Sponsored by:

Cooling Mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 WHITE RENNTECH E55
Cooling Mods

What is out there for cooling mods? I see guys in there profile with 10fan mod, johnson ic pump, upgrade thermostat and stuff like that. What are average prices of these small mods parts + installation and where can I get them? The reason why Im asking is cause my machine runs rediciously hot. The thermostat in the car reads in the middle like normal but I can litteraly cook a steak on the hood and fenders on a cool day. The MB dealership by me says its normal but I just dont feel comfortable with that degree of heat plus it definitly affects the performace of the car after a few runs. Every time I've asked about the johnson ic pump and having them install it the dealer says not to get that one and to get the renntech one. At first I thought It was a good idea before I found out about the $3000 some odd price difference. I THINK NOT. Yes, I know modding this car is expensive, but thats just getting plain stupid. If anyone knows about how to cool down these 55's a bit without spending crazy money please share it with us

Old 06-17-2007, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 EuroElites E55
yes the renntech is silly over priced but it not just a pump its a heat exchanger also! it does work i have it, you have all rennntech parts so i would probably get that also. or you could use the evo kit witch is the same stuff but a lil cheaper.