Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by KrisKeeney
regarding difference b/t E63 and upcoming C63:
1. if the interior will be the same as the current new C300, it will be too tight in the cockpit and back seats; I sat in one the other day, and the interior space was markedly smaller
2. as mentioned somewhere in this thread:
a. interior of the C appears cheapy/plasticy; no warm wood-ness to it at all
b. what? adjust the seats manually? no way; this was a seriously flawed decision by MB, in my view;

I am going to hold out for an E63 when a lease special comes down the pike

Thanks for all entries
Kris Keeney
Richmond, VA

The seats are still adjustable electronically, but the control buttons are placed on the lower part and to the side of the seat as commonly found on Japanese cars. However, the AMG version shown in edmunds' pictures seem to fix this by having the controls placed back on the door panels.

You are correct about the interior. It looks and feels very cheap and plasticy. The C55 interior was MUCH MORE SPORTY and ELEGANT.

As for roomyness, it seems that we've gained shoulder room, but lost some leg room (more noticabely in the rear).

I'm sure the performance of the car will be amazing though and will make up for some of the other shortcomings. The car WILL dyno at 400 whp easily.....

Last edited by MB_Forever; 08-01-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 E63
Originally Posted by buckeyewalt
You know, I guess that's what I mean...I still think that AMG can tinker with some of the components to make the change more dramatic. I just got my C&D magazine, and it sayd the C63 "only" has 451 hp and 431 ft.lb., to me that is more than an ECU change of a simple exhaust bolt on. Maybe a subtle cam change or something else to get those numbers. I think the difference between the E and S is ECU, but from C to E "I" think they did something to the engine.
You're still missing the larger point, which is that based on prior experience with the 55k cars, there is a sound basis to regard the factory power ratings as false, i.e., marketing BS. MBZ claimed the S/CL/SL 55 cars had almost 30 hp more than the E55, but in fact all the cars put down the same amount of power on a dyno, and track results bore this out. Not just MBZ but many other manufacturers who spread engines across product lines have a history of falsely claiming the more expensive models make more power (e.g., the LS1 Corvettes v. the LS1 F bodies) so the higher dollar buyers think they're getting something extra in the engine compartment for their money. So until some C63's are dynoed and it is proven that they are in fact "detuned," it's pointless to speculate about what they might have done and how easily it can be fixed. I'd make a fairly sizeable bet that the C63 engines either won't be down on power at all, or that if they are it won't be much and a simple ECU tune will make them just as strong as any other 63.