W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASP pulley pulled off. Belt chunkin mad-man!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
ASP pulley pulled off. Belt chunkin mad-man!!

Finally got fed up with shredding belts and am sending the ASP back to have it inspected. Put the Kleemann pulley back on for now. Gotta admit, the difference is pretty dramatic on the butt dyno. I honestly did not think it would be this different. She just doesn't have the punch she used to. Gonna disconnect negative terminal and she what she does on the ECU reset.

Now on the quality aspect, it's just no contest. Welds on the ASP look like I grabbed a helmet and "had at it" (I have no welding experience). It wobbled on the crank slightly. The Klee just sits and spins straight and true.

Tensioner and pulleys all seem fine so it's gotta be the ASP. If ASP replaces it with a new one, most likely going to sell er and snag the EVOTECH 178mm.

Adam, here I come!
Old 07-26-2007, 04:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S55 AMG
Evotech has a 178mm? Isn't ASP the biggest? Sorry about the pulley my asp spins straight and true but your right about the quality. Looks like a 4 year old did it.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by Shaun
Evotech has a 178mm? Isn't ASP the biggest? Sorry about the pulley my asp spins straight and true but your right about the quality. Looks like a 4 year old did it.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Finally got fed up with shredding belts and am sending the ASP back to have it inspected. Put the Kleemann pulley back on for now. Gotta admit, the difference is pretty dramatic on the butt dyno. I honestly did not think it would be this different. She just doesn't have the punch she used to. Gonna disconnect negative terminal and she what she does on the ECU reset.

Now on the quality aspect, it's just no contest. Welds on the ASP look like I grabbed a helmet and "had at it" (I have no welding experience). It wobbled on the crank slightly. The Klee just sits and spins straight and true.

Tensioner and pulleys all seem fine so it's gotta be the ASP. If ASP replaces it with a new one, most likely going to sell er and snag the EVOTECH 178mm.

Adam, here I come!
Sorry to hear that Jim, i am right here waiting for your phone call!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Originally Posted by SleeperX
Old 07-26-2007, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
so lets see some pics of evotech's pulley along with prices (their website sucks).
Old 07-26-2007, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I have been thinking the same...

the added performance for the $$ is great...

but the extra heat makes the power only available for short burst and really only works well on cool weather.

Maybe for the winter I'll put it back on.

For now, I'm thinking of going back to stock.

Also, the belt slipping does not help either.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:24 PM

2004 S55 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
so lets see some pics of evotech's pulley along with prices (their website sucks).
+1
Old 07-26-2007, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
If ASP replaces it with a new one, most likely going to sell er and snag the EVOTECH 178mm.

Adam, here I come!
jim please keep our secrets to us bro! we are gonna be the only 10sec no NOS cars out there.lol.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
jim please keep our secrets to us bro! we are gonna be the only 10sec no NOS cars out there.lol.
the secrets out so spill it!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
the secrets out so spill it!!!
hehe cant tell bro! besides your car is fast enough.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hehe cant tell bro! besides your car is fast enough.
don't make me build my own...cause i'll go 179mm just out of spite!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 02:18 AM

06 E55 SOLD, 89 300 SE 375,000 miles
don't make me build my own...cause i'll go 179mm just out of spite!!!

Hm...179 got me thinking. Ok 179mm smaller water pump pulley to make room.

Ok off to my machine shop.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by mbamg06e55
Hm...179 got me thinking. Ok 179mm smaller water pump pulley to make room.

Ok off to my machine shop.
If you use the ASP- water pump pulley you can go about an inch bigger than the standard ASP. It puts out 17 to 18 psi depending on exhaust configuration. Someone on this board did this close to a year ago.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
... And this my friends is why I am patiently waiting for our new 2-piece crank pulley to arrive.. You can mess around and experiment with different boost settings and never pull the pulley off the crank...
Old 07-27-2007, 12:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 E63S wagon, 2016 GLE350d, GLE450 on order
better make room for 1 more, bleek has been in the 10s for a while
Old 07-27-2007, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by jparch
ya he dont count he has all that crazy head work done! witch i thought about doin but just couldnt open up my engine like that.
im gonna make it to 10s with bolt on parts.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jparch
for a while? i didn't think his car was even put back together the last time he posted. give us an update.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:01 PM

2004 E55
Man stop stirring the pot for me ****! LOL! Let's talk about your hotrod instead! When are we gonna rent the track?

ya he dont count he has all that crazy head work done! witch i thought about doin but just couldnt open up my engine like that.
im gonna make it to 10s with bolt on parts.
Ahh man wtf, it's only mild porting, actually just gasket matching! I swear it's bone stock! LOL! Awesome man can't wait to see you lay down those passes gonna be killer, like i said before there's gonna be some serious numbers laid down by some real cars, good job homie!

for a while? i didn't think his car was even put back together the last time he posted. give us an update.
The car has actually been together for awhile i didn't go to much further with my 55 motor, we just finished the 63 motor and it's actually on transit to the header shop. I had the Kleemann system on the car just to break in the motor, and i unbolted the system on Wednesday to ship the car at jparch's shop, WOW! The car hauls *** open tubes with the small tube Kleemann headers can't wait to see how the car will rock with the new exhaust. I'll be flying over to the exhaust place and i'll post some pics of the new headers and the car at the exhaust shop.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by bleek
Man stop stirring the pot for me ****! LOL! Let's talk about your hotrod instead! When are we gonna rent the track?

