W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Else have a hard time communicating with MBUSA regarding repair issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63, SL 550 Sport,C63 Coupe On the Way!!
Anyone Else have a hard time communicating with MBUSA regarding repair issues?

Well if you followed my posts since day 1 my car has been in the shop 4 times in the first month even on the very first day it was flatbed towed back. Car has a vibration that drives me nuts. Dealer in NY didnt find anything 2 times because of the NYC traffic they could never get above 40mph and another dealer found 2 defective tires and replaced them.

Since the 2nd dealer was able to go for a good road test they also verified the vibration. Factory Service reps came from the MBUSA headquarters 2 times and put over 150 miles on my car and told the tech they have a few cars with similar problems and they are experimenting on solutions. They said issue can be, software, tranny mounts, driveshaft or worst case the engine itself.

It feels like the drivers seat and behind vibrates at high speeds and when the gearbox is in 5th, 6th and 7th gears.

Now the dealer still has yet to give me my paperwork on the last visit or called me to update me. I called my selling dealer and told them no response 2 weeks so far,. I called MBUSA now 3 times the customer service reps rush you off the phone and all i hear "We will deliver this message to the appropriate party" MBUSA has a office full of secreterial gimps to take messages why no response?

This is really starting to bother me for several reasons that i cant enjoy my car at high speed driving which was my sole intent on the purchase and i am being ignored for weeks now. I dont want to take a sleezy action like NY arbitration/lemon law but what do i have to do to get myself heard! I actually use my timeshare on the weekends i take another car i just cant take the vibration for a 3 hour straight road trip it SUCKS. I hope someone from MB reads this post.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:59 AM

08 CLK63 BS
Which dealer did you go to?
Old 08-16-2007, 09:03 AM

NYC and Westchester. Im not concerned with the dealers because they are doing what they can but i cant justify why nobody from MBUSA has stepped in to seek some sort of relief here for the customer. I am paying a ton of $$$ and im driving a car that just isnt right.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
you need to walk in with a lawyer...guaranteed you will be heard. you are not satisfied with your purchase and the item you purchased obviously is defective. too many headaches, make them pay period.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:24 AM

08 CLK63 BS
There's a shop in Long Island called RPM Racing Inc (www.rpmracinginc.com). They specialize in tuning mercedes vehicles and might know what the problem is with your car. They also supposedly have close ties with Mercedes of Massapequa, which makes warranty work a much easier process.

My car is at Silver Star Mercedes right now and I called RPM for advice on what I should have them check and they were quite helpful. I'm not sure if they will be able to help you pinpoint your problem, but it's worth a try.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:34 AM

Since i got the car from the only factory MB store they should have more pull than anyone to fix this. I dont want to have anyone other than MB techs looking at the car since it is stock and not modified.

I just cant get over the level of support Mercedes has so far, I have recieved support from other manufactures over the years that was superb.

Im done with the phone calls Friday I am stopping at the dealer and I may even take a ride to headquarters in NJ if time permits.

To be honst i think Mercedes doesnt have a fix and they are stalling this is my gut feeling.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
I had an issue with a local dealership, not the car, and MBUSA basically said that they didn't want to get involved. I had an issue with a Lexus a few years ago and Lexus CS didn't even want to look at the car. I am thinking that Customer Service is a thing of the past, no matter what the product is.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:55 AM

08 CLK63 BS
Yeah, MB is known for their poor customer service and should really change their customer service philosophy. Maybe they need a major class-action lawsuit or something...
Old 08-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
PM me if you have a legit beef and want it heard. I can't promise anything and do not know the laws in NY.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
your response from mbusa is par for the course. customer service reps seem to be there for the sole purpose of deflecting legitimate claims and responsibility away from mbusa. the only sleezy action here is how they have consistently treated their customers and i see no reason why you would or should feel that way about taking legal action. regardless of how you feel about the dealer, it's most likely the ONLY way you'll get their attention.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
When we had problems with our 05 E that went back we first talked to the service rep who pointed us in the direction of the Service Manager/General Mgr of the dealership so they knew what was going on. Once they were aware of the situation called MBUSA's office in San Francisco and found out the reps name who handled the W. Coast Region and then proceeded to hound him. Took us about 2 calls that explained the case with the car and had the Service Manager call as well and had numerous conversations with the rep and the car was gone about a month later. Our situation may have been different as the car only had 5K on it when the tcu basically chewed up the transmission and took 16 weeks to replace and mulitiple visits. They offered us cash to keep the car or dealer pricing to keep us in a mercedes. Have to be able to bs your way on the phone to find out who the main person is in your area.

Also, read up on the the lemon laws in your state and what your options are.

Good luck with your situation
Old 08-16-2007, 01:18 PM

looks like im not the only one in the dark with customer service and MB. I dont want to lemon law the car because i like the car I just want it fixed if it can be fixed or a replacement car and have them cover me 1 month on my lease for the weeks it was in the shop so far.

I have to see who is in charge if anyone knows who covers the NY metro area let me know and how to get hold of them bypassing the silly phone reps who most likely dont pass my messages on.

I have to say BMW customer service was just awesome when i had one years ago. MB used to be great but im going back 7+ years. Seems like the Chrysler/Benz merger hurt quality and customer support which is obvious.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 Alfa Giulia gone, 2004 e55 amg gone,2014 E550 coupe white,2010 E550 coupe white, 2018 giulia ti
Is your car still at Silver Star?? Did they find any problem?You mentioned purchasing your car from the factory store in NYC I believe. Who have you spoken with over there??