New owner 03' E55 AMG: help with service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03' E55, 06' Kawasaki ZX-10R
New owner 03' E55 AMG: help with service

Hi all.....I finally got myself into an 03' E55......I got the car for a really good price ($37,500)but I dont have the service records etc. of the car.

The car currently has 62k miles.
I was wondering what service i should have done to it right now?
I was going to have the oil filter changed, maybe transmission fluid, flush radiator.....Do i need to do spark plugs/wires perhaps? The car runs just fine but it does say it is 1600 miles past service.
I want to be on the safe side since its not on warranty and be sure to properly maintain the car now. I would rather spend some now...rather than a lot later by not getting some perhaps not-needed maintenance done.

Your thoughts on what needs to be done? Thanks. -Steve
Old 07-05-2007, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by StevesAMG
Hi all.....I finally got myself into an 03' E55......I got the car for a really good price ($37,500)but I dont have the service records etc. of the car.

The car currently has 62k miles.
I was wondering what service i should have done to it right now?
I was going to have the oil filter changed, maybe transmission fluid, flush radiator.....Do i need to do spark plugs/wires perhaps? The car runs just fine but it does say it is 1600 miles past service.
I want to be on the safe side since its not on warranty and be sure to properly maintain the car now. I would rather spend some now...rather than a lot later by not getting some perhaps not-needed maintenance done.

Your thoughts on what needs to be done? Thanks. -Steve
Your MB dealer will be able to put in the VIN and tell you exactly what has been done and what it needs. Did you get a carfax when you bought the car? If not do that first. If the carfax is clean breath a sigh of relief. I would recommend putting away up to $5,000 for needed repairs and that will probably go fast. Without a warranty one thing goes wrong and you will get killed. The best advice is to clean it up and sell it asap and get another car with a warranty. For not much more, get a later model with a warrantly and you will be happy. The 2003 model has many issues that are documented here. Good luck if you end up keeping the car. Drive the hell out of if while you have it, though......
Old 07-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Almost a Member!

03' E55, 06' Kawasaki ZX-10R
Like I said.....i just bought it....and there is nothing wrong with it......So i'm not going to turn around and sell it in fear something may go wrong lol...

Thanks for the advice though. :-)
Old 07-06-2007, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
TEHO... to each his own. I agree entirely. I am sure you will have fun with it.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:50 AM

2003 E55 K1
03 E55

I have an 03 E55 and generally have been very happy with it. I did have an electrical problem at around 10K that fried my ECU, which was replaced under warranty. Also, SC belt and pulley were replaced at around 15K. Also, under warranty.

I agree these cars need extended warranties regardless of the year because ANY work is expensive. I would bet that your car either has had the problem areas fixed by now, or it didn't have the problems to begin with, so HAPPY MOTORING. (PS, the 03 E55 had the fastest 1/4 times of any E55 tested by the car mags - but probably because MB gave them a juiced up car for the first year!!!)
Old 07-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Steve:

First reset the service reminder, the procedure is in the owners manual.

Than check the following:

1. Kompressor and accessories belts. Make sure they are in good shape.
2. Pull out air filters and look at their condition. If old replace them with Green or K&N.

If you have any questions feel free to call.