Sponsored by:

Little convenience questions re: E63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Little convenience questions re: E63

Now that I'm using full throttle and feeling the earth shudder under that mountain of torque, I have a few questions about conveniences. First, is there a setting where the right rearview mirror dips down to give you a view of the curb when you put the car in reverse? I had that in my C32. I have the side mirrors set up with the control on the right so it's not that. Also, is there 1-touch closing of the panoramic moonroof? It doesn't do that on mine.
Otherwise, perfect...
Old 07-21-2007, 02:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2024 G63, 2021 X7M50i
You can have the dealer program your car to have the passenger mirror tilt when in reverse. I know this is possible as Sunil from Motorwerks programmed mine when installing my power folding mirrors.

Can't believe this car wouldn't have this as I became addicted to this feature with my earlier CLK55.

Last edited by mprsev; 07-21-2007 at 02:13 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by gcpa
Now that I'm using full throttle and feeling the earth shudder under that mountain of torque, I have a few questions about conveniences. First, is there a setting where the right rearview mirror dips down to give you a view of the curb when you put the car in reverse? I had that in my C32. I have the side mirrors set up with the control on the right so it's not that. Also, is there 1-touch closing of the panoramic moonroof? It doesn't do that on mine.
Otherwise, perfect...
Look at your Operator's Manual page 200 for the steps.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
No convenience option in my version

I checked the manual, but my version of the car apparently doesn't have the tilt mirror down option available from my convenience menu. Sigh.

On the other hand, found the afterburners. The car goes from really fast to really, really fast above 5500rpm. I swear I felt another kick to the seat, as if that were possible, as the car cleared 6000rpm in 2nd gear. Always good to get my heart rate to match the engine oil temperature at full throttle...