anything higher than 91. I would have to go to LA (1.5 hours) to get 93 and higher...
No it must be a mistake as MB makes all cars 91 oct ready. The usa has plans to make all states use 91 oct as its premium level fuel soon so MB would not bring a car tuned only for 93 (98 RON) fuel. If so the car is fine on 91 oct and 93 could be better.

These cars have pretty advanced fuel mapping so it will likely run fine on either of the fuels. Higher is always better but MB cant expect you to run a mix of 100 and 91 to make the car work properly.

I dont have an E63 so I cant comment about what my car says. I am sure other forum members can comment however.

All I can think is that MAYBE the car should have 98 RON fuel if you plan to use the 186 raised speed limiter setting for an extended period of time. Clearly the tire pressures are adjusted for the added speed on the flap and maybe the fuel is along the same line of reasoning.
CynCarvin32 is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 02:03 PM
  #19  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,922
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by pablo4.2 View Post
The car is actually tuned for 93 octane. That is what the dealer told me. What do yours say RE: this and tire pressures?
I would really be interested in knowing the low down on the fuel issue. Most dealerships are would not know if the fuel rating really was 93 and they likely are just saying its 93 to agree with what the flap says.

MB makes one car for all 50 states so this cant be an issue of a car being sold to a area that happens to have 93 oct fuel available at the pump.

Looks like we need more research here.
CynCarvin32 is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 02:09 PM
  #20  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Carl Lassiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: L.A., CA
Posts: 2,146
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by MB_Forever View Post
If the car is REALLY tuned for 93 octane, then I'm screwed !!!! I live in California, and the city I'm in, I can't get anything higher than 91. I would have to go to LA (1.5 hours) to get 93 and higher...
It's 91 in 99 percent of places in L.A. Infact, in two years I haven't seen higher here.

As regards what dealers say, they are largely clueless. I went in to enquire about the forthcoming RS6 and the guy told me matter of factly how it will have 650 bhp. I just raised my eyebrows as it was not worth telling him he was wrong.
Carl Lassiter is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 05:04 PM
  #21  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
juicee63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hollywood CA
Posts: 6,944
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32 View Post
I would really be interested in knowing the low down on the fuel issue. Most dealerships are would not know if the fuel rating really was 93 and they likely are just saying its 93 to agree with what the flap says.

MB makes one car for all 50 states so this cant be an issue of a car being sold to a area that happens to have 93 oct fuel available at the pump.

Looks like we need more research here.
Mine says 93 and you cannot get 93 in California. 100, 103, 109 etc but I have never seen 93. I am goingto put 100 in , betcha I get better performance. Could be why the 63 is seeing such performance variances.
juicee63 is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 05:09 PM
  #22  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
juicee63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hollywood CA
Posts: 6,944
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
http://personal.linkline.com/dbarton..._in_SoCal.html

Heres a link for California drivers seeking higher octane
juicee63 is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 05:30 PM
  #23  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NYC-NJ
Posts: 253
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 SL600
Thx. Can someone with an E63 that doesn't have the 030 look at their flap and let us know what it says about the octane. Could it be that only 030's are tuned for 93?

Originally Posted by juicee63 View Post
Mine says 93 and you cannot get 93 in California. 100, 103, 109 etc but I have never seen 93. I am goingto put 100 in , betcha I get better performance. Could be why the 63 is seeing such performance variances.
pablo4.2 is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 05:56 PM
  #24  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Jrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So.Ca.
Posts: 3,042
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Just got back from my local dealer,they have one on the lot.Great looking cars!
Jrocket is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 06:23 PM
  #25  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,922
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by juicee63 View Post
Mine says 93 and you cannot get 93 in California. 100, 103, 109 etc but I have never seen 93. I am goingto put 100 in , betcha I get better performance. Could be why the 63 is seeing such performance variances.
That is nuts then. MB should know better than to make a car require gas few people can find. As we go towards 91 oct across the country to help the environment and create less of a gas segmentation (for supply) the will not be any more 93 one day.

If it is indeed made for 93 there should be some power left in the cars on 91 oct. Someone could go dyno the cars on the two grades of gas and let us know. Trouble is you would have to really run low on 91 oct before getting the car back filled with 93 oct for the next test.

Thanks Juicee.
CynCarvin32 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New E63 w 030 perf. pkg. w/pics


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: