W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SL65 vs tuned M6

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 biturbo
SL65 vs tuned M6

Has anyone seen this M5board.com video? At the end there is a run between an SL65 and a Kelleners M6. Similar outcome of the M6 vs Kleemann E55 race with the M6 catching up with the SL65!

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98526

And the CGT is shockingly fast!
Old 06-21-2007, 04:31 PM

Mercedes-Benz A170 CDI
I have seen that video...the performance of the M6 (allegedly has 50HP more than stock with the Kelleners mods) is shocking. But I have one problem with the performance of the SL65 and the CGT for that matter.

AMS of Germany took a de-limited SL65 (fully by AMG for this test only) to 210mph top speed. The same car posted 0-186mph time of 31.9 seconds. The CGT by example, took 34.2 seconds for 0-186mph. Now, from any speed below 150mph, the CGT will win an SL65, but that 0-186mph time reall makes you think. Even more so when these M5board videos will show the SL65 to have all the potency of an A180 CDI and then some...

See this post for the SL65...done by some fanboy back in 2004

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...light=0-186mph
Old 06-21-2007, 06:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 cls 63 030
Does it absolutely disgust anyone else that this needle dick in the M6 demands all races to start when he has his little high revving V-10 already running at around 6k rpm so he can hit his speed as quickly as humanly possible. No races from a dig, no races from a random roll, just races from exactly the time that he wants to race. Then the one race against the mercedes he has to let everyone know he had a bad start, and then gloats about catching a 4400 lb roadster at around 150mph. My favorite is when he said the even without the false start, he THINKS the gt would still have had him. This is one of the worst videos I have ever had to sit through and makes me absolutely sick to even think about. This guy is going to be pissed the first time he gets dusted in an everyday situation and will go whining to his lady, who will say, "Geez, I thought it felt like an airplane. How could you lose?"
Old 06-21-2007, 06:49 PM
NSM

SL65
I try not to get wrapped around the axle about this kinda stuff...
Old 06-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Banned

SL65, 911
I've seen what a stock M5 runs (116-117 mph 1/4) and it will be left in the dust by a stock SL65, at any speed. A tuned M6 might pull a 120-121 MPH 1/4, but that's not enough to keep up with a stock SL65 unless you're running 87 octane in it

My bone-stock SL65 ran 125.6 MPH in the 1/4. 'Nuff said.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:33 PM

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by NSM
I try not to get wrapped around the axle about this kinda stuff...
Well said. Well said in an earlier post to on the K's M6 ONLY having 50 more HP than stock (WHATEVER) !

There is post on here regarding "E55 = Z06 what will it take" and most of the people who know what is up and have tuned E55's will say "lots" and it is implied "not possible".

But, add 50 HP to a M6 and you get basically the same performance as a Z06? Does not make sense. Also, ran right with a 10.76 second Supra????

Does anyone know how much $ to add the 50 HP?

Either way, like it or not that Kellners M6 is BAD A^*!
Old 06-21-2007, 07:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05E55
Originally Posted by Bilal
I have seen that video...the performance of the M6 (allegedly has 50HP more than stock with the Kelleners mods) is shocking. But I have one problem with the performance of the SL65 and the CGT for that matter.

AMS of Germany took a de-limited SL65 (fully by AMG for this test only) to 210mph top speed. The same car posted 0-186mph time of 31.9 seconds. The CGT by example, took 34.2 seconds for 0-186mph. Now, from any speed below 150mph, the CGT will win an SL65, but that 0-186mph time reall makes you think. Even more so when these M5board videos will show the SL65 to have all the potency of an A180 CDI and then some...
I read the same results a while ago and was amazed by the performance of the SL. Which again makes me wonder about the results in the Gustav vid.

Did they castrate the 65?

Not really. They just took away it's advantage, torque (which also helps with moving the SL weight).

CD tested the SL65 from 60-130mph in 9.6 seconds.
http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroa...amg-page2.html
The CGT ran a 7.3
Stock M6 is around 10 but gets to 160 a tad faster than the SL65 from 60.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTS-V 2013 Wagon
Originally Posted by joemoney415
Does it absolutely disgust anyone else that this needle dick in the M6 demands all races to start when he has his little high revving V-10 already running at around 6k rpm so he can hit his speed as quickly as humanly possible. No races from a dig, no races from a random roll, just races from exactly the time that he wants to race. Then the one race against the mercedes he has to let everyone know he had a bad start, and then gloats about catching a 4400 lb roadster at around 150mph. My favorite is when he said the even without the false start, he THINKS the gt would still have had him. This is one of the worst videos I have ever had to sit through and makes me absolutely sick to even think about. This guy is going to be pissed the first time he gets dusted in an everyday situation and will go whining to his lady, who will say, "Geez, I thought it felt like an airplane. How could you lose?"
I am not disgusted. He raced his race and people raced him. I remember many years ago when I had a stock GSXR 750 that was slower than most of my friends bikes, We would go to the top of Grandfather Mountain and race everyone down hill, in neutral and the motor off. Bottom line is the M car is bad and so are ours. Race it to your advantage and you should win!
Old 06-22-2007, 11:14 PM

06 Z06
They both got dusted by the Z06 with a tune and air filter mod. Same result with the SLR. Z06 pulled ahead.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W221 S65 AMG
I'd like to see the CGT vs. a mild tuned Z06 to 186mph.

I had to watch that CGT vs. M6 race twice because the first time I didn't see the CGT...he beat the tuned M6 by like 20 car lengths. I think the CGT traps 131-135mph.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:44 PM

06 Z06
Originally Posted by e55 baller
I'd like to see the CGT vs. a mild tuned Z06 to 186mph.

I had to watch that CGT vs. M6 race twice because the first time I didn't see the CGT...he beat the tuned M6 by like 20 car lengths. I think the CGT traps 131-135mph.
That would have to be a highly tuned Z06 to even keep up with a CGT. My Z06 with a tune and headers runs 127 in the QT.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W221 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by 355Spider
That would have to be a highly tuned Z06 to even keep up with a CGT. My Z06 with a tune and headers runs 127 in the QT.
I guess you would need heads and cams or your tune and a 100 shot to be even. The CGT has what...605 hp @3000lbs...probably a 10.5@135 car after watching it walk that old S65 video.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:25 PM

06 Z06
Originally Posted by e55 baller
I guess you would need heads and cams or your tune and a 100 shot to be even. The CGT has what...605 hp @3000lbs...probably a 10.5@135 car after watching it walk that old S65 video.
Probably heads, tune, filter and NOS. The heads and tune cars are running about 130 in the QT. I think i've seen one with NOS run 139.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:35 AM

BMW M6
Originally Posted by joemoney415
Wow! I don't know where to begin. It's nice to see the video didn't get to you
Old 06-28-2007, 12:37 AM

BMW M6
Originally Posted by 355Spider
They both got dusted by the Z06 with a tune and air filter mod. Same result with the SLR. Z06 pulled ahead.
The Z06 didn't really dust me at all. In the first race, the gentleman missed 5th gear and we did the race again. During the second race, he managed to get 5th gear and I pulled him in before we passed the cones.

This is why I wished I had raced the CGT again. The Z06 did well against it as well as the SLR which I didn't race at all. The SLR driver left early and I missed out.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Russ I'm taking nothing away from your car. it runs hard as hell,however please explain this vid to me? Also was that SL65 you raced stock?

Adam's Ruf R Turbo vs Renntech Modded CL65( 2 people inside)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VbLnmZEsGc&NR
Old 06-28-2007, 12:15 PM

BMW M6
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Russ I'm taking nothing away from your car. it runs hard as hell,however please explain this vid to me? Also was that SL65 you raced stock?

Adam's Ruf R Turbo vs Renntech Modded CL65( 2 people inside)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VbLnmZEsGc&NR
Yes, the SL65 AMG was stock as far as I know. He was a former M5 owner by the way.

Anyway, we raced a couple times during the night prior and it didn't go well for him. He thought something was wrong and in fact there was--he finally determined his problem to be the floormat being caught under his accelerator, but he didn't realize this until later in the evening. We arranged to race again during the big day of the event after the scheduled races were complete. We re-raced THREE times on the day of the event (when the rest of the cars were all out and while his performance was much much better, I still managed to pull him in. In the video that came from my car, we started at roughly 70 kph which put me right at my rev limiter forcing me to shift to 2nd right off the bat. For him, 50 kph wasn't good. We finally did one starting at I think 40kph which is torque advantageous for him and that ended up being the best race. I believe that will likely be the race Gustav shows since it was the closest and from what he and I both believe--the best for both of us. However I don't know what he will post, maybe all of them, maybe just a couple. It's pure speculation on my part...

Cheers guys...

Last edited by RussRamz; 06-28-2007 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:50 PM

Floormat stuck under the pedal! Come on guys. The races are fixed. You beat a supercharged viper and an SL65. Don't try to say there were other reasons for this BS you call airstrip racing. It is all a sham and until I see a mid 11 second time slip RussRams, you are as big of a charlatan as Gustav. Seriously. You m5board guys really have to pull this stunt for what reason? Bragging rights? Are BMW sales so far in the dumper you are being sponsored by BMW? How many times do people say this is all a bunch crap because you catch up to the car at 160+mph. How many people in the real world have ever even taken their car up to that speed? Let alone avoiding the cops and the involuntary man slaughter ticket you will be facing if ever get caught with someone with you. The M5 is a great car. Even a beast. The reason i did not buy one over an E55 was simple. In everyday driving, the E55 is easier to access the power. I have to abuse an M5 with RPMs in the rafters for it to even act remotely like the stock E55. Maybe I am just more utilitarian than the BMW owners, but that is what matters to me. BTW, how many twisty mountains passes do you drive everyday to work? Poke, poke. I thought so. Losers.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:03 PM

BMW M6
Originally Posted by zxlr88
Floormat stuck under the pedal! Come on guys. The races are fixed. You beat a supercharged viper and an SL65. Don't try to say there were other reasons for this BS you call airstrip racing. It is all a sham and until I see a mid 11 second time slip RussRams, you are as big of a charlatan as Gustav. Seriously. You m5board guys really have to pull this stunt for what reason? Bragging rights? Are BMW sales so far in the dumper you are being sponsored by BMW? How many times do people say this is all a bunch crap because you catch up to the car at 160+mph. How many people in the real world have ever even taken their car up to that speed? Let alone avoiding the cops and the involuntary man slaughter ticket you will be facing if ever get caught with someone with you. The M5 is a great car. Even a beast. The reason i did not buy one over an E55 was simple. In everyday driving, the E55 is easier to access the power. I have to abuse an M5 with RPMs in the rafters for it to even act remotely like the stock E55. Maybe I am just more utilitarian than the BMW owners, but that is what matters to me. BTW, how many twisty mountains passes do you drive everyday to work? Poke, poke. I thought so. Losers.
I'm just telling you what the guy told me. I wished I worked for BMW. I don't--I'm just an American living in Germany.

As for how many twisty mountain passes do I drive everyday to work... It's a bit funny you would ask... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHy_jw-Yvlw
Old 06-28-2007, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by zxlr88

Deep breath. Don't get all worked up. No need to sterotype the "M5board guys". They are no different from guys/girls on any other board, and they have some very, very cool members.

FWIW, I do not believe the races are "fixed" except to the extent that they are starting from a roll that give the M powerplant a "get out of jail free" card to make up for its lack of torque. When the M motor isn't in its sweet spot, it gets pulled like the 65 did initially in this video. But that doesn't make it fixed. Nor does the fact that the Viper was running at a tremendous aerodynamic disadvantage with a bad tranny make it "fixed". Nor the fact that the Supra was obviously on its deathbed. The races are what they are.

And whether we think the outcomes are "real" or "fixed", at least we get to see some video. And, no, we aren't going to be doing 140 mph, let alone 180 mph, anytime soon. But that's not really the point either. As I said, the races are what they are. And Russramz's car is damned fast up top.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SL230 -64 Pagoda
OK. First of all nothing of this was staged. We've done this for 3 years in a row now and I can think of so much funnier things to do than stage videos like these.

The R Turbo in the V Max competition is not as fast as the R Turbo at the GTBoard.com shootout.

Here's a video with the Rt12 vs. Adam's car (the red one in the Renntech CL65 video) on the Autobahn if you want to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LNHHC3zNMY
Old 06-28-2007, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RussRamz
Yes, the SL65 AMG was stock as far as I know. He was a former M5 owner by the way.

Anyway, we raced a couple times during the night prior and it didn't go well for him. He thought something was wrong and in fact there was--he finally determined his problem to be the floormat being caught under his accelerator, but he didn't realize this until later in the evening. We arranged to race again during the big day of the event after the scheduled races were complete. We re-raced THREE times on the day of the event (when the rest of the cars were all out and while his performance was much much better, I still managed to pull him in. In the video that came from my car, we started at roughly 70 kph which put me right at my rev limiter forcing me to shift to 2nd right off the bat. For him, 50 kph wasn't good. We finally did one starting at I think 40kph which is torque advantageous for him and that ended up being the best race. I believe that will likely be the race Gustav shows since it was the closest and from what he and I both believe--the best for both of us. However I don't know what he will post, maybe all of them, maybe just a couple. It's pure speculation on my part...

Cheers guys...
Oh and by the way thanks for the personnal attacks to my surprise on the M5board! Prior to this I've given you and your M6 nothing but props.

Me in defense against Gustav being confrontational! Keep in mind all of my quotes were towards Gustav which I was having a conversation with and here you go paraphrasing! Good job! Here were your comments.

post #79 M5board

Nice substantive post by...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcarlski to GUSTAV:
First of all I'm not trying to gain one iota of your respect as I tend to see you can be very immature not to mention that many folks here and on other forums don't like you.!

Quote: Ramz
Since when was this a popularity contest? Why don't you go and make a petition of "We who hereby don't like Gustav" and post the results for all of us to see.

Quote:
#1 I can't understand your English and can hardly understand and address anything you are trying to say here.
QUOTE: Ramz
I can understand him fine. What version of English do you speak? If not, maybe you could be so worldly and use your secondary language

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcarlski to GUSTAV
I can see you are trying to pick and be confrontational but that's ok because only you are allowed to do it.

QUOTE:Ramz
I don't really see how you are attempting to cool things down with a post like this. Are you suggesting you are not trying to be confrontational? You might take a look in the mirror once in a while.

Quote:
When you can show me where I've typed misinformation,or content that's non-factual ,you show me. I work on my own cars and have built them my self. FOUR of them. Goto MBworld or bimmerforums and read about them if you want. Really makes no difference to me.
Then why did you mention it here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcarlski to GUSTAV after he brought up an issue of not having respect for me in the first place:
However,I'll never respect you. You're a child.

There you go... showing your class. Nice job.

Quote:
Oh I forgot you can't go there because almost everybody there(MBworld) hates your confrontational and antagonistic manners. From the Admins to the Mods ,to the regular members.
Quote: Ramz
Yea, you're the epitome of a cool operator. 'at a boy!

Quote:
We are here bringing up some points about the Supra which some members here have brought up. It does not have to be a big fight.
quote:Ramz
I don't see this is a big fight. This event occured in one day. Maybe the Supra shoulda' won, maybe it woulda' won if..., and maybe it coulda' won if... We all know if things were different, the results would be different. Hell, a meteor might have hit my car in the middle of the race..... but it didn't.

Quote:
Young man you are in your 30's have some respect and grow up.
Quote:Ramz
You are an embarassment not only to me as a fellow US citizen, but as a person in general. Way to show your ***...

This is basically the type of gang up mentallity that goes on over there between you guys.

No hard feelings. no problem. Still props to your car and that's all.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-28-2007 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RS-Kicker
OK. First of all nothing of this was staged. We've done this for 3 years in a row now and I can think of so much funnier things to do than stage videos like these.

The R Turbo in the V Max competition is not as fast as the R Turbo at the GTBoard.com shootout.

Here's a video with the Rt12 vs. Adam's car (the red one in the Renntech CL65 video) on the Autobahn if you want to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LNHHC3zNMY
hmmm now is Ramz car possibly faster than Adam's Ruf turbo then? If so then that would make Rams car almost as fast as a Renntech CL65.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:56 PM

RRamz car is on par with a Z06 and a Z06 is on par with an SLR about.

Originally Posted by ProjectC55
hmmm now is Ramz car possibly faster than Adam's Ruf turbo then? If so then that would make Rams car almost as fast as a Renntech CL65.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Gustav
RRamz car is on par with a Z06 and a Z06 is on par with an SLR about.
Do they make certain cars slower out there or something and others out here faster?
All of the opposite results seem to happen here in the States. maybe BMW's don't like the Fuel over here and Love it over there in Sweden!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SL65 vs tuned M6