custom i/c setup!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by chiromikey
here are some quick pics. i won't have any time to get any data logging numbers until after the weekend but i'll share my set-up anyways.

basically a 3 stage system consisting of a new front mount heat exchanger with 72% more capacity than the oem unit, a trunk mounted reservoir to greatly increase capacity and give me the ability to add ice at the track to REALLY help cool the charge air, and what's that hidden behind the rear bumper cover you ask...why that's a second remote mounted heat exchanger with dual 6" fans for good measure. as you can see there is a second johnson cm30 pump mounted at the reservoir with it's twin brother mounted in the stock location. there is PLENTY of flow with just one cm30 on this system but i'm obviously into overkill. after seeing how much water was flowing, i really think the cm90 is too much. and of course, the i/c circuit was separated from the engine cooling circuit.

this is a test system to measure benefits and possibilities so i didn't go all out on hoses or connections. each stage of this system can be duplicated or used separately so the possibility of a "kit" is being tossed around. as i've mentioned, this system may not be the ultimate like vrus' slr system but i'm expecting it to work well.

btw, a very important criteria for me was that the heat exchangers be true bolt-ons with no cutting of bumpers or brackets so the car can EASILY be returned to stock. the only permanent mods are the holes for cooling lines to the reservoir which can be plugged if removal is necessary.

This is impressive,
The cars really need this badly, cooling and air flow.
I knew you were good, good luck on the track I cannot wait to see you run!
Old 07-27-2007, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by juicee63
This is impressive,
The cars really need this badly, cooling and air flow.
I knew you were good, good luck on the track I cannot wait to see you run!
you'll have to head over when summer's over and jrocket makes it out here. it would be great to get you and bluemax running so we've got at least 2 63's running and a good amg showing.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
I'm going to get one!!! (:

Originally Posted by chiromikey
here are some quick pics. i won't have any time to get any data logging numbers until after the weekend but i'll share my set-up anyways.

basically a 3 stage system consisting of a new front mount heat exchanger with 72% more capacity than the oem unit, a trunk mounted reservoir to greatly increase capacity and give me the ability to add ice at the track to REALLY help cool the charge air, and what's that hidden behind the rear bumper cover you ask...why that's a second remote mounted heat exchanger with dual 6" fans for good measure. as you can see there is a second johnson cm30 pump mounted at the reservoir with it's twin brother mounted in the stock location. there is PLENTY of flow with just one cm30 on this system but i'm obviously into overkill. after seeing how much water was flowing, i really think the cm90 is too much. and of course, the i/c circuit was separated from the engine cooling circuit.

this is a test system to measure benefits and possibilities so i didn't go all out on hoses or connections. each stage of this system can be duplicated or used separately so the possibility of a "kit" is being tossed around. as i've mentioned, this system may not be the ultimate like vrus' slr system but i'm expecting it to work well.

btw, a very important criteria for me was that the heat exchangers be true bolt-ons with no cutting of bumpers or brackets so the car can EASILY be returned to stock. the only permanent mods are the holes for cooling lines to the reservoir which can be plugged if removal is necessary.

Chris is a Rock Star!!! (BTW, I love my shorty headers and vrus's TB that Chris installed)
Old 08-07-2007, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Outstanding kit; need more interest

This kit addresses the number one weakness with our cars, and does so at less than half the price of the other kits on the market. I'm hoping a few more owners will send in their depositis in order to make the group purchase a reality. It's an excellent opportunity; don't let it pass you by.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Its true....lets wait for Mike's Dyno Results...
Old 08-08-2007, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i won't be doing any dyno runs until it cools down around here, probably a couple of months. it's 30+ degrees warmer than my last dyno run so it just wouldn't be an accurate representation. the datalogging results i posted are impressive so i'm already very pleased.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
It couple of month there would winter...Do you have snow there ???
Old 08-08-2007, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
It couple of month there would winter...Do you have snow there ???
lol, we're in the desert. although there have been freak snow storms and the mountains are only a couple hours away, winter day time temps here are typically mid-high 70's.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Desert...you definately need IC mod there