Ahh man wtf, it's only mild porting, actually just gasket matching! I swear it's bone stock! LOL! Awesome man can't wait to see you lay down those passes gonna be killer, like i said before there's gonna be some serious numbers laid down by some real cars, good job homie!

The car has actually been together for awhile i didn't go to much further with my 55 motor, we just finished the 63 motor and it's actually on transit to the header shop. I had the Kleemann system on the car just to break in the motor, and i unbolted the system on Wednesday to ship the car at jparch's shop, WOW! The car hauls *** open tubes with the small tube Kleemann headers can't wait to see how the car will rock with the new exhaust. I'll be flying over to the exhaust place and i'll post some pics of the new headers and the car at the exhaust shop.
bro you are gonna have to bring that beast to the MIR track rental. but just make sure you dont line up with me. maybe you can take on one of blackbenzs crazy BMW friends. while your at it bring a set of heads in case you beat everone i will have to install some do to peer presure.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Sorry to hear of the issue. I hope you get it worked out asap. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Sincerely,

Aaron
Old 07-27-2007, 06:13 PM

2004 E55
bro you are gonna have to bring that beast to the MIR track rental. but just make sure you dont line up with me. maybe you can take on one of blackbenzs crazy BMW friends. while your at it bring a set of heads in case you beat everone i will have to install some do to peer presure.
Maryland huh, sounds cool, car should make serious jam there! Just have to finish up picking the cabinets and and little odds and ends and the trailer is good to go, but i need to get a wild paint job on the golf cart. Listen up **** if i line up with you i want at least 5 cars and i get one stage! The heads have been absolutley amazing, just finished a set for someone overseas, the power has just been amazing as we've been able to tailor the camshafts for each combo. You should fly your *** up here when we rent the track out for testing then you can see me break parts in person! LOL! Car should be back second week of august, i wished i got jparch to videotape my pass open tubes on the street, man these cars sound badass opentubes! Hey bro do you think i need to spray the bmw guys oh yeah check out the killer race collectors we used on jparch's car and on my new set-up.
Attached Images  
Old 07-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Bleek, are you really running 10s on engine? Why ya holding out on us bro? With all that crazy crap your doing to you're ride I know you can afford a nice camcorder. Show us a run or two or hell, throw us a bone and post a time slip.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:30 PM

2004 E55
Bleek, are you really running 10s on engine? Why ya holding out on us bro? With all that crazy crap your doing to you're ride I know you can afford a nice camcorder. Show us a run or two or hell, throw us a bone and post a time slip.
Rock n' roll what's new brother? Sorry man gotta hold out now, things are starting to heat up with these cars and don't want the competition to know to much. But just a teaser on the 55 motor at Toronto Motorsports park i laid down a 127mph and backed it up with a 126mph pass. I won't have a clue what the new motor does, as we got that much more done to it. For all the guys thinking they're gonna lay a beating to the field, i just found out a few cars just went 10.80's (on the motor) shutting down at the 1000ft mark on there first shake down passes in DENVER! So read between the lines on that one, holy crap think about that altitude! Once thing i can say one guy has a set of my heads. I'm just waiting to hear the M5 guys tell my bull****, my answer is "bring ur ***" and see what my car can do.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by bleek
Rock n' roll what's new brother? Sorry man gotta hold out now, things are starting to heat up with these cars and don't want the competition to know to much. But just a teaser on the 55 motor at Toronto Motorsports park i laid down a 127mph and backed it up with a 126mph pass. I won't have a clue what the new motor does, as we got that much more done to it. For all the guys thinking they're gonna lay a beating to the field, i just found out a few cars just went 10.80's (on the motor) shutting down at the 1000ft mark on there first shake down passes in DENVER! So read between the lines on that one, holy crap think about that altitude! Once thing i can say one guy has a set of my heads. I'm just waiting to hear the M5 guys tell my bull****, my answer is "bring ur ***" and see what my car can do.
Time out!! Are you saying that there are a few cars (i.e E55s) that are running 10.8s on motor?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ASP pulley pulled off. Belt chunkin mad-man!!