W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

SL65 vs tuned M6

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-28-2007 | 09:02 PM

Hooptie
Originally Posted by RussRamz
The Z06 didn't really dust me at all. In the first race, the gentleman missed 5th gear and we did the race again. During the second race, he managed to get 5th gear and I pulled him in before we passed the cones.

This is why I wished I had raced the CGT again. The Z06 did well against it as well as the SLR which I didn't race at all. The SLR driver left early and I missed out.
According to the Z06 owner, he won the race but you were catching him in your 558 rwhp car...oops, i mean, 445 rwhp car..

"Kelllners M6: This M6 is tuned to 570 Hp by Kellners in Germany. The driver was an American living in Germany calling himself Ruzzrams on the Internet. This M6 is really fast and has a very loud and raw sound...In the first race against the M6 I did the same driver error as above so we decided to go for a rerun.....In the rerun I drove almost perfect except for hitting the rev limiter once which actually didn't matter much....I managed to win over the M6.....But I could notice how he gained on me as I went into 5th gear........had we gone further and in higher speeds I think he would be faster"
Old 06-28-2007 | 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
in case some of you don't know, russramz doesn't exhibit the same character over on m5board as he does here. over there he makes completely contradictory statements than he does on other forums and often gets that "bmwish" attitude toward those that simply bring up the many discrepancies in his stories. unless the m5board mods have censored (oops, i mean "edited or cleaned up" as they like to call it) it's all there for anyone to read.
Old 06-28-2007 | 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by chiromikey
in case some of you don't know, russramz doesn't exhibit the same character over on m5board as he does here. over there he makes completely contradictory statements than he does on other forums and often gets that "bmwish" attitude toward those that simply bring up the many discrepancies in his stories. unless the m5board mods have censored (oops, i mean "edited or cleaned up" as they like to call it) it's all there for anyone to read.
Yes I agree hence my post up above which I extracted from M5board. Then at the end of the thread GUSTAV states that this guy does not have any personal attacks in the last paragraphs. GUSTAV is a real TOOL and this guy ,along with T-Bone and some others just look to antagaonize and start fights with folks who differ with their opinions concerning their "M" cars. Should I just call them his Cronnies!

PS Just goto the Kellners M6 vs Supra post on the www.m5board.com and you'll see how they berate the Supra and debate heavily with me when I tell them about the fact that the Supra they had was not a good running example.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-29-2007 at 06:18 AM.
Old 06-28-2007 | 10:25 PM

Well I know the Supra was runnign properly. I cannot inspect the cars I invite, that uis up to the owners.

coolcarski aka projectc55 you are such a nice friendly guy
Old 06-28-2007 | 10:43 PM

'10 E63
Well if this RussRamz is actually the driver in the video, the guy who after getting monkey raped by the CGT claimed the CGT started early and then observed "I think he would have beaten me anyway," well, this is for you RussRamz:
Old 06-29-2007 | 01:02 AM

BMW M6
Gents,

I don't spend a lot of time over on this board because I don't own a Merc. If I did, I am sure I would defend my fellow Merc board members if I felt they were being ganged-up on. Nobody likes a bully.

As for claims that I have had contradictory statements--I can understand that perspective to a certain point. I have tried to be as patient and let much of the smack-talking roll off my back. I do get a little fired-up when certain people repeatedly make comments about a race being staged, or the race having a different outcome only if..., etc. This ultimately comes back to Gustav and the conspiracy surrounding these videos that he posts.

I am a BMW owner and I like my car as you all like your cars. I don't mind folks participating in discussions contrary to what I might believe, but when things start getting ugly and I KNOW something to not be true--I'm going to defend my fellow board members regardless if he is the admin or not. I would expect you all would do the same.

I have seen some members here reign in some of the hot-heads on this forum and that's good to see. If I offended anyone here I didn't mean to, but that's going to happen from time to time I guess.

Some of you here, on the M6board and on some of the video sites have made observations about the races where one seems to win and one seems to lose. The validity of the races going to such high speeds, the starting roll, etc. Please take all of it with a grain of salt. This is how the races were conducted at this event and the past two airfield events too. If we did competition at the Nordschleife, or from a standing position, or just to 100 kph, etc... There would be those of us who would argue that if the races were done in one of the other ways I just mentioned, it would be different. I'm sure they would be.

Some of you also feel that my feelings are hurt when I lose a race. For instance, the CGT beat me handily in the video. Yes I would like to have done better, but on that particular race I lost BADLY. I am sure that makes some of you very pleased. For the CGT guy that beat me-- Good race and great job!

I'm sure there is something I may have missed, but for now I need to put on my uniform and go to work.

No hard feelings I hope. None here.

So long for now guys...
Old 06-29-2007 | 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Gents,

I don't spend a lot of time over on this board because I don't own a Merc. If I did, I am sure I would defend my fellow Merc board members if I felt they were being ganged-up on. Nobody likes a bully.

As for claims that I have had contradictory statements--I can understand that perspective to a certain point. I have tried to be as patient and let much of the smack-talking roll off my back. I do get a little fired-up when certain people repeatedly make comments about a race being staged, or the race having a different outcome only if..., etc. This ultimately comes back to Gustav and the conspiracy surrounding these videos that he posts.

