W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Is the "cm" i/c pumps direct replacements?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2007 | 07:50 PM
Almost a Member!

03 E55
Is the "cm" i/c pumps direct replacements?

Hi all! I have a 2003 E55 with 54k on the clock and I am not sure if I have pump failure or not. I live in Huston and it has been a hot summer. Anywho sometime wwhen I run the car hard it feels really fast tires spinning and all. But sometimes when I punch it, it feels like my 2005 E500. I am not sure if my pump is bad so I don't mind spending a little money and just buying a new pump. I have tried to folow the threads in the search category on "I/C pump" and "I/C pump failure" but can't seem to find a few answers.
1. Is this something I can do myself? I would like to thnk I can do most mechanicals when it comes to the car but I just wanted to be sure. Is it a direct replacement?
2. Does anyone have instrustions or a how to from when they did it? Pictures at this point would be great since I am a visual person.
3. Where can I buy a pump at? Is there an online shop that sells them for our cars and actually knows that they are ging on our cars? Not like a marine shop or anything is what I mean.

I don't know the difference between "cm" this and "cm" that. I ust want a good replacement pump that will bolt in no problems and solve this problem. Thanks in advance guys!
Old 08-21-2007 | 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
direct replacement would be the cm30. with any basic skills you can do this. you should be able to figure out how to mount it (it's slightly smaller diameter than oem) and you will probably have to splice wires. the hardest part will be purging the system of air and i don't recall the procedure so hopefully others can help out with that.
Old 08-21-2007 | 10:50 PM
Almost a Member!

03 E55
thanks. Can any others chime in?
Old 08-21-2007 | 11:16 PM

Bentley Flying Spur, CL550
This is the procedure written out for a c32. Pretty much the sam on an e55:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/146457-1fastc32-s-cheep-intercooler-pump-replacement.html

And the pics are in this tread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...78#post2376178

Hope this helps some.