Sponsored by:

Installed EVO Sport Headers today, did not touch the Engine Mount

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Installed EVO Sport Headers today, did not touch the Engine Mount

A friend of mine is a Mechanic and installed my headers today, I helped a little when a extra set of hands where needed. We did not have a lift, but we had a nice set of tools. The install took about 6 hours total. He had to drop the exhaust and the steering column. The engine mounts did not have to be moved, it was a tight fit but we pulled it off after several attempts.

Impressions of the headers. The car sounds a little louder, has a little more bass to it. The car feels great from the butt dyno, but it always feels really fast. We are putting a ASP pulley on Wednesday and heading up to the track on Friday. My goal is to hit 11.8 @ 117ish, I will post videos when available.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Originally Posted by emax
A friend of mine is a Mechanic and installed my headers today, I helped a little when a extra set of hands where needed. We did not have a lift, but we had a nice set of tools. The install took about 6 hours total. He had to drop the exhaust and the steering column. The engine mounts did not have to be moved, it was a tight fit but we pulled it off after several attempts.

Impressions of the headers. The car sounds a little louder, has a little more bass to it. The car feels great from the butt dyno, but it always feels really fast. We are putting a ASP pulley on Wednesday and heading up to the track on Friday. My goal is to hit 11.8 @ 117ish, I will post videos when available.
Ethan,

Job well done!!! Glad you like it!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 03:13 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
20’ G63,18' GT3, 17' NSX, 16' Cayenne, 09' GTR, 05' E55
evosport headers!
Old 07-24-2007, 06:53 AM

2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
Congrats ETHAN........

Still waiting for my VRUS 80 MM TB, VRP Belt Kit and EVO Headers.... By next Friday I hope to have everything installed. Keep us posted on the times at NED....Suppose to rain in NE this weekend.......

Roland