I am a BMW owner and I like my car as you all like your cars. I don't mind folks participating in discussions contrary to what I might believe, but when things start getting ugly and I KNOW something to not be true--I'm going to defend my fellow board members regardless if he is the admin or not. I would expect you all would do the same.

I have seen some members here reign in some of the hot-heads on this forum and that's good to see. If I offended anyone here I didn't mean to, but that's going to happen from time to time I guess.

Some of you here, on the M6board and on some of the video sites have made observations about the races where one seems to win and one seems to lose. The validity of the races going to such high speeds, the starting roll, etc. Please take all of it with a grain of salt. This is how the races were conducted at this event and the past two airfield events too. If we did competition at the Nordschleife, or from a standing position, or just to 100 kph, etc... There would be those of us who would argue that if the races were done in one of the other ways I just mentioned, it would be different. I'm sure they would be.

Some of you also feel that my feelings are hurt when I lose a race. For instance, the CGT beat me handily in the video. Yes I would like to have done better, but on that particular race I lost BADLY. I am sure that makes some of you very pleased. For the CGT guy that beat me-- Good race and great job!

I'm sure there is something I may have missed, but for now I need to put on my uniform and go to work.

No hard feelings I hope. None here.

So long for now guys...
Ahhhh,dont sweat the small stuff.Its just the internet anyway.

American living in Germany that wears a uniform? Armed forces over there?

Really like the vid you put up of the M6 going through the turns,great stuff.Car sounded good!
Old 06-29-2007 | 06:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Gustav

coolcarski aka projectc55 you are such a nice friendly guy
Thanx for the compliment. Many of us feel the same way about you too! I've even got pm's concerning your glorious character from members of your own board. Your such a swell guy..
Old 06-29-2007 | 11:36 AM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
hmmm now is Ramz car possibly faster than Adam's Ruf turbo then? If so then that would make Rams car almost as fast as a Renntech CL65.
Is it?

I wasn't aware that they had ever driven against each other.

Did you confuse things?
Old 06-29-2007 | 12:12 PM
Almost a Member!

Apparently this BMW is the fastest car on the planet. This is just a freaking joke. At first with their "gearing advantage" at least they had a feasible excuse.. but to beat a Renntech 65, or a Ruf Turbo.. lets just get real and all stop wasting our time with this guy. There is either nitrous involved, significantly more power than they claim (though I don't see how considering that engine is almost maxxed).

Why don't we see a dyno plot Gustav? How about you tell us how much your "570" kit costs.

The delta necessary between the relative output of these cars for these outcomes is too great to explain.. tuned or not. Next let's see Gustav outrun a top fuel dragster.
Old 06-29-2007 | 12:53 PM

BMW M6
Originally Posted by RS-Kicker
Is it?

Did you confuse things?
I didn't race the Ruf.
Old 06-29-2007 | 12:56 PM

BMW M6
Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies
Apparently this BMW is the fastest car on the planet. This is just a freaking joke. At first with their "gearing advantage" at least they had a feasible excuse.. but to beat a Renntech 65, or a Ruf Turbo.. lets just get real and all stop wasting our time with this guy. There is either nitrous involved, significantly more power than they claim (though I don't see how considering that engine is almost maxxed).

Why don't we see a dyno plot Gustav? How about you tell us how much your "570" kit costs.

The delta necessary between the relative output of these cars for these outcomes is too great to explain.. tuned or not. Next let's see Gustav outrun a top fuel dragster.
I have no nitrous and if you search a bit, you can find a photograph of my dyno plot that Kelleners did when my car was tuned.
Old 06-29-2007 | 03:33 PM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies
Apparently this BMW is the fastest car on the planet. This is just a freaking joke. At first with their "gearing advantage" at least they had a feasible excuse.. but to beat a Renntech 65, or a Ruf Turbo.. lets just get real and all stop wasting our time with this guy.
LOL!

At least put som effort in reading what this is about.

You've got TooManyHobbies...the M6 NEVER raved the Renntech65 or the Ruf Turbo...

The Ruf R Turbo 650 and Ruf Rt12 came out as total winners, with a Porsche Carrera GT third. MB SLR McLaren as fourth, so all MB lovers had their victory above BMW if you like.

Staged? Yeah right...
Old 06-29-2007 | 03:34 PM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
I didn't race the Ruf.
Exactly my point.
Old 06-30-2007 | 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Is it?

Did you confuse things?
No! My point was that if Russ's M6 can run down a Stock SL65 like the video shows, would he be able tto run down a modded CL65. My original thought was that the SL65 was modded and not stck. Here you see the CL65 catching and does eventually pass Adam's Ruff R at very high speeds(per converation with Adam). If Russ's car is faster than the SL65(which I realize is stck) I was wondering at the time would his car be faster than Adam's Ruff as a result?

