Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 04:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by juicee63
You still need help or is it "learning"
Yes, I still need some help.... Where is my video

I finally reached 1100 miles, so I will try it again....
Old 07-27-2007, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Yes, I still need some help.... Where is my video

I finally reached 1100 miles, so I will try it again....

Ok man, I think you are safe now to start the training . I will do a short vid on sat and post it . It makes a huge difference in performance and gas mileage LOL.

We should hit Famoso in the fall . If I am driving to Sac , Bakersfield will be so EZ.

I am very interested to see an E63 with 030 run the 1/4 mile! WOOOOHOOOO

It is critical we get your car ready to compete for the top time in a 63.

Once again CONGRATS on a great choice , your car to me is perfect
Old 07-28-2007, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
old daily driver '07 E63(gone); new dd '14 750xi; 2013 Viper GTS
Originally Posted by juicee63

It is critical we get your car ready to compete for the top time in a 63.
I will be going for this title next week at E-town..stay tuned......
Old 07-28-2007, 08:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2024 G63, 2021 X7M50i
So I just installed my new DTM steering wheel and everything WAS working perfectly, steering wheel buttons, shift down/up, etc. until I proceeded to "train" my car per this thread by holding 1st gear after downshifting via the left paddle while in "D/S" and right as it hit about 7000 RPM the car shifted into 2nd automatically. I then let off the gas and tried to down**** to 1st again via the left paddle and NOTHING and worst yet I couldn't shift up either! I was stuck in 2nd gear and could not shift using either paddles. I tried to switch out of "M" and into "D/S" or "D/C" and NOTHING. It was stuck. I contined to drive, luckily about 30mph and finally I was able to shift up via the paddle and turned it to "D."

Now I cannot downshift using the left paddle at all??? The right paddle upshifts when in manually put it into "M" but I cannot downshift via the paddle in "M" nor can I automatically downshift to 1st from regular "D" like I could before.

Help anyone? Is it my wheel? But it was working perfectly before I tried to push my car by holding 1st gear.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by mprsev
So I just installed my new DTM steering wheel and everything WAS working perfectly, steering wheel buttons, shift down/up, etc. until I proceeded to "train" my car per this thread by holding 1st gear after downshifting via the left paddle while in "D/S" and right as it hit about 7000 RPM the car shifted into 2nd automatically. I then let off the gas and tried to down**** to 1st again via the left paddle and NOTHING and worst yet I couldn't shift up either! I was stuck in 2nd gear and could not shift using either paddles. I tried to switch out of "M" and into "D/S" or "D/C" and NOTHING. It was stuck. I contined to drive, luckily about 30mph and finally I was able to shift up via the paddle and turned it to "D."

Now I cannot downshift using the left paddle at all??? The right paddle upshifts when in manually put it into "M" but I cannot downshift via the paddle in "M" nor can I automatically downshift to 1st from regular "D" like I could before.

Help anyone? Is it my wheel? But it was working perfectly before I tried to push my car by holding 1st gear.

Thanks in advance.

My car never did this.....

I've been training my car using the same method for the last 4 days, and I finally got it to shift at 6500 rpm instead of 6000 rpm so I'm assuming it's working
Old 07-29-2007, 02:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 SL600
My car learns and forgets. Juicee, is this "normal"? Has anyone tried ECU or TCU tuning to help the short shifting?
Old 07-29-2007, 03:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2024 G63, 2021 X7M50i
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
My car never did this.....

I've been training my car using the same method for the last 4 days, and I finally got it to shift at 6500 rpm instead of 6000 rpm so I'm assuming it's working
Thanks MB_Forever, please disregard my post as the issue I was having was due to pinched/nearly severed wiring on the left downshift paddle that created a nightmare for several hours. This caused my car to get stuck in gears (1 or 2) and made the gear shifter not work with the left to right shifting.

With things wired correctly I tested my car and noticed that my car shifts out at about 6800-7000 when I floor it from a stop after pulling the downshift paddle while in D/S. Could it be the help of the Sprintbooster?
Old 07-30-2007, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by pablo4.2
My car learns and forgets. Juicee, is this "normal"? Has anyone tried ECU or TCU tuning to help the short shifting?
Thats what sucks, maybe we can tune the shift points in the TCU?

Yeah mine is all over the place today the car shifted out @5800 OMG, now its jerking when shifting from 1st to 2nd. Im taking her in and I will ask service manager to smooth my car out. We need Samssonz to chime in on this he owns the only 63 that ALWAYS SHIFTS PERFECTLY