W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is the i/c pump? Need to replace...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E55
Where is the i/c pump? Need to replace...

Hi all, I just purchased a johnson cm30 pump and wanted to do the install myself. I chose this one b/c it seems everyone says that its the easiest for direct replacement. Anywho I have no idea where the pump is at. What is the easiest way to get to it? What to remove? I did searches in threads and they showed pictures but I could not make out where on the car it was at.
Thanks in advance guys for the help!

-Van-
Old 08-22-2007, 11:59 AM

Bentley Flying Spur, CL550
Originally Posted by userID
Hi all, I just purchased a johnson cm30 pump and wanted to do the install myself. I chose this one b/c it seems everyone says that its the easiest for direct replacement. Anywho I have no idea where the pump is at. What is the easiest way to get to it? What to remove? I did searches in threads and they showed pictures but I could not make out where on the car it was at.
Thanks in advance guys for the help!

-Van-
I'm not intending to be rude or anything but I put two very informative links in the other thread you started about the pump. It says clearly the pump is behind the front passenger wheel. There's pics too.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Not too be rude here,but if its this hard for you already,I suggest you have a qualified shop do it for you.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Almost a Member!

03 E55
Originally Posted by SteveFox
I'm not intending to be rude or anything but I put two very informative links in the other thread you started about the pump. It says clearly the pump is behind the front passenger wheel. There's pics too.
It does help thank you. On the two links you sent me I dunno why but my eyes only went to the second link where there was just pics. Sorry to bother yall.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Almost a Member!

03' E55, 06' Kawasaki ZX-10R
If no one else will help you I will.

It is located on the front of the passenger side ofthe car right next to the radiator....

It is very easy to access. Put the car up on ramps or even jack it up and secure it. there is a large black plastic piece that covers the bottom front of the car. You will need to remove the screws holding this up(you can leave the ones on the driver side on as it will drop enough for you to get to the pump.)

Once it is down, you will see the pump, it is the size of a soda can(bigger than your CM30) and has two hoses and one small wiring harness. the hoses will bolt directly up to the CM30, to install the wires, just crimp or cut the stock and attach the red to red and brown to black on the CM30. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me and I gladly will walk you through the install. Good luck. -Steve