I don't think so!!! But if I'm wrng I wanted to know. That's all.
Old 06-30-2007 | 12:13 PM

BMW M6
No! My point was that if Russ's M6 can run down a Stock SL65 like the video shows, would he be able tto run down a modded CL65. My original thought was that the SL65 was modded and not stck. Here you see the CL65 catching and does eventually pass Adam's Ruff R at very high speeds(per converation with Adam). If Russ's car is faster than the SL65(which I realize is stck) I was wondering at the time would his car be faster than Adam's Ruff as a result?

I don't really know. I didn't race as many cars as I would have liked. There seemed to be a lot of negative vibes when I milled around looking for other cars to race. I did get a couple non-event races in, but it was just more for fun than competition. I wish I had re-raced the CGT. I didn't realize how bad the race started until I watched the in-car video here at my house. I wish I had raced the SLR, but he went home early. I wish I had raced a Porsche, but they were never on the original list and for whatever reason, none were available after the lunch. I raced an RS4 and an M5 Touring which I was fairly certain I would beat.

I did manage to give a few rides and that made up for the lack of races. I am humbled that people had so much fun just riding along. It was more fun seeing their faces and listening to their reactions than racing some of the other cars.

Last edited by RussRamz; 07-01-2007 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-01-2007 | 11:12 AM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
If Russ's car is faster than the SL65(which I realize is stck) I was wondering at the time would his car be faster than Adam's Ruff as a result?

OK.

I guess Russ would not be able to beat a RUF R Turbo 550, but it would be fun to try. The 550 is a sub 11 sec car to 200 km/h, I don't think Russ is there but who knows?

I think Gustav did a sort of highway video of a stock M6 vs. a Ruf R Turbo 550 and the M6 wasn't able to beat it. I'll search for it next week.
Old 07-01-2007 | 04:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
I think Gustav did a sort of highway video of a stock M6 vs. a Ruf R Turbo 550 and the M6 wasn't able to beat it. I'll search for it next week.

Oh, but I'm sure there were excuses..........
Old 07-01-2007 | 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
OK.

I guess Russ would not be able to beat a RUF R Turbo 550, but it would be fun to try. The 550 is a sub 11 sec car to 200 km/h, I don't think Russ is there but who knows?
you don't "think" russ' m6 can run sub 11 second to 200kph??? i haven't heard of an m running close to sub 12's except maybe one nos assisted example. still that's nothing close to sub 11's.
Old 07-02-2007 | 10:50 AM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
Oh, but I'm sure there were excuses..........
Don't know. Searched but couldn't find the video, but I'm sure it's out there. Sorry.

you don't "think" russ' m6 can run sub 11 second to 200kph??? i haven't heard of an m running close to sub 12's except maybe one nos assisted example. still that's nothing close to sub 11's.
OK. I confess I was being kind to the M6 But the M6 is pretty fast > 200 km/h+, but so is the Ruf.

Here's a stock M6 (the press car actually) and Ruf Turbo R 490 hp from last year.
Another staged video, we had to pay Gustav plenty for this

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...ghlight=m6+ruf
Old 07-02-2007 | 02:30 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Sweet video!~ That's one mean M6.
Old 07-02-2007 | 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
See, that's what I'm trying to understand here. How could a mid 12 second car shave off 1.5 seconds or more on the 1/4 mile with just some minor boltons, cam work, and a tune? Not trying to say the races are staged or someone's BSing but I'm asking from a common sense POV. Please explain...
Old 07-02-2007 | 04:49 PM
M&M

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
See, that's what I'm trying to understand here. How could a mid 12 second car shave off 1.5 seconds or more on the 1/4 mile with just some minor boltons, cam work, and a tune? Not trying to say the races are staged or someone's BSing but I'm asking from a common sense POV. Please explain...
I don't know if you noticed, but the races aren't 1/4 mile.
Old 07-02-2007 | 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by M&M
I don't know if you noticed, but the races aren't 1/4 mile.
That has nothing to do with his point/question. You may have missed that.

If you accept the premise that RussRamz's very fast car is capable of getting from zero to 200 kph (124 mph) in under 11 seconds, the question then is how does one turn a 12.4 @ 116 mph car into a car that runs to 124 mph in under 11 seconds? It takes lots of $$.

Doesn't really matter because I don't think RS-Kicker is really saying that RussRamz's car gets to 200 kph in under 11 seconds.
Old 07-02-2007 | 06:32 PM
M&M

Yeah OK, AMS got 12.2 @ 122mph for an M6 on pump fuel, unprepped. I have seens another test (I think maybe Sport Auto) that got 12.1. Best 0-200 is in the 12's. All this not in the hands of an owner who with some TLC & prep, tyre pressures, race fuel, etc can shave a bit off.

But that is COMPLETELY besides the point. You cannot work out how a car might perform at the airfield based on the 1/4 mile time. You might get a heavy modde Evo that traps big on the 1/4, that might get exposed at the airfield.

Hell SL65's trap like 125 on the 1/4. But over the full distance once they go past the power peak the lose power every 100rpm, while the V10 is chasing its power peak & gaining power every 100rpm. Then you add the heat soak of a big engine in a cramped engine bay. But hey all the geniuses say its rigged 'cos they saw otherwise at the local 1/4 mile track.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SL65 vs tuned M6