Sponsored by:

Emission failure due to primary cats removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 MB E55 AMG, 2006 Audi A6 4.2, 2008 WRX STI
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
And Frank you exh weighs TONS more than an aftermarket exh so why would you want to keep it if you can upgrade the whole thing with a superior Stainless Steel setup(pipes,cats,reso's) like Joon ,PTE(2005 CLK55),and I did?

Remember he (Joon) still takes his car to the dealer.
haha~i gotta say dealer luvs it!!! they always ask me if they could rev it just to hear it~
anyways, Frank, i think u need some exhaust work to make it even more beast and hopefully gain some top-end performance...
Old 07-25-2007, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by AMG Rider
haha~i gotta say dealer luvs it!!! they always ask me if they could rev it just to hear it~
anyways, Frank, i think u need some exhaust work to make it even more beast and hopefully gain some top-end performance...
What's wrong with my top-end performance?
Old 07-25-2007, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by Jrocket
He mentioned the exhasut but didnt say anything about the pulley or other items your motor has?
All of my other upgrades can be easily converted back to stock. Once you start chopping up an exhaust piple, it is basically impossible to return it to stock.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
While I don't have any data on this, I think altering the exhaust without specifically retuning the ECU to deal with the loss in back pressure can slow your car down.

Besides, I would like to go from trapping around 123/124 to 138/140. Without NOS. I think the biggest impact on the stock exhaust is adding headers. Redoing my exhaust would be quite expensive and I be surprised if it gained me 1mph in my trap speed. I could be wrong, but that is just my thought. The way I see it, I need about an additional 110hp.

Last edited by SleeperX; 07-25-2007 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by SleeperX
While I don't have any data on this, I think altering the exhaust without specifically retuning the ECU to deal with the loss in back pressure can slow your car down.

Besides, I would like to go from trapping around 123/124 to 138/140. Without NOS. I think the biggest impact on the stock exhaust is adding headers. Redoing my exhaust would be quite expensive and I be surprised if it gained me 1mph in my trap speed. I could be wrong, but that is just my thought. The way I see it, I need about an additional 110hp.

I'm not a amg owner and far from a expert on that motor but on your highly modified motor where will you get a extra 110hp without nitrous? The only feasable thing I see is to stroke the motor like brabus.

Oh yeah, answer the phone when I call ya bro (like 20 minutes ago)...lol

Last edited by nyc_srt8; 07-25-2007 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Not so on my car. If anything my car is a whole lot more responsive now Frank.

Redoing my exhaust would be quite expensive and I be surprised if it gained me 1mph in my trap speed. I could be wrong, but that is just my thought. The way I see it, I need about an additional 110hp.
You would not have to chop up your exh. The whole thing comes apart and it would be no problem to reinstall it. Redoing you exh would run you less than $1500.00 or even less Frank. You already have the headers.

Bottom line is, if you're happy with your performance then you should keep your present setup. But I'll beg to differ with you about the fact that upgrading the exh sys would not increase the performance or mph on your car. It will definitely save you alot of weight because the stck exh system is heavy as HELL. You will need two people to lift it as opposed to one person lifting a nicely built aftermarket SS exh. I have noticed this on both of my M3's ,my AMG,and my Talon. You do want the weight savings in addition to more pwr no? You can also keep your same diameter piping(don't know why you'd want to do that).

As far as exh, just chg the secondary cats back if you would one day like to return the car back to stck. That won't be a major chop chop but it will be some serious weight saving and an increase in perf. Don't believe me ask Jeffrey(NY LI),PTE and Chiromikey